• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall retail screencaps (XB1) show 792p resolution? CBoaT ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main issue with cboat isn't simply the 72p difference or him doubling down despite the dev insisting/confirming it was not 720p.

I think the issue is that he has a pretty clear record lately of posting negative info about the Xbox One. Which is ok in itself assuming the info is accurate. However when it isn't it causes problems. So when he's wrong about these things it reflects badly on him and probably more importantly on Neogaf as well, which has to be taken care of.

daman824

But WHY, though? It's so odd, even by CBOAT standards.

Didn't he/she explain his mistake regarding PoP? Didn't he confuse it with the Halo 5 teaser?
Either he's an idiot, wants to be banned, or got too big of an ego and wanted to stir the pot without thinking of the consequences.

Krakn3Dfx

The ass storm continues.

ibgLSGWXfV5iQV.gif

On topic: Wasn't sure whether to expect a resolution upgrade at all, to be quite honest. Not really any of my concern, though, since I'll go PC when I do wind up getting the game.

I am truly dying here, in a room full of parents for a spelling bee who would have no clue why if I tried to explain.

Vashetti

Banned
Perhaps cboat was the only one told about the resolution drop and alpha textures in an effort to expose his true identity?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What I want to know is did they improve the framerate any to be more constant 60fps without as many dips?

THAT's what I want to know.

PS: Why do these screens look WORSE than the Beta screenshots we all saw?!?!?!

L Thammy

There was also that tinfoil hat theory that this Titanfall stuff and the other leaks was a canary trap meant to catch CBOAT. Was there a statement or anything afterward that confirmed that to be false?

EBE

that looks ROUGH.
i know its a crossgen game, but yikes. you think they could have done a bit more to spruce it up a bit. the xb1 is better than this.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Wow. Actually clicked on the screens. That IQ is fucking abysmal.
li7C2BB.jpg

JS7kbxb.jpg

Quick, someone post some PC 4K Screens to heal my eyes!

Maybe there is hope for a post launch 1080p patch.

Guymelef

Leakers can only leak what is given to them. If they're told something by someone they think is a reliable source and it turns out to be wrong that's not really their fault. The nature of what leaking is means you can't fact-check 100% of every situation.

Unless the theory that he's fishing for a ban is true of course.

He came with 720p alpha textures before the beta, that's fine, the problem is even after the beta with 792p + better textures he still maintained 720p + 25% textures.

Dibbz

CBOAT aside it's really fucking embarrassing that a game released in 2014 (on brand new hardware to boot) has such shit IQ.

To be fair to CBOAT, If I saw those screens, I would probably just quickly call it 720p and alpha due to how bad they look.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I hope the buttocks doesn't get banned, he keeps things interesting, even if it's at the expense of some butthurt fanboys :p

_Ryo_

I've never been a conspiracy theorist BUT what if:

CBOAT was actually ntkrnl and argued with himself in a show to get himself banned? I don't think he'd risk his rep so easily.

derFeef

Wow. Actually clicked on the screens. That IQ is fucking abysmal.
Quick, someone post some PC 4K Screens to heal my eyes!

Maybe there is hope for a post launch 1080p patch.

I would never say this game is outstanding looking, but look at those compression artifacts, it makes the whole thing even worse. 4k might not save you from jpg artifacts + imgur add some jpg artifacts.

Rocky

Banned
Would that be possible that CBOAT gave us what he knew, then the game got a few tweaks between this moment and now?

I mean, a guy can be wrong some times, so far he got more hits than misses imo.

That's what I was thinking. 720p to 792p doesn't seem like that big of a jump. Couldn't the devs have bumped it up after the leak just to prove cboat wrong and discredit him?

That's what I was thinking. 720p to 792p doesn't seem like that big of a jump. Couldn't the devs have bumped it up after the leak just to prove cboat wrong and discredit him?
The problem was that he was claiming they were still using alpha textures when the Beta had already been released and we knew that wasn't true. He doubled down on a ridiculous claim.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
To be fair to CBOAT, If I saw those screens, I would probably just quickly call it 720p and alpha due to how bad they look.

The textures are definitely better-than-alpha, despite the bad compression. Just look at the glove.

CBoaT doubling down on that silly rumor was just weird.

CBOAT has never been perfect. His are leaks. Not constantly confirmed. He's still relatively reliable. I prefer his leaks rather than no leaks from him.

But yes. He messes up a decent bit >.<
Dont rely so heavily on everything he says?

I agree. Please don't ban CBOAT.

FiggyCal

Banned

He also said that there'd be 16 maps, alpha textures were final and that the game would ave its own separate chat (independent from Xbox One's chat system).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Fuck I wish CBOAT wasn't even brought up in this thread as it's skewing what we should actually be talking about.

Why the fuck are those screens in the OP WORSE than the direct feed screens we saw during the beta? It's not just the image uploading service either.

The screens look markedably worse than what people were posting when the beta was live.

I don't understand, bish is talking about a permaban? Cboats been banned before, him getting banned and coming back for a while isn't the end of the world.

Guess Who

Banned
Frankly most of the stuff CBoaT leaked lately was stuff someone could guess. He's been wrong multiple times, even before this. The Source 2 leak is the one exception in recent memory but he got that from another forum member, not his own internal sources.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't want CBoaT banned, even if he is intermixing wrong stuff with right stuff to save his own behind, but really he's more wrong than right recently and spreading false information under a trusted name is just as bad. Just look at all the people in this thread that consider it as his first offense. Pretty exemplary of people even believing the false stuff he puts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom