• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall retail screencaps (XB1) show 792p resolution? CBoaT ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foffy

Banned
For those who have seen Titanfall, are they all legally blind? How does this game keep looking worse and worse?

You said it yourself,you are getting it for 360. Clearly not enough reason to get the xbox one for you. What makes you think that is where their friends are when the installed base is very small. Chances are most are still on their 360 or maybe even on PS4 since i saw many former 360 guys go to PS4. I know xbox one can do better,it's probably time that got in the way but it is what it is.
I would buy a Xbox One just to play Titanfall (of course there's lots of other great games there) with my friends if I actually had the money for it. Unfortunately I don't.

Sucks to be an uni student.

Killzone-Mercenary-Gets-Screenshots-and-Cover-Art-11.jpg

For comparison's sake, this is a handheld game.

KZ:Mercenary's looked so good.

These look like 360 screenshots. Why can't the Bone run this @ 1080p/60fps ? Kinda sad really.

It may look like shit but I want to play it. It looks fun as hell.

Eoin

For those who have seen Titanfall, are they all legally blind? How does this game keep looking worse and worse?
The people who have been playing it in the OT, have been saying it looks the same/slightly better, so I'm guessing these are just terrible screens.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
On the third day, CBOAT will return.

I'm not out for blood, I appreciate insider posts and don't expect a 100% hit rate, but I'd still appreciate an explanation from him for why he doubled down on the textures issue after the beta.

harSon

Banned
Definitely fair. I'm down for a free market/invisible hand approach for insiders. They fuck up enough times, their credibility takes a hit and people are less likely to buy into their information in the future. They knock it out of the park, then their word becomes gospel.

Although a 72 hour ban is probably more of a gesture than an actual punishment considering he rarely posts as it is :p

To be honest, the ban is of irrelevant in the long run if temporary.

All this has done is negatively effect an otherwise great leaker's reputation.

If, from now on, all of his #truthfacts are taken with a very large dose of salt, then there really is no problem :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hahaha.

Ouch.

To be fair, Mercenary is the work of magic and the best looking handheld title in existence.

But still, point made.
Mercenary looks incredible. This seems like one of the greatest technical achievements in recent years if this runs at a steady FPS.

Taking an otherwise exemplary track record into account...

720p = 72 hr ban seems fair.
That's like the average time inbetween when he checks GAF, let alone posts lol Seems kind of pointless.

What about alpha textures and party chat? You've banned others for way longer for much less. You're going soft on CBoaT.
He's also let others continue freely for doing much worse; see pretty much anything Penello ever posted pre launch.

Of all the things for CBOAT to double down on though, this was the stupidest. We knew they weren't using alpha textures from the beta, the whole situation is just so weird.

Brannon

All this drama for a 3 day ban?

Goddamn it GAF.

Goddamn it. (Y'all made it seem like he was gonna get the perma, good that this is not the case :p)

i-Lo

Game definitely looks next gen in motion. Upscaler works like a dream and Xbone version preorders has made it abundantly clear that resolution matters not to said buyers.

Sydle

The screencaps make the game look ugly. It looks so better in motion. I wish I weren't rubbish with online FPS.

From a graphical point of view this game is butt ugly. I have no idea why they only could achieved 792p + tearing.

And come one guys, CBOAT is one of the good guys.

I thought so at one time, but every leak of his was a negative for Xbox One. He promised an ass storm for Xbox One launch and it never came. His claims about Titanfall were just absurd given what Respawn were saying and yet he continued to stir the pot. It became abundantly clear he had an agenda. I hope when he returns he can mix up the leaks, maybe with some positive stuff, and be a little more selective about what's likely to have an impact and what's better left unsaid.

Amir0x

Banned
Given CBOAT's past track record, I think it's fair the ban is more lenient than normal.

That said, I really wonder what happened with this news he was fed. It's so bizarre how positive he was on this score. Very uncharacteristic.

As for Penello, he left of his own accord and he's not coming back by all accounts. Everyone knows him for what he is. Not sure what a ban would do

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Given CBOAT's past track record, I think it's fair the ban is more lenient than normal.

That said, I really wonder what happened with this news he was fed. It's so bizarre how positive he was on this score. Very uncharacteristic.

As for Penello, he left of his own accord and he's not coming back by all accounts. Everyone knows him for what he is. Not sure what a ban would do

He did pop in for a bit to try to clarify the shitty press release concerning the XBO headphone adaptor. Another clusterfuck of just misunderstanding on everyone's part.

JCizzle

Definitely fair. I'm down for a free market/invisible hand approach for insiders. They fuck up enough times, their credibility takes a hit and people are less likely to buy into their information in the future. They knock it out of the park, then their word becomes gospel.

Although a 72 hour ban is probably more of a gesture than an actual punishment considering he rarely posts as it is :p

Yep, the hit to his credibility is more impactful than any temp ban. Doubled down on a lot of stuff about Microsoft's biggest game and whiffed on almost all of it from the looks of things. I will definitely view things in a much more skeptical light moving forward.

Is everyone that is pointing and saying how terrible Titanfall looks not going to play it? I hope all our "gameplay>>>graphics" mentalities haven't been compromised cause this game is too much fun to miss out on, I know at exactly 9pm PST I will be glued to my PC ready to go.

Vashetti

Banned

It gives the direct message that he is not welcome here and we are not here to listen to his lies.

He has posted since the XB1 launch but only to clarify information regarding the XB1 headset adapter.

Wow some of you are so stupid. Cboat specifically said it's NOT 792p, but 720p and this was after the beta. So don't say "oh he was only off by 72p". He's wrong, you're wrong, time to drop the banhammer.

Edit: Lmfao at "exemplary"

Safe to assume you were not a member during the lead up to the Xbox 360 reveal, where CBOAT nailed nearly all his predictions about the system. He was one of the major players revealing information about the 360 you couldn't get anywhere else.

So to laugh at his track record, which has been very very solid, would be ignorant just because he has missed a few this gen. Some of the misses could easily have been simply mistakes, like thinking Master Chief in a potato sack could have been Prince of Persia, which he apologized for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom