• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Zatoth

Oh and @OceanicAir: Last day I thought his role claim seemed sincere.

But after some thinking there is good chance he is the Thief. Would explain why he has a shield.

raindoc

Vote: Palmer_v1

I am following raindoc for once. At least he can't blame me for this mess tomorrow.

OVERRIDE: Barry

Due to Traube's override ability, Barrylocke, the Ordinary Rebel was lynched.

TLfEAfB.jpg

raindoc

Mafia are assholes. Should have mercy killed raindoc.

RIP QB.

that's what you get for your aggressive play style, forcing role claims on days 1-2.

raindoc is Palmer's lynchee...or at least who Palmer wants us to think is his lynchee.

hmm. that "keep your head down and you'll survive this" post did confuse me a bit... but I still don't trust him. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Zatoth

Just noticed there is more to the message:
"Anyone who gets my message and dies on same day can send ME message next day // BLARG: Palmer is neutral"

Don't think it is really helping us.

CzarTim

i don't get it - are they trying to make us lynch traube or palmer?

Setre. If blarg investigated Palmer night one Setre has to be lying about his role.

If someone wants to come forward and claim the message power so we can hold someone accountable, I'll buy it.

Speaking of, Setre who did you look at last night?

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
Sorry I didnt trust you Barry. I also had suspicions for QB, so... I'm not looking too good.

I'm hiking with family today, so I won't be able to post a whole lot. When i can, I'll look through last night's craziness and see if anything jumps out as a red flag.

Setre. If blarg investigated Palmer night one Setre has to be lying about his role.

If someone wants to come forward and claim the message power so we can hold someone accountable, I'll buy it.

Ooooooh. I get it now. That's super devious. Just thinking out loud here... there are two possible truths:

1. the message is LYING -> Setre is NOT lying and Palmer is Hutt-aligned.
2. the message is TRUE -> Setre is LYING and Palmer is Neutral.

Am I deducting it right?

Personally, I think maybe we can't trust this message, so Palmer has just gotten more suspicious in my book.

Palmer_v1

Ah, seems like maybe someone can talk to the dead? Interesting. Its too bad he didnt communicate something we didnt know. His report from that night would have been useful.

raindoc

Ah, seems like maybe someone can talk to the dead? Interesting. Its too bad he didnt communicate something we didnt know. His report from that night would have been useful.
maybe he did, but the "medium" didn't get it - after all it's Blargh we're talking about.

Can someone link to Setre's post about his activities? It's a pain to look for on mobile...

Setre

Who I investigated performed some suspicious activity during the Night. If you guys want me to go ahead and say who I will but if you want me to hold off for a couple IRL days I'll do that too.

Just noticed there is more to the message:
"Anyone who gets my message and dies on same day can send ME message next day // BLARG: Palmer is neutral"

Don't think it is really helping us.

oh, wait a minute. after rereading the message a few times, i think traube is right and the message doesn't actually mean anything since we already know that palmer claims he is a neutral.

parsing the message, i think the first part of the message is only an explanation of the mechanic of the delivery of the message, i.e. the "Anyone who gets my message and dies on same day can send ME message next day" can be disregarded.

that leaves the message only as blarg's declaration that palmer is neutral.... which we already knew.

so it doesnt even actually insinuate on setre ...

typing things out help me think things through. sorry for the multiple posts!

im on mobile as well right now, but im trying to go back and scour the thread for setre's posts. its a bit of a pain though.

CzarTim

Who I investigated performed some suspicious activity during the Night. If you guys want me to go ahead and say who I will but if you want me to hold off for a couple IRL days I'll do that too.

Are you sure they performed it? Remember your role triggers both ways. Did the PM specify they performed it?

Makai

Tell us now. I still don't trust you and it is easier for you craft a story if you wait for everybody to report what happened to them at night.

CzarTim

Ooooooh. I get it now. That's super devious. Just thinking out loud here... there are two possible truths:

1. the message is LYING -> Setre is NOT lying and Palmer is Hutt-aligned.
2. the message is TRUE -> Setre is LYING and Palmer is Neutral.

Am I deducting it right?

Personally, I think maybe we can't trust this message, so Palmer has just gotten more suspicious in my book.
oh, wait a minute. after rereading the message a few times, i think traube is right and the message doesn't actually mean anything since we already know that palmer claims he is a neutral.

parsing the message, i think the first part of the message is only an explanation of the mechanic of the delivery of the message, i.e. the "Anyone who gets my message and dies on same day can send ME message next day" can be disregarded.

that leaves the message only as blarg's declaration that palmer is neutral.... which we already knew.

so it doesnt even actually insinuate on setre ...

typing things out help me think things through. sorry for the multiple posts!

im on mobile as well right now, but im trying to go back and scour the thread for setre's posts. its a bit of a pain though.

Setre's role sees if his target performs an action or if someone performs an action on them, but not who else was involved or what the actions were. Setre checked Palmer night one and claimed no activity. The message is implying blarg looked at Palmer night one, which contradicts Setre's claim. You are right about 2, but 1 does not necessarily mean Palmer is a Hutt.

CzarTim

Setre's role sees if his target performs an action or if someone performs an action on them, but not who else was involved or what the actions were. Setre checked Palmer night one and claimed no activity. The message is implying blarg looked at Palmer night one, which contradicts Setre's claim. You are right about 2, but 1 does not necessarily mean Palmer is a Hutt.

Or the message is telling the truth, but blarg is continuing to ruin this game from beyond the grave.

Setre

Hold off just a tad so we can get more input, but if you looked at any of these people I don't think there's a reason to hold back:

Redhood56
CzarTim
Zippedpinhead
Makai

Tell us now. I still don't trust you and it is easier for you craft a story if you wait for everybody to report what happened to them at night.

Okie Dokie!

I investigated Makai and observed suspicious activity. :)

Say who! I want to know as well! There is no reason to put off telling us!

Palmer_v1

I cant confirm if i was investigated night 1 by blarg. My inclination is to say no because he never did anything to call me out during the day. He might have just trusted me based on my how i've been playing pro-town though. As for why that would be his mesage now, im not sure. Maybe hes just confirming im not a hutt for those that questioned it.

This all assumes we trust traube, but it is the third person thats gotten a message.

As for setre, i dunno. If its useful info and you die tonight, we've wasted an opportunity. I Would say to do it if it was anyone who has claimed not to have a role.

raindoc

So if we take you at your word that means there's a power role among us who visits people at night? For what purpose? Did they give you anything?

Hang on a sec - assuming Makai isn't lying and there's another power role out there that is pro town, would we want the Hutts to know?

Makai, don't post anything for now - We need more opinions here, where is everyone?

redhood56

Banned
Hang on a sec - assuming Makai isn't lying and there's another power role out there that is pro town, would we want the Hutts to know?

Makai, don't post anything for now - We need more opinions here, where is everyone?
Well the hutts already know who visited makai last night. Setre said they did.

Oh and @OceanicAir: Last day I thought his role claim seemed sincere.

But after some thinking there is good chance he is the Thief. Would explain why he has a shield.

Oh for God's sake traube! There's a good chance anybody could be the thief, well, besides you since we've already seen yours :(. Besides why would I bother to have the person who received the shield keep it to themselves in all of the chaos if I was the thief? I told you, I came here with a shield and I can also confirm that there is a thief around since (surprise, surprise!) it was stolen.

Zatoth

Oh for God's sake traube! There's a good chance anybody could be the thief, well, besides you since we've already seen yours :(. Besides why would I bother to have the person who received the shield keep it to themselves in all of the chaos if I was the thief? I told you, I came here with a shield and I can also confirm that there is a thief around since (surprise, surprise!) it was stolen.

Sorry. But the only we to get me of your back is to detain me. ;)

I just wanted to point out that you could be lying about it. Probably will not vote for you today.

Yup, I wouldn't post anything further at this point. It might need to come out later but forcing more role claims, or revealing strengths/weaknesses isn't smart right now.

Makai is an interesting choice both to monitor and to receive another visitor though.

Setre why did you choose him?

To me, it being stolen is a HUGE surprise. You're lying.

Zatoth

Sorry. But how does your Power work again, Setre? Do you see if one or more players are targeting another player (the one you are targeting) or do you see if a player (the one you are targeting) uses an action?

Setre

I'm not asking him to tell us the person just why they visited him. Even if he tells us why the person visited him doesn't matter, how are the Hutts going to figure out who it was by that?

But I agree, let's wait for more people to chime and see.

Makai is an interesting choice both to monitor and to receive another visitor though.

Setre why did you choose him?

Makai was almost voted out during Day 3 (I think it was day 3, we're on 4 now right?). His defense was a "joke" post saying he was an Ordinary Hutt with a secret message when you quoted him saying he's just a regular Rebel and doesn't know jack.

Once the heat was off of him he got the Hell out of Dodge and didn't post again until the beginning of Day 4. Just seems off to me, why not chime in while that insanity was going down and cast a vote for either Barry or redhood?

Makai could have been out and away from his computer, with friends and didn't want to check the forum, or whatever. Or he could have been laying low after the heat was off so as not to draw attention back on himself. Which makes sense if he is an ordinary Rebel...or Hutt.

Anyway, that's why I chose him. My own reasoning that probably makes no since to anyone else but me.

MattyG

Banned
Some of you may have seen this in the Animal Crossing thread, but I'm going to steal adopt Kark's policy from here on out. Last round we had some late votes and I allowed it due to certain circumstances, but from now on, this is how I'm doing it;

I'd also like to clarify something about the time limit and votes:

I will count any votes up to the buzzer, but not after - and I use GAF's timestamp on the posts.

So last voting round ended at 2:00PM - I counted some votes that show on the post they were submitted at 2:00PM on the dot, but I can't count votes on 2:01 or after.

Obviously, convert the hour mark to your proper timezone (GAF probably does it automatically), but we'll use the minute mark on GAF posts as the objective measure.

Setre

Sorry. But how does your Power work again, Setre? Do you see if one or more players are targeting another player (the one you are targeting) or do you see if a player (the one you are targeting) uses an action?

I pick someone to Observe during the night. I get a message back saying there was, or wasn't suspicious activity.

Hmm...

Now that I'm looking at my PMs, and this may mean nothing, the messages for Palmer and eJawa are slightly different.

For Palmer I got:

No suspicious activity.

For eJawa I got:

No suspicious activity from eJawa.

Don't know if this means anything or not. I'm assuming it doesn't and MattyG changed his mind on how he wanted to present me my information.

For Makai:

Observed suspicious activity.

More like the Palmer report, doesn't mention Makai by name.

CzarTim

I pick someone to Observe during the night. I get a message back saying there was, or wasn't suspicious activity.

Hmm...

Now that I'm looking at my PMs, and this may mean nothing, the messages for Palmer and eJawa are slightly different.

For Palmer I got:

No suspicious activity.

For eJawa I got:

No suspicious activity from eJawa.

Don't know if this means anything or not. I'm assuming it doesn't and MattyG changed his mind on how he wanted to present me my information.

For Makai:

Observed suspicious activity.

More like the Palmer report, doesn't mention Makai by name.

Please clarify if this was intentional or accidental with Matty.

Top Bottom