• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There was a Tumblr-Con this weekend. It ended in disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risible

767130.png

Not the ball pit that DashCon needed, but the ball pit it deserved.

Yeah, I found out about this earlier today. What an embarrassment on every level. The people running it and the ones attending it were both confused kids who have no idea what to do with themselves or the thing they're involved in.

AlexMogil

So this is what happens when faced with public interaction that isn't shielded by the safety of a computer screen where you can shame and ban those who disagree with you.

Or: if you don't live in the real world you don't know how it works.

my gf and I have been having the best of times reading about dashcon....and some tumblr users actually don't believe it's a scam, and are pissed that they didn't raise the $17,000 to save this pos haha

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So this is what happens when faced with public interaction that isn't shielded by the safety of a computer screen where you can shame and ban those who disagree with you.

Or: if you don't live in the real world you don't know how it works.

Nah they just got scammed

More like: In order to run a convention you have to at least *try* while not being a terrible scamming human in the first place.

Yeah, it's not uncommon to see a crappy con kinda go to pieces because the well-meaning organizers don't know what they're doing. That's clearly not what this is.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Lord have mercy!
I cringed so hard I may have broken something, I hope you have insurance to cover me OP! :p

I've been to one, and ONLY ONE convention in my life. My friend dragged me to go cuz she was able to sneak the two of us in for free, and there was an actress from my favorite show Battlestar Galactica there. Well, by the time we showed up, the actress was LONG gone (smart lady) and all we were left with was the stench of stale sweat and a large room full of my city's most attractive :/ When I saw the guy dressed as his version of Batman, which included a mask, bat ears, boots, and nothing else but white briefs with a shit stain going up the back, I turned to my girl and said it was time to go.

Back-away-slowly.gif

I feel bad saying this because I'm obviously not some ultra cool hip budding socialite but the embarrassment I feel watching this just makes me so uncomfortable I have to turn it off.

I was amazed when someone in this thread commented on something that happens almost four minutes into the video

How could anybody watch that for four minutes

I feel bad saying this because I'm obviously not some ultra cool hip budding socialite but the embarrassment I feel watching this just makes me so uncomfortable I have to turn it off.

Don't feel bad I had to watch in minute chunks to actually make it through it.

Insane story, I look forward to seeing how crazy this story will get before it's over, this can't be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom