• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Makai

So if we take you at your word that means there's a power role among us who visits people at night? For what purpose? Did they give you anything?
Have you been paying attention the last two days? Rebels are losing because we are playing with our hands face up. I'm not revealing shit.

Makai was almost voted out during Day 3 (I think it was day 3, we're on 4 now right?). His defense was a "joke" post saying he was an Ordinary Hutt with a secret message when you quoted him saying he's just a regular Rebel and doesn't know jack.

Once the heat was off of him he got the Hell out of Dodge and didn't post again until the beginning of Day 4. Just seems off to me, why not chime in while that insanity was going down and cast a vote for either Barry or redhood?

Makai could have been out and away from his computer, with friends and didn't want to check the forum, or whatever. Or he could have been laying low after the heat was off so as not to draw attention back on himself. Which makes sense if he is an ordinary Rebel...or Hutt.

Anyway, that's why I chose him. My own reasoning that probably makes no since to anyone else but me.
I was at my computer, but I needed to get back to work. I had spent way too much time participating in the thread on-the-clock. I fully expected to die, so I just made a joke and gave my farewell. I don't think I would have shifted my vote if I shirked my job and kept posting. I had good reason to vote for Palmer. Redhood and Barrylocke were just last-minute scrambles.

P.S. traube jokingly claimed Hutt right before I did. Just thought that was a funny coincidence.

You were the first person to use the term 'ordinary rebel' in the thread.

Cool, I had a hunch that was it, figured after the ordinary rebel talk it would be ok to bring up now. I'd be interested to hear from Traube on it as well now, since we know he isn't an ordinary rebel the chances are that that isn't why he trusted redhood.

CzarTim

No. Guess I have to take another look. But I noticed something Zippedpinhead said. Does not necessary mean he is Empire. But it caught my attention.

Oh and btw.. The reason I noticed what redhood56 was posting was not because of my role. I asked MattyG about this exact information. Because I was not sure that he would share it with me. Hope you understand why I am telling you that. Don't want to become suspicious at some point because of a minor misunderstanding.

You could ask him the same thing, assuming we really are talking about the same information, and he should be able to confirm it.

I guess technically theres an outside chance he's not, but it's a very, very outside chance in my opinion. But he could be lying about 2 different things for 2 different reasons.

I am guessing you're wondering why the thief didn't go after a random target in hopes of finding whoever has the shield from QB. Maybe they are collecting them and distributing them amongst themselves or hoping the one who received the shield will out themselves to make an easier target, I have no idea about their motivation! But once I said I had a shield, I fully expected it not to be there long.

Palmer_v1

So makai shows activity, claims it wasnt him, but claims he is aware of who it is. That means he either has a role with a passive self detect(he claimed ordinary rebel), or he was visited by someone that leaves evidence of their visit. That rules out a doc, cop, motion detector(aside from setre). Could be a switcher in conjunction with something else.

The remaining options that we know of are the mystery messages or quantumbro. Since traube received a message, last night, im inclined to think quantum gave makai a shield or gun. A shield im not concerned about, but a gun is dangerous. Even if you assume he's town, we know that theres a thief who is probably immune, and id guess some ither nk-immune roles exist. Hes far likelier to kill a townie than a mafia.

On the other hand, he could be lying about having a role. He could be the very thief were looking for, or the mafia who sent in the kill order. How many town power roles could possibly be left? I dont think we have another cop. Our motion detector is both tracker and watcher, so i doubt we have any extras there. I kinda think we dont have a doctor based on two armorers that could have been shielding us. After 3 nights, we could have had 6 people protected. Thats already far stronger than a normal doc. We've just had bad luck with power roles self exposing or imploding.

He also had a daiy dodgy role claim yesterday that screams RNH to me.

How does everyone feel about Traube's move and claim? Anyone distrust him in particular?

CzarTim

I do not see a scenario where QB would give Mak a shield or gun last night. There were better options. Also do we really think the order of operations puts armorer before nk?

Still posting from my phone. Can you explain whats going on? I cant easily look at old posts right now.

I'm still debating what to reveal. For just now all that matters is I have a very strong reason to believe that Oceanic is lying.

I do not see a scenario where QB would give Mak a shield or gun last night. There were better options. Also do we really think the order of operations puts armorer before nk?

I've been wondering about night hierarchy as well. Like if the thief and a kill role attack a shielded player at once what happens? what happens if that shielded player also takes action?

Palmer_v1

I agree its not likely. I lean towards him lying but its hard to be sure.

I trust Johnny more than anyone else so:

vote: oceanicair

CzarTim

I just went through every role in the wiki and did not see a pro-town role that could visit a vanilla town and have them know about it that makes sense with this set up. Maybe I missed one or there is a variation role in this game.

- I do not think QB could use his role last night.
- If he could, I do not think he would have picked Mak.
- I do not think we have a 3rd armorer or another item giver.

- Messenger visited traube.

- The other roles that fit into the "notifies VT" category are so benign that I feel like we either would have seen hints of them by now or there'd be no real reason to keep quiet about it.

So my two cents are the Mak is lying, but I'd like to see other's opinions on it.

Zubz

Banned
I just went through every role in the wiki and did not see a pro-town role that could visit a vanilla town and have them know about it that makes sense with this set up. Maybe I missed one or there is a variation role in this game.

- I do not think QB could use his role last night.
- If he could, I do not think he would have picked Mak.
- I do not think we have a 3rd armorer or another item giver.

- Messenger visited traube.

- The other roles that fit into the "notifies VT" category are so benign that I feel like we either would have seen hints of them by now or there'd be no real reason to keep quiet about it.

So my two cents are the Mak is lying, but I'd like to see other's opinions on it.

When I played, we had a "Milk Maid;" the only purpose of the role is to let other players at night know that you're the Milk Maid. You can only do so to one person at a time, but it lets players know that you're Village-team. Maybe we have a Blue Milk Maid (I had to research that, so I hope it's accurate!)? It's entirely possible that the Blue Milk Maid doesn't want to out his/her self, despite having little power at this point other than letting the Hutts know that they aren't the Undercover Imperial.

As for Setre's report, one has to keep in mind that it only detects power roles; the Rebel Armorers probably would have triggered him, while the Undercover Imperials probably wouldn't. In my eyes, this means that Palmer or eJawa might be the remaining Undercover Imperial, or that Makai might not be an Ordinary Rebel. But because Makai stated that he was an Ordinary Rebel if you quoted one of his older posts, after joke-claiming Ordinary Hutt, we shouldn't've been seeing activity from him. I should've went with my gut in voting for him, but in my defense, my gut basically told me to fire wildly at all but Edge.

Makai's claim (Can I edit it so that the true role claim doesn't need to be quoted to see, Matty?):

Welp, we might as well go 3 for 3.

My role is Ordinary Hutt

Out of everyone, I'm most suspicious of Makai. And welcome, YesNOnoNOYes! What a lovely mess you've walked into.

I've got a theory going on another rebel power role, but I need to see to see if another round of flip flopping happens. I'm not so sure we have more than one other "detector" role. Pretty sure we have no "doctor" role (that would have been our armourer roles). The paired rebels make sense (especially with the paired imperials). One or two rebels with guns/shields at the start of the game makes sense, this leads me to believe that the hutts may also have had one or two "pre-loaded" roles. This is why I'm less inclined to believe that the night 1 double murder was lord of castemere vs some hutt with a gun.

With two armourers, I'm almost 100% sure that we don't have a serial killer, and this was mattyg's pretty good idea for speeding up the game (just really bad luck with a day 1 detain on one of them). I'm pretty sure that one of the hutts is also a bounty hunter (probably with 1 or 2 "shots") and their goal is to kill he person that palmer is protecting.

So it's likely that we will have mostly single kill nights, but that one or two multiple detains may occur.

Personally, My goal for the day is to only vote once, but I want to make sure that it counts.

Palmer_v1

In my eyes, this means that Palmer or eJawa might be the remaining Undercover Imperial

Seriously people, I'm neutral. I don't even mind suspicions about my specific neutral role, you'd be dumb not to doubt me to some degree. I've admitted I'm withholding some info. I could claim further, but it's not going to have much impact since my client has admitted their role already. The people that trust me will continue to trust me, and the ones that are suspicious will assume I'm lying. Regardless, I've now been confirmed through Traube, via Blarg. If you don't trust one of them, then please explain why. You and TWE have acted so fucking irrationally towards me. Is it just a grudge from TWE cause I nearly got him lynched Day 1? You gotta move the fuck on and start playing for town. Otherwise, it just feels like you two are sandbagging us.

CzarTim

When I played, we had a "Milk Maid;" the only purpose of the role is to let other players at night know that you're the Milk Maid. You can only do so to one person at a time, but it lets players know that you're Village-team. Maybe we have a Blue Milk Maid (I had to research that, so I hope it's accurate!)? It's entirely possible that the Blue Milk Maid doesn't want to out his/her self, despite having little power at this point other than letting the Hutts know that they aren't the Undercover Imperial.

Yes Friendly Neighbor is the role, and one I considered. I have 2 problems with this: Why on Earth would this person choose Mak to reveal himself to last night? Of all the people in this game, why him? Why last night? And secondly, I wouldn't consider this such an important role that we need to keep it under wraps at this point. There could be up to 3 people to confirm a townie at this point.

CzarTim

Regardless, I've now been confirmed through Traube, via Blarg. If you don't trust one of them, then please explain why.

No, sorry, but no. We are not using anonymous messages to confirm people.

Like really? We think there is a role that can get a message from the dead if they sent a message to the person the night before? How is that useful in a game where information roles seem to not be a big priority? That role is useless for all but two of the claims so far. And what are the chances that the messenger choses an information role the night before they die?

Also, once again, for that message to be true, Setre has to be lying. And no one has contradicted his claim after 3 nights. Even Mak confirmed him.

Like honestly it just seems like the Hutts trolling.

Zubz

Banned
Seriously people, I'm neutral. I don't even mind suspicions about my specific neutral role, you'd be dumb not to doubt me to some degree. I've admitted I'm withholding some info. I could claim further, but it's not going to have much impact since my client has admitted their role already. The people that trust me will continue to trust me, and the ones that are suspicious will assume I'm lying. Regardless, I've now been confirmed through Traube, via Blarg. If you don't trust one of them, then please explain why. You and TWE have acted so fucking irrationally towards me. Is it just a grudge from TWE cause I nearly got him lynched Day 1? You gotta move the fuck on and start playing for town. Otherwise, it just feels like you two are sandbagging us.

I'm sorry to have offended you. I was saying that Setre's role doesn't immediately clear anyone. Since you and eJawa were confirmed to have been inactive those nights by Setre, one might assume eJawa or yourself might be an Ordinary Rebel, since you were inactive. Undercover Imperial is a confirmed role that would both be Hutt and inactive at night, so I merely used the two confirmed-inactives as examples of why this doesn't clear anyone for being inactive so long as the UI is out there. It's why I stated that Makai could be a Rebel power role, too, which was what I wanted to build into: Some interesting, contradictory information from Setre's role. No need to fret.

Makai has claimed to be an Ordinary Rebel despite Setre saying he was active last night, should the latter be believed. That's what I wanted us to look at here, and personally, what I want to hear an explanation for.

And welcome, YesNOnoNOYes! What a lovely mess you've walked into.

what a mess, what a lovely mess!

thanks for the welcome. at this point, i want yo say that im most suspicious of makai and setre. i will return shortly when ive finished composing my thoughts into a coherent post.

we have lost soooooo many townie power roles so far and i think we should be more vigilant with our theories, guys. make our votes count from here onwards!

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
I mainly changed my vote away from Makai because I really didn't want us to go a third day of us voting for a self professed hutt. My feeling of suspicion still remained. With Setre finding suspicious activity and Makai saying he was visited (which is a good way to cover), I feel a bit more confident about him being hutt.

I'm Neutral.

I've already won.

izcOK4m.gif

Palmer_v1

What the hell? I'm so damn confused.

That is to say, if you've already won, it either means the game is over because Town and mafia can no longer win, or your win would be announced and you'd be out of the remainder of the game while the rest, while Town and Mafia also try to win.

Which of those is it?

Somebody say something! This is killing me.

haha, I posted it like that and left it because the thread was so dead I thought it might give it some life.

That is to say, if you've already won, it either means the game is over because Town and mafia can no longer win, or your win would be announced and you'd be out of the remainder of the game while the rest, while Town and Mafia also try to win.

Which of those is it?

It's the second. It will be announced at the end of the day and I'll be removed, I toyed with just waiting until then to reveal it but the day has been slow and this way you'll have something to discuss.

So.

My role was smuggler and I had the ability to swap players during the night with the aim of disrupting deliveries from armourers.
My win condition was to either disrupt enough deliveries or to outlast the armourers, and they basically did my job for me.

Honestly during the day phases I played exactly as I would if I was town, the only slight difference being that I was fairly sure Quantum really was an armourer. Part of the reason I played this way was that until today I thought I might have been able to stay in the game even after winning.

On night 1 I swapped myself and AbsoluteBro. No real ulterior motive it was mostly because I felt I was a target and chose a fairly nondescript player to hide behind.

On night 2 I swapped Palmer and Terra. Sorry Terra. You're welcome Palmer. My original plan was to swap zubz and the worthy edge because I presumed they were getting something from Quantum and I could disrupt it. czartim made a post that made me think he had a tracking role though and I was paranoid so went for 2 slightly more outside choices.

Night 3 is the interesting one. I swapped myself and OceanicAir. My reasoning was that by now I was pretty sure I just had to outlive quantum so I'd use my skill to hide at night. Oceanic claimed to have a shield so I thought there was a high chance he would be targeted by the thief and mafia wouldn't waste a kill on him, so swapping us was win-win. The thief would fail to steal a shield and if they did try to kill me, then Oceanic would still be shielded.
But Oceanic claims his shield was stolen. For that to be true the thief had to target me, and I don't think the thief would do that. They already had Oceanic claiming to have a shield, and there was a high chance one went to either zubz or worthy on night 2. With other much better options what are the chances the thief would take a gamble stealing from me?

So you have some information to work with. Go. Go. Go.

Palmer_v1

I doubt the game is over. It's usually just that he'll win along with town or mafia.

I assume he wouldn't announce this unless there was no way for him to lose any more. When that happens, their win condition is usually announced and they leave the game. Like a Neutral Survivor has to last until Day X, and as soon as they do, they're just gone.

This is making me realize it's technically possible my client is a Neutral, not a Rebel. Their role name make me fairly certain he's not a Hutt, at least.

CzarTim

On night 2 I swapped Palmer and Terra. Sorry Terra. You're welcome Palmer. My original plan was to swap zubz and the worthy edge because I presumed they were getting something from Quantum and I could disrupt it. czartim made a post that made me think he had a tracking role though and I was paranoid so went for 2 slightly more outside choices.

fuuuuuuuu

That would have made this game much easier the other way.

haha, I posted it like that and left it because the thread was so dead I thought it might give it some life.

It's the second. It will be announced at the end of the day and I'll be removed, I toyed with just waiting until then to reveal it but the day has been slow and this way you'll have something to discuss.

So.

My role was smuggler and I had the ability to swap players during the night with the aim of disrupting deliveries from armourers.
My win condition was to either disrupt enough deliveries or to outlast the armourers, and they basically did my job for me.

Honestly during the day phases I played exactly as I would if I was town, the only slight difference being that I was fairly sure Quantum really was an armourer. Part of the reason I played this way was that until today I thought I might have been able to stay in the game even after winning.

On night 1 I swapped myself and AbsoluteBro. No real ulterior motive it was mostly because I felt I was a target and chose a fairly nondescript player to hide behind.

Night 3 is the interesting one. I swapped myself and OceanicAir. My reasoning was that by now I was pretty sure I just had to outlive quantum so I'd use my skill to hide at night. Oceanic claimed to have a shield so I thought there was a high chance he would be targeted by the thief and mafia wouldn't waste a kill on him, so swapping us was win-win. The thief would fail to steal a shield and if they did try to kill me, then Oceanic would still be shielded.
But Oceanic claims his shield was stolen. For that to be true the thief had to target me, and I don't think the thief would do that. They already had Oceanic claiming to have a shield, and there was a high chance one went to either zubz or worthy on night 2. With other much better options what are the chances the thief would take a gamble stealing from me?

Gosh. First, grats on winning... Though our two armourers seemed to have done that job much easier for you.

Second, thanks for all these info!

Third, Oceanic, can you explain yourself following Johnny's information??? >:O

CzarTim

I initially thought Johnny was saying the thief hit him last night, and I was trying to think if 2 thieves made sense. But 1 thief and a smuggler makes sense too.

Palmer_v1

So.

I just checked my role PM to be sure about my client, and it actually says their faction has to win, so I think that eliminates Neutrals.

Anyway, nice job Johnny. You got a bit lucky that our armorers were fairly self-destructive. It's funny that you swapped me N2, cause I used my role that night to protect myself as well. I felt like my client was safe enough that I might get targeted. in a weird way, you caused an extra death! I appreciate the coverage though.

I assume your swap works like Magical Entertainer did last game, in that it takes place before anything else, so there's no chance the thief got his shield first. There's a chance he was just bluffing to draw the thief's attention though. They would send a thief after him, while a watcher would hopefully catch the specific person.

I'm keeping my vote on him for now.

I assume your swap works like Magical Entertainer did last game, in that it takes place before anything else, so there's no chance the thief got his shield first. There's a chance he was just bluffing to draw the thief's attention though. They would send a thief after him, while a watcher would hopefully catch the specific person.

I'm keeping my vote on him for now.

Yup, I confirmed that all actions that would take place at night will be swapped.

My thought was that he was either lying outright about his role or he thought that after his roleclaim he could lie about being robbed while still having a shield.

Either way he's probably lying about something, either his role, or his confirmation of a thief.

Palmer_v1

So you're all going to think I'm insane, but I need us to Detain eJawa to prove a theory I have that might point to several more Hutts.

For Oceanic Air, I think we're okay leaving him alone temporarily. I don't think he's a hutt power role. At worst, he's a Paranoid Hutt and just changed his flavor text quickly to avoid detainment yesterday. At best, he's town-aligned and was bluffing.

Detain: eJawa

eJawa

Well this day turned interesting fast. Not looking good for OceanicAir. I may have been on the right track yesterday, but let the craziness sway me too much. Now I'm leaning more towards OceanicAir than Makai.

CzarTim

So you're all going to think I'm insane, but I need us to Detain eJawa to prove a theory I have that might point to several more Hutts.

For Oceanic Air, I think we're okay leaving him alone temporarily. I don't think he's a hutt power role. At worst, he's a Paranoid Hutt and just changed his flavor text quickly to avoid detainment yesterday. At best, he's town-aligned and was bluffing.

Detain: eJawa

I was going to come in today with an ejawa push but then all the mak / oa stuff happened. But I think we need to do OA today to test this.

Palmer_v1

Oh, and will you fucks finally trust me now that I've beena actively targeted by the fucking Hutts?

Also yes, I have a power that lets me protect my client and myself. I'm not disclosing specifics. I didn't use it on N1 cause I knew I was a likely target for info roles, and felt relatively safe from killing actions. I did use it on N2.

eJawa

I appreciate the attention and understand why anyone would suspect me, but it would be a mistake. I'm not a hutt. Just have poor judgment of character.

eJawa

Oh, and will you fucks finally trust me now that I've beena actively targeted by the fucking Hutts?

Also yes, I have a power that lets me protect my client and myself. I'm not disclosing specifics. I didn't use it on N1 cause I knew I was a likely target for info roles, and felt relatively safe from killing actions. I did use it on N2.

Hey, I've trusted you since you came out as neutral!

Palmer_v1

I was going to come in today with an ejawa push but then all the mak / oa stuff happened. But I think we need to do OA today to test this.

If we're going after OA today, can we get it done quickly? Seems like OA, eJawa, and Makai are the ones being bandied. I'd also add in any of the low activity posters like Matt Attack, and Zipped.

Vote: OceanicAir

He's probably not going to have a verifiable defense. Do we believe him if he goes with the bluffing route?

CzarTim

If we're going after OA today, can we get it done quickly? Seems like OA, eJawa, and Makai are the ones being bandied. I'd also add in any of the low activity posters like Matt Attack, and Zipped.

He's probably not going to have a verifiable defense. Do we believe him if he goes with the bluffing route?

Yeah okay

Palmer, I believe you now!

I would prefer that Oceanic is given some time to explain himself first but at this stage, it's as Johnny said, he's definitely lying about something.

Palmer_v1

There are 16 players alive, including johnny. Majority is 9.

If johnny no longer counts, and I don't think he does, we need 8 for a majority.

Top Bottom