• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
hwhmzZD.jpg

Chris Redfied trying to fight Luke Cage

vg260

I can live without X-Men.

It's time for Spidey's crew to get their due.

Gobby, Mysterio, Sandman, Ock. pretty much any of his enemies in green (i.e.almost everyone except the symbiotes).

Gobby, Mysterio, Sandman, Ock. pretty much any of his enemies in green (i.e.almost everyone except the symbiotes).

Yeah! I'd totally be ok with X-Men getting replaced with Spidey and friends.

I just want to say, ladies and gentlemen, that it's been an honour being on this hype train with you all.

This is gonna be one long ass week.

Skilletor

Yup. I'm excited for all the new characters we're going to get.

I would prefer to have the x-men but in a weird way I'd rather have no x-men than some x-men but not my favorites.

ZeroCDR

Spider-Man is probably gonna get some great representation for a change with Sony likely having a big hand in this. Very much looking forward to that.

I'll miss the X-Men and hope for DLC. What's really killing me is the prospect of possibly stepping back to 2v2. Hopefully we get some hard gameplay details soon..

N.Domixis

Banned
Sony needs to go all out then if Xmen are gone.

Spider man Peter
Spider man miles
Spider woman
Venom
Carnage
Toxin
Man spider
Agony
Scorn
Scream
Spoder man
Lego Spider Man
Lego Venom

Wait if this is coming out 2017 doesn't this mean a relatively small roster.

If it's true that the game started life earlier as a preliminary "Generic Vs Game" before Marvel was even attached (big if there), who knows how much of the game had been slowly worked on before Marvel even gave the go ahead. The engine could have been in decent shape, and some Capcom characters partially designed, before Marvel even signed on (that's an optimistic outlook, but possible).

Also, we don't even really know how long the game has been in active development and just been kept secret. I mean, look at Resident Evil 7, or Fallout 4.

If anything, the fact that teases have been kind of coming for months now from some semi noteworthy FGC peeps suggests that the game actually is much further along than we probably think.

Spinky

As far as Resident Evil characters go, I'm expecting about four, with three of them being Leon, Claire and Jack Baker (the "welcome to the family, son" guy). Fourth is up for debate.

Mahvel 3 had four RE characters, three of which were from the most recent entry. RE7 will be coming out during the same year as MvC4, and the RE2 remake, featuring Leon and Claire, will probably come out the year after.

(I totally posted this in the other thread but that one's moving lightning fast, so.)

Mugy

A great Resident Evil character would be Jack Krauser. I fact, for 4 characters of RE i would go with this:

- Leon S. Kennedy
- Jack Krauser
- Jill Valentine
- Albert Wesker

Mugy

Capcom often captalizes in RE4 success. So why the hell not. Yeah Barry Burton or even Sherry or Jake are most obvious choices, but man Jack Krausers has a damn lot of attack options for a great moveset, not even including his "Las Plagas" arm.

Jawmuncher

Banking on some RE4 would be an easy way to get RE hype. RE7 trying to go back to being scary, I don't see them wanting to "ruin" that by adding jack baker or someone else to the game. If they do it'll be an announcement after the game has been released for a bit.

Spinky

I honestly just want Jack in for the lulz.

I just want to beat the shit out of people with an invincible old hillbilly.

But I do think it could work (he could also use that axe or whatever it is he has). I wouldn't be surprised, it would definitely be goofy though. Not like that's ever stopped Capcom before, but yeah.

Spinky

Ada would be great. Want 2 Batman grapple folks.

The entire Capcom roster should just be 20% Resident Evil to be honest.

A great Resident Evil character would be Jack Krauser. I fact, for 4 characters of RE i would go with this:

- Leon S. Kennedy
- Jack Krauser
- Jill Valentine
- Albert Wesker

William Birkin's time to shine. So much you could do with him.

pXYIFll.jpg

Look at that magnificent bastard. With RE2 remake coming and all too!

Edit: Actually Barry Burton would be ballin'.

It's crazy, going back and looking at the MvC2 roster, there are only NINE Marvel characters who aren't tied up in Fox licensing... Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, War Machine, Spidey, Venom, Thanos, Shuma Gorath, and Blackheart. Add UMvC3 into the mix, and that goes up to 20, and some of those AREN'T coming back.

It's just weird to realize how heavy the X-Men in particular took over MvC2's roster, and how much room there is for fresh faces now. Even as someone with much love for X-Men, there's some excitement to be found in that.

It's crazy, going back and looking at the MvC2 roster, there are only NINE Marvel characters who aren't tied up in Fox licensing... Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, War Machine, Spidey, Venom, Thanos, Shuma Gorath, and Blackheart. Add UMvC3 into the mix, and that goes up to 20, and some of those AREN'T coming back.

It's just weird to realize how heavy the X-Men in particular took over MvC2's roster, and how much room there is for fresh faces now. Even as someone with much love for X-Men, there's some excitement to be found in that.

Well you have to remember the series basically started as X-Men COTA

Well you have to remember the series basically started as X-Men COTA

Well, and also the X-Men were basically THE household name for Marvel at the time, so it totally makes sense.

I had just managed to forget just how much of the MvC2 roster was X-Men and Street Fighter. It really was less Marvel vs Capcom and more X-Men vs Street Fighter (featuring guests).

Darknight

Sony needs to go all out then if Xmen are gone.

Spider man Peter
Spider man miles
Spider woman
Venom
Carnage
Toxin
Man spider
Agony
Scorn
Scream
Spoder man
Lego Spider Man
Lego Venom

If Xmen are gone maybe they will include Sony Heroes such as Evil Cole, Good Cole, Future Cole, Young w/hair Cole etc etc so introduce them for Battle Royal 2.

The news from Polygon probably implies that MvC4 won't have Deadpool, right?
If so then I'm a little sad.
It may also imply that Super Skrull and Dr. Doom are gone, too.
But maybe we get Groot as his own character. And hopefully Hulk makes a comeback.
Sad that X-Men are getting axed though.
At least Spidey will most probably still make the cut.

And hey, maybe there will be another Ultimate version where they'll add X-Men related characters again, who knows.
For know I'm excited as to what the next few days will bring.
And I'll take a new Mahvel any day, with it without X-Men.

Neoxon

So if Fantastic Four characters appear, that means Marvel got the rights back?!!

NEOXON, WHERE YOU AT?
I was at rehearsals & tutoring.

If the F4 show up, maybe something could be happening at Marvel Studios. But given the stuff behind the ban, I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom