• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

The apps were definitely abandoned. The apps were developed while GT was with Viacom so the files and info used by the apps are in Viacom's systems. Now that GT is with Defy the apps aren't being supported anymore.

I think the apps were abandoned a while ago, because they were based on the old Viacom tech. The solution is to use their YouTube channel instead.

The apps were definitely abandoned. The apps were developed while GT was with Viacom so the files and info used by the apps are in Viacom's systems. Now that GT is with Defy the apps aren't being supported anymore.

Ok thanks for the response guys!

tok9

Just want to apologise in advance Blood, I won't be checking out your review of The Witness until I get around to playing it. :)

Just want to apologise in advance Blood, I won't be checking out your review of The Witness until I get around to playing it. :)

Honestly, the way the game works, you're better off watching before you play because you just aren't going to remember the few basic parts we do show. That said, took pretty extreme measures to avoid spoiling key mechanics and aspects of the game. You can always listen too.
Aw no Witness or Division beta streams?

But loving the Yakuza and Mario RPGs streams on the schedule.
To be honest, nobody should be streaming The Witness or watching streams. I know people are curious and maybe even confused as to what the game is all about, but it's a game that you really do learn by doing, and that just can't be captured by watching someone else play.

Honestly, the way the game works, you're better off watching before you play because you just aren't going to remember the few basic parts we do show. That said, took pretty extreme measures to avoid spoiling key mechanics and aspects of the game. You can always listen too.

To be honest, nobody should be streaming The Witness or watching streams. I know people are curious and maybe even confused as to what the game is all about, but it's a game that you really do learn by doing, and that just can't be captured by watching someone else play.
It's funny you mentioned that. Just watched the review and was turning away to listen to the review more than watch it. So I get where you're coming from. I'll pick it up tomorrow and dive in!

tok9

Decided to listen to it. :)

I'm so ready for this game, just waiting to pick up my tv now and I'm set.

New huber hype is up:

Bosman's Hidden Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEBt2Ms4d1U

I think doing 'Hidden Gems' found by other GT staffers will be interesting as long as no one does something lame and pulls out a mainstream game. Kyle Bosman is on the show to rep Riptide GP2 again. He's so adamant about the game I'm considering picking it up to relieve the feeling of playing Wave Race 64, which was a pretty awesome game.

Hasney

I'm going to have to buy this Riptide at some point. I thought it was ust Bosman but hearing Huber love it too makes me want to grab it.

luchadork

whoever is uploading the twitch streams to youtube, you are doing gods work. thank you and praise odin. watched the ghost needs sheets stream last night. so good. ian's game seemed awesome.

ito007

I'm going to have to buy this Riptide at some point. I thought it was ust Bosman but hearing Huber love it too makes me want to grab it.
I did that exact thing! It's actually pretty good.

The game is pretty basic in terms of the bells and whistles, but it's to be expected with a $7 game. btw, there was no sale on psn when I bought it. The actual gameplay though is really solid. The racing actually feels really tight, and the jet skis have good weight to them.
It's your typical arcade boost game.

you race --> do tricks --> tricks gain boost --> use boost for better jumps --> use better jumps for more tricks --> more boost --> all leading to faster time and better cash --> better cash get's more jet skis and upgrades

what's interesting is that this progression is absolutely necessary because without upgrading and getting better equipment/tricks, you will have a really hard time winning races.

hjhfjhfg0lltl.gif

Prompto

Banned
Something really really small and insignificant that I've noticed about GT videos lately that's been bugging me:

Most of them still either say ©2014 or ©2015 at the end of the video instead of 2016.

Burt

As has been said, bonus bit was great.

Watching the Pokemon 20 Trailer Score. I hope the GT Time bet in the episode before the Super Bowl is about how many news anchors make a derogatory comment about how Pokemon is stupid and doesn't belong at the Super Bowl in their "Super Bowl commercial review" the day after.

tok9

That bonus bit was hilarious. Kyle makes it so easy to do emoticons of him on twitch. This is exactly why we need Ben and Brad to have their own shows or get in the lore more.

Burt

Can't figure it out on GIMP and its all I've got. Feel free to do a version of it.

PointedShockedHerculesbeetle.gif

sorry, i need to use this at any possible opportunity, as tenuous a connection as it may be

also shift+o, hit the text, 'select' from the menu bar, "grow.." +1 or 2, ctrl+shift+n, shift+b, fill the selection black, drop the layer underneath the white text, merge the text layer down

"teach a man to fish" and all

Top Bottom