• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall retail screencaps (XB1) show 792p resolution? CBoaT ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly...? People are willing to ban CBoat over 72p? Is this real life?

If someone like cboat kept giving out false info it can hurt the game, the developer, their plans, plus cause false info to spread and it just looks silly after a while.

Also if cboat is going as far as to talk in alien english to get the info across and it's becoming more wrong then right, and he says to take his word on it, nope.

EL CUCO

Maybe if he wouldn't have made it public, they would've dropped to 720.

I'm sure Respawn/MS made it a case to make the buttocks look dirty.

Pics_nao

The ass storm continues.

On topic: Wasn't sure whether to expect a resolution upgrade at all, to be quite honest. Not really any of my concern, though, since I'll go PC when I do wind up getting the game.

/dead

Edit: Okay no clue what the hell happened but Burn Notice gif is too good

Chobel

The ban isn't because he messed up, the ban is because he messed up and continued to double down on what he said even though he was proved wrong (Alpha texture on final build)

RIP sweet buttocks

I wonder who'll be replacing him as our number one insider. And man, the game is looking ugly as hell there. Hopefully some downsampling and texture packs will clean it up on PC.

harSon

Banned
If those are legitimate direct feed screenshots, then maybe the game has been downgraded. Looked nothing like that on my television or projector during the beta Lol

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
that's some woeful bollocks. This gen teached me a lot of new resolution settings....792p? Rofl

StoopKid

Honestly...? People are willing to ban CBoat over 72p? Is this real life?

Also after playing the PC version of Titanfall, this is just plain fugly for what is considered a "next-gen" console.

This.

Wasn't cboat one of the first insiders talking about Xbox 360?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
RIP sweet buttocks

I wonder who'll be replacing him as our number one insider. And man, the game is looking ugly as hell there. Hopefully some downsampling and texture packs will clean it up on PC.
Hopefully someone legible and less tribal.

meanspartan

I don't mind if CBOAT is occasionally wrong. In this case, it led to respawn themselves denying it and we got some concrete info out of the whole exchange.

So long as he is at least USUALLY right, devs will take his leaks seriously enough that we can expect a response.

Didn't someone official say they were going to increase the resolution from the beta? Maybe I'm not remembering it correctly though.

L Thammy

CBOAT was also wrong about a Prince of Persia reboot, but he apologized for that. The bulk of the information in that leak was correct, however.

Is 720p versus 792p really that big of a deal? I wouldn't notice, but I'm not sensitive to resolution at all.

nampad

Thanks for everything CBOAT, it was a hell of a ride.

And no resolution bump, I don't know why some people had such high hopes for it when the beta apparently had problems.

legacyzero

Banned
Cboat deliberately spread fud with this latest rumor. He should be banned.

But WHY, though? It's so odd, even by CBOAT standards.

CBOAT was also wrong about a Prince of Persia reboot, but he apologized for that. The bulk of the information in that leak was correct, however.

Is 720p versus 792p really that big of a deal? I wouldn't notice, but I'm not sensitive to resolution at all.
Didn't he/she explain his mistake regarding PoP? Didn't he confuse it with the Halo 5 teaser?

Seik

Banned
Would that be possible that CBOAT gave us what he knew, then the game got a few tweaks between this moment and now?

I mean, a guy can be wrong some times, so far he got more hits than misses imo.

Isn't it possible the nearly 1GB day-one patch upped the resolution and improves the textures? Keep in mind the same was done for CoD Ghost and AC4 on PS4.

Caayn

Cboat deliberately spread fud with this latest rumor. He should be banned.
A perma seems to hard, maybe. Unless he doesn't stop spreading fud then a perma is justified. But at least a temp ban.
Isn't it possible the nearly 1GB day-one patch upped the resolution and improves the textures? Keep in mind the same was done for CoD Ghost and AC4 on PS4.
The beta was already running at a higher resolution and had better textures than cboat claimed. Even when he was called out by a Respawn dev he stood by his words.

Leakers can only leak what is given to them. If they're told something by someone they think is a reliable source and it turns out to be wrong that's not really their fault. The nature of what leaking is means you can't personally fact-check 100% of the information for every situation.

Unless the theory that he's fishing for a ban is true of course.

Cess007

The ass storm continues.

ibgLSGWXfV5iQV.gif

On topic: Wasn't sure whether to expect a resolution upgrade at all, to be quite honest. Not really any of my concern, though, since I'll go PC when I do wind up getting the game.

This has made my day. Incredible.

Jigorath

Banned
I don't see the point in banning him over one incorrect leak. Especially when he's had so many correct ones. You always have to take this sort of thing with a grain of salt. Sometimes he's right, sometimes he's wrong. This time he was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom