• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I don't think Marvel will be exclusive but I don't get how SFV is an example of why it won't be exclusive. The game was on PC and PS4. You're kidding yourself if you think Xbox One would have saved it.

Zombine

Banned
I don't look forward to a homogenized cast of safe bets from future Marvel films, and the exclusion of mutants other than Old Man Logan for boring as sin Inhumans.

On the bright side we will probably finally see the inclusion of Doctor Octopus, and proooooobably Vulture.

MAtgS

Lol I don't think Marvel will be exclusive but I don't get how SFV is an example of why it won't be exclusive. The game was on PC and PS4. You're kidding yourself if you think Xbox One would have saved it.

Perhaps but the poor sales could/would ignite a play it safe attitude with MVC4. Plus now we got Switch as a wild card.

We don't actually ban for reposting someone else's GAF rumor, but I mean, the original rumor provider is kind of expected to deliver.
Even if his post says that the info might not be good?

Since he is not giving any credence to the rumor I can appreciate him posting.

Insiders posting shit as verified and the teasing are much more annoying imo.

Edit: Saw the post above with the new quote. Nevermind.

NotLiquid

Some of the lines on that 4 aren't entirely aligned properly. As much as it looks cool I'm kinda calling fake cause it looks a bit jarring now that I've noticed it.

Chobel

E7RVxZR.jpg

Fake or not, I fucking love the logo here.

JP

The only reason it could be PS4 exclusive, like in many cases we have seen before, is if SCEJ have a hand in it or its partially funded by SCE.
I'd be surprised if it was exclusive but I suppose it could be something similar to Street Fighter V in that it's a game that just wouldn't be on the cards if it wasn't for Sony actively pursuing it.

Obviously, Street Fighter would have happened at some point but it wasn't something that Capcom were willing to hand over cash for, at lest not for a few years.

With the new Marvel, to paraphrase, "going out looking for companies to develop games who would treat the games with the respect of first party games" and going to Sony directly for the new Spider-Man they at least seem to have confidence in them in this role.

If, and that is a big if, this did happen and it was a PlayStation exclusive then I suppose it's possible that Marvel went to Capcom but they weren't willing to invest in producing the game so they went to Sony due to the relationsip that was built up from the Street Fighter V arrangement.

It is of course possible that Marvel instead went to Sony directly due to the relationship that they had built leading up with Spider-Man deal and that there was already a relationship there due to the Street Fighter V deal.

If so, neither of these scenarious would be any less of the "treating the game like a first party game" deal that is happening with Sony & Insomniac for Spider-Man.

I'm not suggesting that any of this will happen or even that this game will ever be produced and whether Capcom would even be involved but there's obviously been time spent building relationships between all three companies over the past couple of years.

It would be nice if to did happen in some form.

V-Faction

New feature: Ceiling Bounce - Exclusive to new character SAGAT from his Tiger Knee

New feature: The Gouki-doki... Akuma gets two X-Factors

New feature: Jean Splice - Phoenix is now a separate character from Jean Grey and starts with 5 Bars

New feature: Quadruple Jumps - Because Triple jumps are so 3.

New feature: Single-Player Story Mode! .... It's a team consisting of Vergil, Zero, and Thanos.

jett

D-Member
You have to be pretty silly to believe those pictures.

Every single time these fakes suspiciously don't show anything from the actual game.

jett

D-Member
As long as we get Eighting back to make it, I'll be happy.

I now remember Mahvel saying one of the reasons they chose to work with Insomniac (for Spider-man) was that their building was nearby.

Right now, if this game exists, I don't quite expect them to team up with some dev on the other side of the world.

Hell no dafuq? Marvel 3 is a much more aesthetic game than SFV. I hope they do a rework of the MTFramework engine but it'll probably be on UE4..
I really hope they can retain the look of Marvel 3 but visually update it! SFV is so ugly compared to MVC3. I really hope Marvel 3 won't look like SFV...

I-hate-u

I now remember Mahvel saying one of the reasons they chose to work with Insomniac (for Spider-man) was that their building was nearby.

Right now, if this game exists, I don't quite expect them to team up with some dev on the other side of the world.

So who would be the dev then?

CD'S BAR

Hell no dafuq? Marvel 3 is a much more aesthetic game than SFV. I hope they do a rework of the MTFramework engine but it'll probably be on UE4..

I really hope they can retain the look of Marvel 3 but visually update it! SFV is so ugly compared to MVC3. I really hope Marvel 3 won't look like SFV...

to each his own i guess. marvel 3's flat comic book style was very boring. even the menus and character select are unappealing imo.

shaowebb

Was Ghost Rider ever in any of the games? I want him so bad. Medusa, Quake and Bolt from Inhumans too.

XKHVPjQ.gif

He was in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Above average health, long range chain attacks, and lots of knockdowns. He had holes in his offense though and wasn't very mobile. Didn't help that his air to air game sucked. He couldn't cover certain areas of the screen and suffered badly under pressure or full screen zoners since he didn't quite reach that far. Needed a good GTFO partner to keep him safe and honestly to cover the gaps between his attacks. Dude worked best with like one solid zoning assist and either Doom missiles or Vajra IMO.

Dude could've really stood to have at least one or two more specials to help him out. He had a good backdash though.

For what its worth, he is Filipino Champ's guilty pleasure same as how Justin Wong's guilty pleasure is Iron Fist. Both love them characters in spite of how bad they were. F. Champ abandoned G.Rider far earlier than J. Wong got real about his team setup though. I believe he may have been the last serious attempt at the character. Guy was virtually abandoned.

Kouichi

Dammit GAF, I didn't believe this when the thread was first made, but now I've been pulled in. Here's hoping this is true and Phoenix Wright returns!

I really wouldn't be surprised if instead of Marvel vs Capcom 4 this ends up taking on a different name but still being a successor to that series broadly speaking. The thing that sticks out to me in my mind potentially is 'Avengers vs Capcom' instead; drops the number, focuses on the most lucrative brand name within Marvel... and I bet if they do this game, the character designs etc will be MCU-style, and the roster will be full of those topping the box office.

The God

I really wouldn't be surprised if instead of Marvel vs Capcom 4 this ends up taking on a different name but still being a successor to that series broadly speaking. The thing that sticks out to me in my mind potentially is 'Avengers vs Capcom' instead; drops the number, focuses on the most lucrative brand name within Marvel... and I bet if they do this game, the character designs etc will be MCU-style, and the roster will be full of those topping the box office.

So like 6 marvel characters fighting the whole capcom roster?

I think it's definitely multiplat but if an exclusive scenario happened, I think it's PS4/PC.

And that's because the game will have essentially traded 1 platform for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom