• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

iirc Enter the dragon punch (a user here) said SIEJ was making a new one

Errr they're not the ones who did Knack would they? Interesting if it'd be a platformer, can't recall the last time a JP dev outside of Nintendo making a platformer in the past decade since the Wii @_@

wapplew

Errr they're not the ones who did Knack would they? Interesting if it'd be a platformer, can't recall the last time a JP dev outside of Nintendo making a platformer in the past decade since the Wii @_@

Puppeteer_cover.png

Pachimari

This isn't happening but I would be down for Marvel vs Capcom 4, especially since I loved MvC2 a whole lot.

Just make sure to give me Ameterasu, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Punisher, Gambit, Quake, Thanos, Wesker and a bunch of heroes. I don't know if any of these were in MvC3 other than Ameterasu.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Marvel did say we'd be hearing about more of their games as we go into 2017, so the timing would be appropriate, but the main question is if they're actually following up on this specific product.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't the soon-to-be-announced Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale game fit with that statement? Unless I'm missing some of the context.

Ploid 3.0

Star Lord with his elemental bullets, nah maybe Gamora, or Drax. Rocket returns.

Looking at MVC2 footage, I would like them to mimic the 2d art style like Guilty Gear. I like the style of MVC2 over 3. If this is true that is.

BlizzKrut

Banned
I doubt Akuma/Evil Ryu isn't for SFV, announced in a SF event + look at the stage that was shown and the character's model, definitely SFV related.

Ono did say he'd have many surprises though...

sinkfla87

This may be complete blasphemy but I'd like to see the game ditch the 100 hit combos and find a happy medium between sfv and SFxT. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this in an attempt to appeal to a more casual audience (me).

Sheroking

This may be complete blasphemy but I'd like to see the game ditch the 100 hit combos and find a happy medium between sfv and SFxT. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this in an attempt to appeal to a more casual audience (me).

It's not blasphemy, you're just asking for an entirely different game than Marvel vs Capcom.

leroidys

If this is real, I hope (in vain) that it's more like MvC 1 or TvC than 2 and 3. At the very least, please come up with a better mechanic than x-factor.

eggandI

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;225467383 said:
Insane combos are one of the defining features of the vs. series

It's not blasphemy, you're just asking for an entirely different game than Marvel vs Capcom.

MvC1 and 2 both had pretty short and fast combos (compared to 3). It was only in certain situations where you could get extensions/infinites. MvC3 is really the odd man out in the series.

It will be interesting to see how they handle combos in this new entry. They massively upped the ante with 3. They might dial back a bit. Wouldn't surprise me.

Dahbomb

They have to dial back the combos a lot from 3.

I do think stuff like ground bounce, wall bounce and OTG are good ideas. In Marvel 2 the effecient/damaging combos were kinda limited to characters with aerial options so cast with limited damage from launchers were a lot worse. Marvel 3 fixed that issue by allowing characters many ways to combos meaning no matter what type of character you were, you had access to damage.

This had the side effect of having long combos where characters like Vergil would do a wall bounce combo, an air combo, OTG, ground bounce combo then combine with double assist combos (in Marvel 2 you could only use one assist in a combo) for some really long combos.

They have to dial back the combos from Marvel 3 for sure. Anything that is longer than a Wolverine non Fatal Claw/Berserker Rage loop combo is too long.

Alienous

Probably hard as fuck to get another licensing deal

Between Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy it seems that Marvel are handing out licensing deals like candy.

They've been pretty aggressive with wanting to make games recently so I see no reason why Capcom and Marvel couldn't agree to co-publish a sequel to a game in a successful series.

Vex_

Banned
Damn people coming up with character lists and it is about to debunked soon lmfao.

Why do you guys do this to yourselves?

GRaider81

Do people think SF5 bombed because it wasn't on Xbox? I mean it might have done a little better but I don't think it would have saved it from bombing.

eggandI

Banned
They have to dial back the combos a lot from 3.

I do think stuff like ground bounce, wall bounce and OTG are good ideas. In Marvel 2 the effecient/damaging combos were kinda limited to characters with aerial options so cast with limited damage from launchers were a lot worse. Marvel 3 fixed that issue by allowing characters many ways to combos meaning no matter what type of character you were, you had access to damage.

This had the side effect of having long combos where characters like Vergil would do a wall bounce combo, an air combo, OTG, ground bounce combo then combine with double assist combos (in Marvel 2 you could only use one assist in a combo) for some really long combos.

They have to dial back the combos from Marvel 3 for sure. Anything that is longer than a Wolverine non Fatal Claw/Berserker Rage loop combo is too long.

Well said. I hope Capcom USA is browsing this thread.

Damn people coming up with character lists and it is about to debunked soon lmfao.

Why do you guys do this to yourselves?
There is no going back once you've joined the hype train. I'm ready to catch this L 😩

Don't think they would care with delisted games.

I just really want the games re-listed so more people can play which means a bigger player population. Getting BC would be a nice bonus

In all honesty in this day and age, I think whoever is footing the bill decides if it is multiplatform or not. If it's Sony, I fully expect another SFV situation.

Yeah I understand, still, a multiplatform release would be more beneficial IMO

Sheroking

TBH, I really wouldn't mind if Marvel 4 were just Marvel 3 without TAC and with heavier scaling. That engine was pretty excellent for the most part.

groansey

Ono: First, we'd have to solidify Street Fighter 5 as an eSports title. The more people participate, the bigger tournaments we can host, and the more people are going to watch them, which is directly connected with our sales.

This is why they're never turning around SFV sales.

Eolz

What does Street Fighter's bomb have to do with being multiplat or not?

That neither Sony, Capcom or Disney would care about making it an exclusive. There hasn't been a single good reason in this thread about why it would be one.
Sony already has the fighting game console by default for this gen, Capcom got disappointing sales after aiming for esports only, and Disney wants the most profitable solution possible (which technically would be a Marvel only fighting game).

Hopefully Capcom are savvy and have played Microsoft into handing over some cash to make the next game multiplatform. I'm PS4 only but being multiplatform hurts no one.

I gotta stop reading this thread, it's only going to hurt more when it doesn't happen.

Vex_

Banned
There is no going back once you've joined the hype train. I'm ready to catch this L 😩

This December, y'all bout to get a nice warm L under your trees. Dat shit gonna be fiyah!

I'm gonna be rubbing my hands together like the birdman when Capcom says "no mvc4 in development"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom