• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
I would like to hear from Oceanic before I vote. My final votes so far have all be reactionary and mostly rushed. That has not worked out too well.

Zatoth

So why would you still be in the game if your win condition was met last night? Shouldn't MattyG have announced your victory and removed you from the game when the day started? Why wait till the end of the day? Could it be that you real goal is to get OceanicAir detained?

May be far fetched. But we should consider it.

Well assuming you won, congrats johnnyquicknives!

Assuming we still are playing, I like the idea of voting for oceanicair, I think it's really interesting that stuff still happened last night from Your role Johnny and didnt really trust oceanicair yesterday before all the craziness.

I'm still only planning on voting once today, but if the people call for oceanic, I'll be right there

raindoc

Well, congratz Johnny... I thought you were a Hutt, welp.

So why would you still be in the game if your win condition was met last night? Shouldn't MattyG have announced your victory and removed you from the game when the day started? Why wait till the end of the day? Could it be that you real goal is to get OceanicAir detained?

Oh man. My poor brain.
(What's confusing me a bit is why OA would lie about getting his shield stolen? what purpose would that serve?)

Palmer_v1

Well, congratz Johnny... I thought you were a Hutt, welp.

Oh man. My poor brain.
(What's confusing me a bit is why OA would lie about getting his shield stolen? what purpose would that serve?)

Fake the Mafia into wasting a night trying to kill him. Prevent the thief from ACTUALLY stealing his shield.

The reason I wasn't in a rush was because Matt Attack and AbsolutBro have not posted in this day cycle yet.

I'm really sorry for not having posted yet. I'll have a more detailed post very soon, but for now: I'd like to hear more from Oceanic before detaining him. Johnny's info puts him in a very suspicious situation, but frankly I'd prefer to detain Makai right now.

CzarTim

Good point about him still being in the game. I'm not so sure about him needing to get OA detained though given Johnny has never voted for him, even yesterday when it would have been easy to push him.

Gahhhh, I can understand why people get so upset when people don't believe them. I was robbed last night, I can see why they might have targeted johnny last night since he was one of the people most considered to be town. I said before, maybe they wanted to go after a hidden shield before going after mine, no idea but don't act like it's not a possibility (that's even if he's telling the truth). While bluffing might have been a great plan, it would be rather dumb for me nearly lynched and then get caught in a lie and say I was bluffing. Again this bandwagon has grown rather quickly by people who just nod their head with what one or two people are saying without adding much themselves.

Palmer_v1

Let me rephrase: Assuming he's a Hutt, what purpose could that lie serve?

Oh, try to garner support. "Why would a thief steal from a Hutt? I must be townie." Problem is that we obviously have no way to corroborate that, even before Johnny threw him under the bus.

CzarTim

Given the known roles as of this morning, OA claiming a thief visited him was fairly low risk. If he is a Hutt with a night action, Setre would have triggered watching him to which he could merely claim it was a thief. It's a fairly safe bet to guess we don't have a tracker or watcher, so who could counter this? Also it would have been weird for him to say no thief visited him given he claimed a shield.

However, it occurs to me now that if Johnny is leaving the game tonight, we'll see his flip and confirm this info. So we can leave OA alive for one night if we want. It's just that if OA is a Hutt, I'd rather know now so we can reread the thread with a better idea of the players involved.

eJawa

Gahhhh, I can understand why people get so upset when people don't believe them. I was robbed last night, I can see why they might have targeted johnny last night since he was one of the people most considered to be town. I said before, maybe they wanted to go after a hidden shield before going after mine, no idea but don't act like it's not a possibility (that's even if he's telling the truth). While bluffing might have been a great plan, it would be rather dumb for me nearly lynched and then get caught in a lie and say I was bluffing. Again this bandwagon has grown rather quickly by people who just nod their head with what one or two people are saying without adding much themselves.

Considering the events of last night, if you are hutt, bluffing the way you did, is a good move. If you just came out and said you were a ordinary rebel, that might not be enough to sway everyone. Instead, you claimed to have a unique, believable role. Further more, it's a role that could then be conveniently "removed" that night. This is all speculation and I'm not entirely convinced myself.

Palmer_v1

It would be 9 votes for today.

So this makes things absolutely insane. It means Johnny's vote must count, which means he's still in the game. I don't know if this means he's won, but still gets to play through, or if he's lying to us, or something else.

It DOES make me incredibly hesitant to trust anything he's said today. Yes, that means we should doubt his claim about me as well. Goddamnit.

We keep talking about an opposite role to mine, that has to get someone lynched. Maybe OceanicAir is his target, but he knows he can't role claim cop because Blarg and Setre already fucked that up for him? So this is his attempt to make OA look like a liar.

I feel like we have to let Oceanic Air live so we can see what happens.

I think technically I didn't win until we discovered Quantum this morning. My vote would count today but I'm not going to use it.

Palmer_v1

Vote: eJawa

I do not think we can afford to kill OA today. If johnny wins somehow overnight, than that's cool cause it verifies everything and we can kill OA tomorrow.

If Johnny and OA are both still around tomorrow, we've got some more insanity on our hands to deal with.

You understand why I have to doubt you, right? It's nothing personal.

Yup, for what its worth I'd leave Oceanic alive until you confirm me as well. I wanted to get all the info out there earlier in the day for you to discuss though.

Does your PM specify the number of armorers?

Nope, and I didn't know the name or details of the role until exmachina died. After that I figured there was likely to only be 2 because more than that would be stupidly powerful. I asked for clarification after Quantum died about what happens if I win, and was told I already had won and it would be announced at the end of today.
The day was going really slowly though, and with Oceanic likely lying I figured getting the info out early would get this game ramped back up to Star Wars level.

I guess this will also allow for me to reiterate that I used the term ordinary rebel first and I am not an ordinary rebel. I just made that assumption. It's why I don't think it's that strictly that trustworthy of a role claim for redhood.

CzarTim

Ok, thanks Johnny.

I think Johnny is telling the truth. If OA is telling the truth it means the thief hits johhny last night, which is possible but unlikely imo. But I guess we can wait a day to be sure.

unvote

Palmer, re: ejawa. Are you thinking he's a main Hutt or an IA? Because Setre cleared him night 2. I do not think we have 6 hutts and 2 3p, I'm thinking 2 IA and 3 main hutts with night actions.

eJawa

Keep in mind, if Jonny is telling the truth and he leaves the game tonight, that is one less non-hutt role. That means potentially losing 3 non-hutts tonight.

CzarTim

Keep in mind, if Jonny is telling the truth and he leaves the game tonight, that is one less non-hutt role. That means potentially losing 3 non-hutts tonight.

Because we have an even number of players right now, it should not change our remaining mislynches.

But that said there is a possibility we could lose this game on day 6.

Palmer_v1

Ok, thanks Johnny.

I think Johnny is telling the truth. If OA is telling the truth it means the thief hits johhny last night, which is possible but unlikely imo. But I guess we can wait a day to be sure.

unvote

Palmer, re: ejawa. Are you thinking he's a main Hutt or an IA? Because Setre cleared him night 2. I do not think we have 6 hutts and 2 3p, I'm thinking 2 IA and 3 main hutts with night actions.

Undercover Imperial would make MORE sense to me than a Hutt, but either is possible. I'm inclined to think there were only 5 actual Hutts at the start, and we're down to 4. Johnny, if he's telling the truth, is sort of an anti-town role. He MIGHT be the balancing Neutral counterpart to me.

Zatoth

That's a good point. The thief is most likely on the Hutt side. If OceanicAir is Hutt he should know who the thief targeted during the night. Lying about being targeted by the thief would be risky. Because the real target could call him out on his lie.

Would be cool if OceanicAir tried to steal from Johnny and ending up stealing from himself. :D

CzarTim

That's a good point. The thief is most likely on the Hutt side. If OceanicAir is Hutt he should know who the thief targeted during the night. Lying about being targeted by the thief would be risky. Because the real target could call him out on his lie.

Would be cool if OceanicAir tried to steal from Johnny and ending up stealing from himself. :D

To add to this, if the Hutts knew who the thief targeted last night and that person did not have a shield or gun, the target would not have been notified of the visit and it would have been safe to make the claim. If OA tried to steal from himself, what do we think the result PM would have said?

Vote: johnnyquicknives

If he is telling the truth he'd be leaving the game anyway.

If you think Johnny is telling the truth, this is effectively voting no detain.

I do not think we can afford to kill OA today. If johnny wins somehow overnight, than that's cool cause it verifies everything and we can kill OA tomorrow.

If Johnny and OA are both still around tomorrow, we've got some more insanity on our hands to deal with.

Yup. I think we'll learn a lot more leaving those two alone. Keeping in mind what we've learned, I think Makai would not be a terrible choice for detainment. Setre's report of suspiciousbehavior and a last-minute defense that doesn't do much to convince jake me pretty curious to see what his detainment would reveal- there seem to be a lot of possible scenarios as to what the suspicious behavior involved, and this would be one first step to reaching the truth.

Vote: johnnyquicknives

If he is telling the truth he'd be leaving the game anyway.

If he is telling the truth, it'd also be a waste of a detain. I'd rather find out the validity of his claims tomorrow.

Yup. I think we'll learn a lot more leaving those two alone. Keeping in mind what we've learned, I think Makai would not be a terrible choice for detainment. Setre's report of suspicious behavior and a last-minute defense that didn't do much to convince me, although it does me pretty curious to see what his detainment would reveal- there seem to be a lot of possible scenarios as to what the suspicious behavior involved, and this would be one first step to reaching the truth.

Some corrections for my above post.

eJawa

Undercover Imperial would make MORE sense to me than a Hutt, but either is possible. I'm inclined to think there were only 5 actual Hutts at the start, and we're down to 4. Johnny, if he's telling the truth, is sort of an anti-town role. He MIGHT be the balancing Neutral counterpart to me.

If I was an Undercover Imperial, that would explain why I was on the vote Blarg train. It would be relatively safe to assume that Blarg was a rebel, since a Hutt wouldn't draw attention to himself like that. Outside of that UI are in the dark and make things very hard to know what to do. Makai voted for Blarg early, but Setre found suspicious activity, which would rule out UI.

I think it is probably worth waiting a day to see how the Johnny situation plays out before detaining OA. The question comes down to voting for me on the hope I am the UI or for Makai who has shown suspicious activity. I guess that could be tough choices. Thankfully it's easy for me, since I am the only one to know for sure I am not UI.

Palmer_v1

I'm not gonna lie, I did wonder what would happen if we detained Johnny today. If this was a friendlier game with people I knew, I would definitely be trying to detain him for the laughs.

Punish him for his hubris!

CzarTim

Some thoughts on Johnny:

I am struggling to come up with a scenario where him lying makes sense.

If he is an Lyncher and OA is his target, why wait until today to push him? Yesterday would have been much easier considering how aimless we were (and how close OA was to detainment.)

If he is some other type of role that gets a new assignment each day, why claim 3p? Johnny was generally trusted (he had no votes on him before today,) he could have claimed a rebel switcher, voted OA, and probably convinced enough people to follow suit. Instead he doesn't vote and advises town to wait until tomorrow. Also he knows if he's still around tomorrow, he's the obvious detain choice.

If he's Hutt, why destroy his creditably with town to detain a non-power role?

I think he'll flip smuggler.

The more I think about OA though, the more I think he might be telling the truth. I think Johnny was a good choice for shield night 2. I do not think OA is such a threat to the Hutts that they would want to kill him soon, and with another shield out there on a bigger target, the Hutts might rather find it first. So this whole thing could just be a coincidence.

The problem of course is we have no way of knowing for sure.

raindoc

I'm not gonna lie, I did wonder what would happen if we detained Johnny today. If this was a friendlier game with people I knew, I would definitely be trying to detain him for the laughs.

Punish him for his hubris!

Whack him right in front of the finishing line?
Tempting... but not helping our cause at all and these games take too long for that kind of bullshitery.

I agree with the people posting that we should spare OA, if only for today.

And once more I have to ask you for a better reason to follow your vote than "trust me". Why eJawa?

Palmer_v1

Whack him right in front of the finishing line?
Tempting... but not helping our cause at all and these games take too long for that kind of bullshitery.

I agree with the people posting that we should spare OA, if only for today.

And once more I have to ask you for a better reason to follow your vote than "trust me". Why eJawa?

Well, he's low activity, which is always a reason for me to lynch. He's had numerous bandwagon votes, and other than makai, hasn't posted much about why he votes for who he does. Fairly certain he's voted to detain Rebels every time so far. Not sure where he landed at the end of yesterday. It just feels like enough activity to not get prodded, but without ever contributing. It would also serve to semi-confirm Setre.

Palmer_v1

I also have a personal theory it may confirm. I don't have anything specific, I'm just asking that if you find him suspicious anyway, let's vote him now while we await results on OA. If you don't find him suspicious, than stick to your own guns. I don't want a bandwagon here. I could easily be wrong.

That said, I do kind of want this day to end quickly so we can get Johnny and OA resolved.

raindoc

Well, he's low activity, which is always a reason for me to lynch. He's had numerous bandwagon votes, and other than makai, hasn't posted much about why he votes for who he does. Fairly certain he's voted to detain Rebels every time so far. Not sure where he landed at the end of yesterday. It just feels like enough activity to not get prodded, but without ever contributing. It would also serve to semi-confirm Setre.

you know my answer to that, right?

i'll be honest, I don't know what to think anymore. I was very suspicous of you being SK for the wrong reasons, but your defence reinforced that. Hutts (probably) targeting you doesn't clear you of that, but with no double NKs (except for LoC - again probably) so far... even I wouldn't play SK in such a defensive way. I'll let you of the hook for now.
I've also been suspicious of Johnny, as already mentioned... and now this.
Left on my list of "I've got a bad feeling about..." is Czar, based solely on similarities to my usual playstyle as Mafia - as actively as possible, always engaging. Keeping people busy.
I don't want to vote based on that alone.

Your presented argument against eJawa is about as compelling as my suspicion of CzarTim, so I'm not really eager to vote for him, not to just speed things up.
Patience is a virtue - and I'll have to sleep about this.

raindoc

i'll be honest, I don't know what to think anymore. I was very suspicous of you being SK for the wrong reasons, but your defence reinforced that. Hutts (probably) targeting you doesn't clear you of that, but with no double NKs (except for LoC - again probably) so far... even I wouldn't play SK in such a defensive way. I'll let you of the hook for now, since I don't believe in a SK anymore (pretty imbalanced game with no 2nd party that kills during the night, don't you think?)
Left on my list of "I've got a bad feeling about..." is Czar, based solely on similarities to my usual playstyle as Mafia - as actively as possible, always engaging. Keeping people busy.

Your presented argument against eJawa is about as compelling as my suspicion of CzarTim, so I'm not really eager to vote for him, not to just speed things up.

Quote edit

redhood56

Banned
Sorry I am so late today, but congrats johnny. You have my interest palmer, but I am not ready to follow you just yet, that almost got me killed yesterday.

Palmer_v1

i'll be honest, I don't know what to think anymore. I was very suspicous of you being SK for the wrong reasons, but your defence reinforced that. Hutts (probably) targeting you doesn't clear you of that, but with no double NKs (except for LoC - again probably) so far... even I wouldn't play SK in such a defensive way. I'll let you of the hook for now.

We're just at a weird point in the game. We have 1 clear action, which is to leave Johnny and OA alone.

Someone else we shouldn't let off the hook too easily is our replacement, YesNo(I'm not spelling out his full name). He could be the other imperial, and so far, he's only made a few vague posts with nothing really concrete. At some point, we need to know where he really stands if we want to get a read off him.

Firstly, you can detain me if you like, my win condition has already been met. I'll happily sit smuggly victorious in a jail cell :p

Secondly, thinking about shields and thieves.
A lot of the discussion on night 2 was based on protecting Worthy and Zubz. If (and I still think its a very outside chance) the thief did target me last night instead of them I would definitely question why?
Also where is worthy?

raindoc

[
We're just at a weird point in the game. We have 1 clear action, which is to leave Johnny and OA alone.

Someone else we shouldn't let off the hook too easily is our replacement, YesNo(I'm not spelling out his full name). He could be the other imperial, and so far, he's only made a few vague posts with nothing really concrete. At some point, we need to know where he really stands if we want to get a read off him.

agreed. we must not forget about him, but atm we probably should focus on the guys that have shown at least some activity:

Sorry I am so late today, but congrats johnny. You have my interest palmer, but I am not ready to follow you just yet, that almost got me killed yesterday.

i'm tired and it's got not much more substance than other "feels", but after escaping death only due to traube's intervention the other day, you certainly took some time to check in today.

redhood56

Banned
Welp, we might as well go 3 for 3.

My role is Ordinary Hutt

[

agreed. we must not forget about him, but atm we probably should focus on the guys that have shown at least some activity:

i'm tired and it's got not much more substance than other "feels", but after escaping death only due to traube's intervention the other day, you certainly took some time to check in today.
Actually I believe Makai had more votes than me. I had a very busy day, but yesterdays bandwagon doesn't phase me.

CzarTim

Firstly, you can detain me if you like, my win condition has already been met. I'll happily sit smuggly victorious in a jail cell :p

Secondly, thinking about shields and thieves.
A lot of the discussion on night 2 was based on protecting Worthy and Zubz. If (and I still think its a very outside chance) the thief did target me last night instead of them I would definitely question why?
Also where is worthy?

I just went back and read that part and there wasn't a consensus. Some people felt they were obvious nk targets so we shouldn't waste a shield that might not ever get used. Also zubz voted QB yesterday, so maybe Hutts inferred this meant they didn't get anything? And Worthy was in the "shielded person should claim" camp.

First of all if you did get the Shield, say you got it. Quantum obviously knows there is a thief out there and probably knows who it is. If he's telling the truth he would tell us and we would be able to block the thief, and kill them. No?

eJawa

It just feels like enough activity to not get prodded, but without ever contributing. It would also serve to semi-confirm Setre.

Not gonna lie, this hurts a bit. I may not be the most active, but I am not exactly at the bottom either. I've felt like I've explained most my votes, when I could. I definitely defended my Blarg vote, both during and after. Yesterday was a cluster and I wish I stuck with my original vote, but I didn't want to vote for anyone who role claimed that late in the day.

I also have a personal theory it may confirm. I don't have anything specific, I'm just asking that if you find him suspicious anyway, let's vote him now while we await results on OA. If you don't find him suspicious, than stick to your own guns. I don't want a bandwagon here. I could easily be wrong.

That said, I do kind of want this day to end quickly so we can get Johnny and OA resolved.

Rushing a vote based on a personal theory, without explaining it, to resolve Johnny's claim is a bad idea, especially if you need the rebels to win. We are at the stage where every vote matters, so we can't afford another throw away detain, with the hope it will give us more info. We actually have info today to base our vote on. You've had my trust until now, but maybe raindoc is onto something. I am gonna keep my creepy glowing eyes on you and if I'm detained, hopefully my fellow rebels will look more closely at those who lead it or at least joined in.

If Johnny has already won, and the game isn't continuing, why hasn't mattyg ended the game?

It doesn't make any sense for them to give us another day to vote when the game has already ended (assuming Johnny has won and the game has ended). If the game was going to end, mattyg would have ended it after the death of Quantumbro. Why continue the game if it's been beaten and has ended?

Based on that (Johnny thinks he has won and the game should have ended), I'm pretty sure there is a "hutt armourer" who counts as an armourer, against johnny's win condition, but does perform the same activities as the other two armourers. And if there is a hutt armourer, there is a greater than good chance that the hutts will kill Johnny tonight.

Unless Johnny winning doesn't end the game, in which case Johnny gets off this blasted rock, wins the game and The hutts work to kill the rest of us.

I still think it's really shitty that exmachina went berserk day1, can't blame Quantumbro, if we had had two armourers it would have been a great play.

Top Bottom