• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall retail screencaps (XB1) show 792p resolution? CBoaT ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugeezer

I'm glad Cboat is not perm'd, but now I will have to question whatever Cboat says.

As for Titanfall, it's not the prettiest game, some parts are aesthetically nice looking though.

I tend to agree with you, but bish has responded to me saying this exact thing before and says he wants to hold people accountable for the information. Which is also understandable.

That said, I wish there was some way for him to stay. He has been awesome with some things in the past.

72 hours is hardly being held accountable.

Cipherr

This.

Wasn't cboat one of the first insiders talking about Xbox 360?

I agree too. Has been right on about as many things as wrong, maybe even moreso. Theres no denying he has been right very often.

Feels like he is feeling a burn for getting in between fans on a console launch. AFAIK his track record was never perfect, but this time... hmmm..

Footos22

Bruce, it's incredibly fun to play. You need to give it a shot.

Jesus Christ

I second this. I think the game looks like shit but as soon as you play it you really don't care. There's so much shit going on you haven't got a chance to sit there and think about that. Has made me want an Xbox.one. Unfortunately it won't be for a couple more months.

Gestault

Lol? No I mean juniors who are here for 4 months and are calling for the banhammer to drop on someone who has a trackrecord of 9 years...

I think I explained what I meant well. If you're using unreasonable people to calibrate your reaction to something, you're going to have a hard time staying reasonable yourself. I pointed out Bish because he was someone who isn't motivated by factionalism who thought it was enough of a problem to make a statement. It wouldn't matter if someone were annoyed by bad info about something because they like it, we shouldn't legitimize stubbornly bad info.

Dlacy13g

CBOAT gets slap on the wrist (per Bish UPDATE) and we move on. No way was GAF going to perma ban him. However, CBOAT was the one who put his/her name on the line by sticking to 720p & Alpha texture. Just seems like anyone else on GAF who would pull that would be gone.

Nothing... he stated some facts about xbone hardware which were true, and microsoft's belief that those details would mitigate Sony's performance advantage which was wrong. People just have some sort of derangement syndrome about his posts. They also claim he lied about the reasons for the tier 2 delay, but that is just based on... cboat

You serious? Because i cant tell at this point.

azhar

Banned
72 hours seems like a good choice. Might give Cboat an urge to reestablish himself as the preeminent GAF insider... we might see some crazy leaks coming out, that would be great.

Taking an otherwise exemplary track record into account...

720p = 72 hr ban seems fair.

Awh. Right on, brother!

UzPpJO6.gif

Taking an otherwise exemplary track record into account...

720p = 72 hr ban seems fair.

I think it does not even matter to CBOAT, he doesn't even post here that often.

But to make a point made by the mod, I think this is fair.

I would still like to hear what CBOAT has to say about all this and why he was so adamant about it.

Bruce, it's incredibly fun to play. You need to give it a shot.

Jesus Christ

I second this. I think the game looks like shit but as soon as you play it you really don't care. There's so much shit going on you haven't got a chance to sit there and think about that. Has made me want an Xbox.one. Unfortunately it won't be for a couple more months.

Oh I will. With you guys getting your panties all twisted up I can't miss out.

Hexa

The 360 version is 600p and they are trying to get as much distance as they can from that number.

Is that confirmed? What if Blue Point who are technical geniuses managed to get it working at 720p with alpha textures and low settings? /conspiracy

It's a warning ban. You can be held accountable without being perma'd. Also he posts infrequently enough that there isn't an effective difference between a 3 day or 3 month ban. He's been warned either way.

Yeah there is. Let him miss E3 - that would be being held accountable.

CBOAT gets slap on the wrist (per Bish UPDATE) and we move on. No way was GAF going to perma ban him. However, CBOAT was the one who put his/her name on the line by sticking to 720p & Alpha texture. Just seems like anyone else on GAF who would pull that would be gone.

CBOAT had a pretty good track record up until November. The discussion of yield issues, plus some technically issue with the Xbone he was concerned about never came to fruition. Now we have claims of party system problems, alpha texture and resolution that have all appear to be false as well.

The 72 hour ban seems rather pointless. CBOAT doesn't post that often so this seems more like a symbolic punishment than anything else.

Still, I'd give him or her another chance.

What worries me more is that some people on GAF seem to hold him in high, heroic, regard. People need to remember that these insiders and other members on GAF who work in the industry all have their own agendas. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and all the devs and publishers who post here all have an agenda.

Did we ever take in account that CBOAT may have been right when he received his info? Upon leaking the information online, Respawn and Microsoft went into a scramble to fix the backlash from online. This would explain the odd jump of 72P. It might be the limit on what the Xbox One can achieve while upping the textures and keeping a frame rate of 60FPS. Just a thought...

Chobel

Yes, that's what I've been saying.

While 720p isn't a perfect scale, it makes more sense than 792p which does not scale well at all.

A normal TV/monitor can't scale it well, however maybe Xbone upscaler can scale it well and that's why Respawn choose this weird resolution.

Alienous

I think it does not even matter to CBOAT, he doesn't even post here that often.

But to make a point made by the mod, I think this is fair.

I would still like to hear what CBOAT has to say about all this and why he was so adamant about it.

I say he was smoked out. Betrayed by his own informants.

Does GAF own the movie rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom