• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall retail screencaps (XB1) show 792p resolution? CBoaT ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Cboat was banned out of principle, rather than his actions. If that makes any sense. I'm assuming his track record is what saved him a permaban.

Chaos17

Why are we banning him because it ended up being better then what he said? Its a bad thing for it to be a higher resolution then what was stated?
Because people, though he was the messiah and a messiah should not make mistakes and always speak the truth for them?
Dunmo, I can't read minds, lol.

Anyway, I hope to read again his info in the futur :)

Finalizer

Taking an otherwise exemplary track record into account...

720p = 72 hr ban seems fair.

Good to see he's not totally gone, though I still wonder if the account hasn't simply been compromised or some such. I just can't understand why he was so adamant about his points when they were already demonstrably false.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I hate that it feels if they went with 792p just to escape being labeled as a 720p title. They would have been better off a 720 visually speaking. Oddball resolutions look worse on fixed pixel displays.

Timu

If you're planning to play the game windowboxed on a 1080p display, it'll look a lot better, yes. You'll just need to sit closer!
The game doesn't seen to upscale well at all if these 1080p pics in the OP are any indication.D=

Gestault

CBOAT pissed in a lot of xbox fans cereals over the course of last year. Now some of them see an opening and are out for blood.

So...do you mean Bish? I think most people are rightfully annoyed by bad info getting credibility anywhere, and having that clearly bad info doubled down on (and it being brought up in the first place) as part of a pointless argument. Cboat brought up the "Titanfall can only do chat through an isolated, in-game system" thing the same day they demonstrated the universal chat update used with Titanfall. We have moderators that had already seen the increase in textures from alpha to beta, and there was a statement from Respawn within a day calling out the bad resolution info from Cboat.

Being fed up with that sort of "leak" has nothing to do with factionalism. It's retaining credibility. It's the whole reason insiders are vetted on Neogaf in the first place. I don't think a permaban would be necessary, but at least something to call it out.

I'm not a graphics whore or anything but I would have thought this game would look better on the Xbone. It looks like a 360 game.

Although these shots from the PC version has some nice bg details

fFGAoua.png

And are they showing PC screens at a lower resolution so that the Xbone version doesn't look way worse in comparison? What's up with the aliasing in these

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
His biggest "loss" isn't the ability to post, anyway, it's his credibility which went down to normal levels. As I said, I appreciate insiders and don't expect 100% hit rate, but it would be nice to get explanations after the fact on why somebody thought that his info was correct and why he thinks that it turned out to be incorrect. Otherwise, you are only left with the person's track record, and while it still is exceptional, it got some pretty big hits lately.
I'm eagerly awaiting a 500 word cboat-speak explanation after his ban expires.

Aces&Eights

You don't have to purposely fuck up to get banned people. Come on. Anyone can request to have their account be closed if that's their wish.

This. Shinobi asked for his account to be closed and it was. Why would CBOAT do it this way? Ending it all and leaving his name forever tarnished? I'm in the "He was sniffed out and caught" camp. Whoever posted the double down under his name was not CBOAT.

It truly is nothing special to look at, but this is one of those cases of gameplay propping up a game. I haven't had as much fun with an FPS, as I did with Titanfall in a loooong time. I also have BF4 on PC, and while that game is great to look at, I didn't find it as enjoyable as the Titanfall Beta on PC.

1080p really did help make the game easy to look at though. My IQ was good, and texture quality was my only real complaint.

Thats great to know since I'm going the PC route with it. BF4 still has its claws pretty firm in me so it will be interesting to see if I get the Titanfall fever.

esterk

72 hours seems fine. I would hate to see boat go (c whut I did thar), because even though he was wrong he pretty consistently provides good insider info. Having something like that Leanne's from GAF would make a lot of discussions, good or bad, not exist.

Not that I personally care, but it is a bit pointless giving CBOAT a 3 day ban when he barely posts anyway.

Still, Im glad people frothing at the mouth for his head didn't get their way.

I think dude should be more careful what he posts though, he does come across like he is spread FUD sometimes.

OT:- I knew that that "Up to 900p" claim was absolute bullshit. 792p is no great leap from 720p and its funny as some have pointed out that this is some "Victory".

To be fair he didnt say they wouldn't give a power advantage,he said a 30%+ advantage. The rest are bs though.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80976649&postcount=718

2. If it comes out after we launch that the difference between 3rd party games is maybe single-digit FPS between the two platforms, will I get an apology or concession?

The last line from that post was my favourite bit though. He mislead people into believing the difference in power would be much, much smaller.

Ontopic, what is going on with those pictures in the OP? No way are those direct feed, they look like shit.

This is the strangest thread ever.

Dude said 720p, its 792p......

Either I'm missing something or gaf is getting a little scary with all this resolution/graphics nonsense.

Just seems really weird, its not like its ever been anything more than "rumors". I feel like we're just gonna get into a boywhocriedwolf situation where he stops leaking the real stuff because we don't believe him when he fouls up every once in awhile.

B3N1

The ass storm continues.

ibgLSGWXfV5iQV.gif

On topic: Wasn't sure whether to expect a resolution upgrade at all, to be quite honest. Not really any of my concern, though, since I'll go PC when I do wind up getting the game.

As someone who saw this constantly for 4 years and knows the whole intro back and forth:

BEST GIF EVER

I died at "is that bish again?"

I'm not a graphics whore or anything but I would have thought this game would look better on the Xbone. It looks like a 360 game.

Although this shot from the PC version has some nice bg details

And are they showing PC screens at a lower resolution so that the Xbone version doesn't look way worse in comparison? What's up with this

Isn't that a static skybox though? With some low poly waterfall effects added on top. It could be more complicated than that, but the foliage at least looks much nicer than the nearby stuff o_O

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Lol? I can't even fathom how you came to that conclusion... No I mean juniors who are here for 4 months and are calling for the banhammer to drop on someone who has a trackrecord of 9 years...
Three guesses as to why ;)

Well while we're here, here's 150 screenshots of the PC Titanfall retail version: http://imgur.com/a/SodOi
Thanks for this. Nice to see the level of detail I'll be playing at just a few days. I'm surprised at how much I miss the Beta...

Well while we're here, here's 150 screenshots of the PC Titanfall retail version: http://imgur.com/a/SodOi

It looks like if you took a Vita game and bumped up the res and put it on your TV.

Thanks for this. Nice to see the level of detail I'll be playing at just a few days. I'm surprised at how much I miss the Beta...

Every time I see more on this game I think man I am not going to like this. The videos and of course screens really do nothing for me, but too many people are giving it high praise that have opinions I trust for me to not try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom