• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall retail screencaps (XB1) show 792p resolution? CBoaT ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooooooooo! don't ban cboat. He may not be right on everything but he has been right on so many substantial leaks its just absurd. Theres no one else like him on the Internet to leak stuff :(

Throwing out the best insider the site has had over 72p. Fitting.

Exactly. I wonder what the reaction would of been if it wasn't about everyone's favorite company and game and instead about the one we all hate... 72p and his whole entire leaking career was nothing. It's not like his truth track record still out beats his wrongs.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I've yet to see any footage of this game that doesn't look like a 360 game, including playing the beta at a buds house.

Demon Ice

Banned
Does the game seriously look like that and still not manage a rock solid 60 FPS? Those direct feed screens in the OP look atrocious.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Exactly. I wonder what the reaction would of been if it wasn't about everyone's favorite company and game and instead about the one we all hate... 72p and his whole entire leaking career was nothing. It's not like his truth track record still out beats his wrongs.

Wow.

LowParry

Eeeesh, those do look pretty bad for direct screenshots. I'm sure it will be the "it looks better in motion" talk but eh. As for CBoaT...godspeed my friend.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Those poor screenshots. Ugh. Was hoping for an upgrade in visual quality from the beta.

Honestly it looks like a clear visual DOWNGRADE from the beta, and I'm just not gonna pass all that off to the image service used either.

Beta screens looked alot better than this on the XB1.

100% Respawns fault. New studio and all that jazz but considering they have been essentially working on one platform only it should look way better.

It even looks like shit on the PC, but hopefully they can improve the IQ significantly for the sequel. I'm going to laugh when TItanfall 2 comes out on the PS4 and it's not 1080p/60fps. The game will still be great, but come on Respawn!!

BHK3

Banned
I never thought the fucking texture res or resolution of some FPS was gonna be enough to bring down cboat...so stupid.

Salex_

Sheesh, people REALLY want cboat banned. Suddenly his 10 years of accurate leaks are nonexistent.

I'd rather keep him for E3 and other upcoming potential leaks.

Gestault

These shots look terrible. Artifacts from compression (and something else as well? Color banding?) don't help what's already middling IQ. That said, if someone's confident this is 792p, that means Respawn was on the up-and-up with their statements.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
People want CBOAT to be banned, but are completely looking over the fact that this game isn't in 1080P?!?! Ummmmm....okay!

Maybe they're aware of this but don't particularly care; the game being (at this juncture) exclusive, on the next-gen console side, to just the X1 means there's no controversy or debate to be stirred due to one platform offering a superior experience to the other. Really, the only commonality between the two matters you mention is that they both revolve around Titanfall.

The difference of 792p from 720p ain't that big. I doubt anyone notices that 72p difference. So I ain't gonna count that against cboat Though he did messed up that alpha textures thing. Can't blame him though, bf3 on ps3 still looks better based from those shots.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
We have to know why he would make such a stupid claim.

It would be understandable that the first iteration of the rumor was just a mistake, but doubling down on it was just crazy bollocks.

derFeef

Honestly it looks like a clear visual DOWNGRADE from the beta, and I'm just not gonna pass all that off to the image service used either.

Beta screens looked alot better than this on the XB1.

I'm gonna say most of it is image compression if you look closely. The game not being a looker + 792p to 1080p upscaled pictures + horrible compression = yep.

We have to know why he would make such a stupid claim.

I would like to know this too....

Also, does anyone have direct photographic evidence of the texture quality difference between this and alpha (or beta and alpha).

I do not just mean hearsay anecdotal evidence or even words from the devs (devs are even these days untrustworthy dammit).

Like... a photo of alpha... and then a photo of beta textures?

Frankly most of the stuff CBoaT leaked was stuff someone could guess. He's been wrong multiple times, even before this. The Source 2 leak is the one exception in recent memory but he got that from another forum member, not his own internal sources.

The fact is that Source 2 thing showed him posting info/rumours from other people who don't know him, he could have been easily fed misinformation.
Last relevant thing I remember was the Platinum project, since confirmed by ntkrnl.

Y'all really want him banned over that ?

Eh, doesn't bother me. bish seems to think differently though and it's ultimately up to him. I did find it very strange that boat doubled down on the texture claim, especially as it came after the beta.

Anyway, you're only as good as your last info in my opinion, so I'll be taking anything CBoAT says next with a healthy pinch of salt...

Not a pretty game. But if they can optimize it and maintain 60fps, the gamers should be pretty happy with the results overall. Imo

Gorillaz

I just want to know why he doubled down on the info. It's so petty.

bish has final say so in all of this, hopefully he doesn't get the hammer

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
To be fair to Cboat, anyone who saw those screens would confuse it with alpha textures. Those are rough man! And he/ she wasn't to far of the resolution either. So... imo he/ she doesn't deserve a perm. ban, hopefully only a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom