• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Oof. That score hurts me physically. I can understand where Huber is coming from, based on his review.

Kyle finally got the flamethrower in G-Force yesterday and I think that means we're closing in on the end of the game. I wish I could wear 3D glasses for when he turns on the 3D, but I don't want to look like an idiot at work. I also don't know how I would explain 3D glasses when I should be doing other things.

sora87

The choices GT makes in which games get reviewed and which games don't baffles me sometimes. Maybe it's just taking shorter games over more time consuming stuff.

LiK

never watched their live streams aside from some of the pressers and I have to say I skimmed through some the LP ones and they're fun. I think i'll have a new set of stuff to watch while I clean now.

UrbanRats

No, let's not leave alone a company that regurgitates the same shit with every game they release in the most creatively bankrupt way.

Not to mention releases broken games and never fixes them.

Have they fixed the saves bug in the first walking dead game yet? One of the few gaming companies i don't mind boycotting.

Hasney

Not to mention releases broken games and never fixes them.

Have they fixed the saves bug in the first walking dead game yet? One of the few gaming companies i don't mind boycotting.

Nope, it's one of those things. Like I had no trouble with Fallout 4 so it's a great game to me, but had issues with TellTales stuff, so I can't play them anymore until they ditch the engine since it happened more than once.

Even searching the most recent games they've done with "save issues", the problems are still there.

Vinc

Kyle calls the Xbox B&W buttons salt and pepper, and it seems like the white one is pepper in the Bosman universe.

No, let's not leave alone a company that regurgitates the same shit with every game they release in the most creatively bankrupt way.
Yeah, like every site I go to, people complain about how busted TellTale's engine is and I've even seen chunks of LP's where non-dialog audio simply stopped playing.

UrbanRats

Nope, it's one of those things. Like I had no trouble with Fallout 4 so it's a great game to me, but had issues with TellTales stuff, so I can't play them anymore until they ditch the engine since it happened more than once.

Even searching the most recent games they've done with "save issues", the problems are still there.

Yeah i mean that is literally the most important feature in their games, and it's busted, you can't give them a pass.
It's like if in Bayonetta, some users didn't have the combat in their games, and they never bothered fixing it, but instead repeated the bug in other action titles.

You play Telltale games for the agency and the choices, when those are busted, not much else of value remains.
-
On another note, i loved this week's Bosman, fresh topic and liked the doodles!

Hasney

Yeah, like every site I go to, people complain about how busted TellTale's engine is and I've even seen chunks of LP's where non-dialog audio simply stopped playing.

On the plus side, we at least get this bug on the Wolf Among Us that we can enjoy in gif form.

tumblr_n3y62ftquI1qb2etzo1_500.gif

Lmao caught that as well. Wonder if it was intentional, you never know with Bosman.

What if Kyle is secretly a terrible cook because he hears the advice to use salt and uses pepper. Though I suppose if you're using both, given the small amounts called for in most recipes it wouldn't be too terrible.

RabbitNoir

Neo Member
The latest mandatory update has a lot of views.

I'd actually be okay with gametrailers non-sarcastically using clickbait titles as long as they kept poking fun at themselves in the way that they do now. The fans would keep on getting what they want while a few more suckers would come in for the cheap title and add to the view count.

There's also a chance that a few of those sucked in by the title will actually be interested and become fans just because they like what's really there.

Burt

Dammit, completely keep forgetting. I gotta just keep the channel on.

I can remember them breaking 1000 for Until Dawn, and I think they might've for some of the bigger games during the holiday, maybe some MGSV or something.

Yeah i mean that is literally the most important feature in their games, and it's busted, you can't give them a pass.
It's like if in Bayonetta, some users didn't have the combat in their games, and they never bothered fixing it, but instead repeated the bug in other action titles.

You play Telltale games for the agency and the choices, when those are busted, not much else of value remains.
-
On another note, i loved this week's Bosman, fresh topic and liked the doodles!

If anything, I'd say it's the opposite. If you want choices and agency, go play Until Dawn or Life is Strange because Telltale are miserably bad in those two areas. Their best games are the ones where they give you relatively small choices and don't pretend like you have a lot of agency like in The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands. When they don't do that, you can fairly quickly see right through how completely irrelevant your choices are because no matter what you do, the end result is always the same. Save a character at one point and it's only a matter of time before they're dead anyway. Huber's dream of having two completely different playthroughs based on your save is a pipe dream. Telltale can't even do that in single episodes, let alone full seasons or even multiple episodes.

Having said all that, I'll give Huber a pass on his defence of them because he hasn't finished Game of Thrones yet. If he's still defending Telltale once he's finished that piece of shit, he's out of his mind.

UrbanRats

If anything, I'd say it's the opposite. If you want choices and agency, go play Until Dawn or Life is Strange because Telltale are miserably bad in those two areas. Their best games are the ones where they give you relatively small choices and don't pretend like you have a lot of agency like in The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands. When they don't do that, you can fairly quickly see right through how completely irrelevant your choices are because no matter what you do, the end result is always the same. Save a character at one point and it's only a matter of time before they're dead anyway. Huber's dream of having two completely different playthroughs based on your save is a pipe dream. Telltale can't even do that in single episodes, let alone full seasons or even multiple episodes.

Having said all that, I'll give Huber a pass on his defence of them because he hasn't finished Game of Thrones yet. If he's still defending Telltale once he's finished that piece of shit, he's out of his mind.
I guess Until Dawn really showed a lot of people (including David Cage there) how it's done.
And it's funny 'cause a lot of people were dismissing it before release.

Karu

But even Until Dawn and Life is Strange are very limited? At least not so heavily different than Telltale or especially Heavy Rain. At least Until Dawn does a great dress-up, though.

KeRaSh

Sorry if this comes up frequently but I'm not up to date with this thread... Does anyone know if Tabletop Adventures is coming back at some point?
Maybe I'm just blind but I also can't seem to find the old episodes on their homepage.

Sorry if this comes up frequently but I'm not up to date with this thread... Does anyone know if Tabletop Adventures is coming back at some point?
Maybe I'm just blind but I also can't seem to find the old episodes on their homepage.

We don't know if it's coming back for sure. Ben wants it to come back, and I could swear that we had some good news about it, but there's nothing definite right now.

sora87

Ben sounds like he has plans for TT but just doesn't want to say anything concrete for fear of letting people down, as plans can change and all that.

Philippo

Can we get a Trailer Score for the latest FFXV footage please?
Since it ranked so high in GT's Most Wanted, i'm curious to hear what they think of it.

ito007

Ben sounds like he has plans for TT but just doesn't want to say anything concrete for fear of letting people down, as plans can change and all that.
Yep I think he mentioned this in the recent COD stream. He's got ideas and stuff for it, but doesn't want to give a time because he doesn't want to disappoint people if that gets delayed

Auctopus

I agree with the points Ian made about the Bethesda event...

It will not be a good sign if ESVI appears there. UNLESS, it turns out Fallout 4 was some sort of B-Project and ESVI has been receiving the actual Next-Gen treatment. Either way, it'll need some sort of rehaul to be anywhere near the quality of the rest of 2015's RPGs.

Wolfenstein will hopefully have a sequel, as will Evil Within. But overall, I'm not entirely sure what they're gonna show there.

I don't know if it's a joke or not but it's sort of irritating how salty Brandon gets about Blood winning bets.

Vinc

Everyone should check out the latest episode of GT Live with Firewatch, it's a really great show. Made me want the game even more and it was just a fun episode to watch.

Top Bottom