• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall retail screencaps (XB1) show 792p resolution? CBoaT ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

Based on these images, the image quality for the XB1 version of this game is garbage. Games like Halo 4 had much, much clearer IQ.

http://i.minus.com/ibnlvFuaZjb932.png[/MG][/QUOTE]
Some AA would do wonders here, but apparently is that just too much for the XB1

May16

The guy messed up one time, and people want his blood now ...?

welcome-to-earth-top.jpg

Jetlagger

Banned
Uhhh... What? He didn't "imply" anything, he specifically stated at least two things about the same game, both of which were completely false. And then doubled down when confronted.

How is that not wrong? That makes as much sense as me posting "Infamous SS will be 720p". Would that fall under the "keeping attention on resolution" defense as well?

He stated those two things with an intention to imply that the game would fail to live up to the hype performance-wise, and would thus be a victim of, or contributor to, the ongoing Resolutiongate. He doubled down when confronted because he genuinely believed that the game was failing to, and would fail to, meet the expected trappings of a next gen game.

Now, if you said that inFamous SS would be 720p, then yes, people would end up paying attention to that game's resolution and rightfully so. And if all Sucker Punch could muster up was a measly 72p, then I think we would be agreeing that you were close enough, give or take a few minor technicalities. CBoaT was close enough, and 792p isn't 720p but it sure isn't 900p either.

As for the textures, I can't fathom why he stuck to his horses on that, because it's not like the textures are striking people with much fervor by looking at the screenshots so far posted in this thread. So yeah, if he genuinely believed those textures in the beta were going to downgrade back down to the alpha's textures, it would be nice if he wasn't banned right now from explaining why he was so staunch.

Synth

The OP is incomprehensible.

Am I to understand someone got banned because they got it wrong by 92 pixels?

Posted this a little earlier:

As for the whole topic of bans. I agree that banning someone with a great track record for a few misses would be ridiculous. The problem in this case was that he wasn't leaking information where there was none (which is the usual case). Respawn had already offered the information that the resolution was currently 792p, and that the alpha textures were not final. CBOAT in this instance was saying that the information offered directly by the developer of the game was wrong (or basically, that they were lying). This is different, and not something I've seen other leakers such as Thuway, FamousMortimer and the like ever do. For this reason I feel at least a temporary ban is justified.

We need a CBOAT here in Neogaf, he is very important and a trust insider. If somebody wants CBOAT ban, for such minimal error. Its because wants to keep blind about the XBO reality. Or you considered all the CBOAT leaks fakes, only for this. This is not a game, waiting that a Insiders fails, to reclaim his head. Cmon, what a Joke.

I didn't say anything in regards to if we need CBOAT here or not. I asked how this is a confirmation when the result is exactly what he said it would not be. Nobody's claiming that 792p is fantastic (I actually think 720p would have been a better choice if they haven't managed to eliminate the framedrops). I'm saying the info was wrong.

Bgamer90

Banned
He stated those two things with an intention to imply that the game would fail to live up to the hype performance-wise, and would thus be a victim of, or contributor to, the ongoing Resolutiongate. He doubled down when confronted because he genuinely believed that the game was failing to, and would fail to, meet the expected trappings of a next gen game.

Now, if you said that inFamous SS would be 720p, then yes, people would end up paying attention to that game's resolution and rightfully so. And if all Sucker Punch could muster up was a measly 72p, then I think we would be agreeing that you were close enough, give or take a few minor technicalities. CBoaT was close enough, and 792p isn't 720p but it sure isn't 900p either.

Once again, he said this after the beta was in 792p saying that the final game would be in a lower resolution than the beta. That was the bigger reason why what he said got attention from a decent amount of people here.

It's not about a mere "72p". He said the final game would be downgraded from the beta.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man the IQ in the XB1 shots is terrible. I have no problem the game being 720p, 900p or 1080p but even 720p games like Halo 4 and Forza Horizon look much better due to the IQ. This looks really bad.

What is making the IQ that blurry?

I mean even the HUD looks piss poor as well. Couldn't they have done a similar thing to Ryse or Dead Rising 3 and created the HUD in Full HD?

Jetlagger

Banned
Once again, he said this after the beta was in 792p saying that the final game would be downgraded from the beta. That was the bigger reason why what he said got attention from a decent amount of people here.

It's not about a mere "72p". He said the final game would be downgraded from the beta.

So if you could go ahead and include my third and final paragraph from that post you quoted, you would see the part where I said it would be nice if CBoaT wasn't banned right now from explaining why he believed that not only the textures but the resolution as well would downgrade. The guy wouldn't concede to being wrong, even with clear evidence staring him in the face, but something he knew kept him from flinching and now he's not being afforded the opportunity to make amends for at least 72 hours.

Bgamer90

Banned
So if you could go ahead and include my third and final paragraph from that post you quoted, you would see the part where I said it would be nice if CBoaT wasn't banned right now from explaining why he believed that not only the textures but the resolution as well would downgrade. The guy wouldn't concede to being wrong, even with clear evidence staring him in the face, but something he knew kept him from flinching and now he's not being afforded the opportunity to make amends for at least 72 hours.

I didn't see you mention the Titanfall beta resolution in your post at all (just the textures). My mistake if that's what you meant.

Who frickin cares? It's CBOAT. If he's wrong, he's still right 99% of the time.

Banning him for not being perfect 100% of the time would be robbing the forum of an incredibly precise insider.

Banning him for 72 hours is meaningless for somebody who posts in fits and spurts.

Just let it stand as a blemish on his record.

Portugeezer

Looks pretty good from 10fts away...

Anyway, Day One patch is 840mb for TF.
720-->792 patch amirite?
But seriously, why do devs keep releasing day one patch for a game that has "gone" gold?

Why does that matter when Titanfall is online only anyway?

No one will miss out because they're all online.

Xone9
(Today, 07:02 PM)

You were saying?
It's hard to tell astroturfers from dedicated fans, so it's hard to say whether their post history is damning or not. It's always funny that anyone who points out anything that could be seen as potentially negative or critical is "othered" as a "PS fanboy" (even when it couldn't be further from the truth).

I recall some people saying that NeoGAF has a larger ratio of "Sony fans", so it's maybe that assumption that makes certain Xbox One fans feel they need to be more vocal in response. (I find it hard to believe there'd be that many obvious astroturfers. Maybe I'm naive. I mean, Microsoft has bungled the PR side of things many times, but still.)

It's painful for the platform agnostics.

Are these really direct-feed shots OP? Because they look horrible. Even the AA looks bad here, might be due to the lower resolution =/

It's just not a very good looking game. And I don't know how the alpha textures were but the beta textures were so bad up close. Maybe cboat had a point regarding textures

IMHO it wasn't really that good and honestly I think the only reason people are excited for the game is because it offers something new in the sense of FPS genre. I played at a friends house and honestly it got old after a few hours. But, he'll tell you that he loved it up until the moment the beta ended.

I feel the same way. The movement is amazing but besides that it's another shooter. I would enjoy it more if the classes had more distinct roles. Maybe cause I'm older now but I enjoy a game like KZ where I can be support class and play my role more than a COD type game. And the bots were literally too dumb

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Looks pretty good from 10fts away...

Anyway, Day One patch is 840mb for TF.
720-->792 patch amirite?
But seriously, why do devs keep releasing day one patch for a game that has "gone" gold?

Going Gold doesn't mean there are no bugs, it means that the game is fit to be shipped and played. In the time between going gold and release the devs continue to work on fixing the bugs and have fixes ready on release day. Of course, the definition of 'fit to ship/play' changes from one dev to another.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
As someone who saw this constantly for 4 years and knows the whole intro back and forth:

BEST GIF EVER

I died at "is that bish again?"

Yep, I died at it. I'm sad not enough people are getting it. :(

"Nice Gaffer! Are you banned yet!?" gets me everytime.

The reason for the ban is not because of the degree of the miss (72p or 180p, it's irrelevant). It's because he and/or his sources appear to be compromised and appear to no longer be as reliable as they were.

One or two more issues like this and he might as well be a random guy making up shit. This is more about the principal than anything because a few days means nothing to someone who posts that infrequently.

If a 3 day ban is what's been issued in the past for similar issues, I have no problem with this. If it's not in line with what's been issued in the past, I have massive problems with this.

Also, I like the way Titanfall looks.

Agreed on that front. Bumping it to 792p when you still have framerate issues, tearing, and other small visual bugs makes no sense to me. How could you even justify it? Do any tv's even support 792p? Doesn't 720p scale to 1080p better, anyway? I'm honestly curious to the answers, so someone with technical knowledge please enlighten me.

Anyone?

Paracelsus

If a 3 day ban is what's been issued in the past for similar issues, I have no problem with this. If it's not in line with what's been issued in the past, I have massive problems with this.

Also, I like the way Titanfall looks.

People love how Dark Souls looks but that's not saying much, if at all.

Falcon511

Banned
Its funny. In Titanfall for my Xbox one, i was too busy dodging bullets, parkouring, running around and killing other players to notice the graphics. Different priorities i guess.

I am sure MS knows who Cboat is or atleast has an idea.

The whole resolution thing is boring now. It's kind of an ugly game, but it's clearly not getting in the way of people who enjoy playing it. And people really seem to be liking it.

Can we all move on now?

TUROK

Ten pages and only a handful of people noticed that the OP screenshots are compressed to hell and back... And yet everyone's all "IQ this" and "IQ that."

d0c_zaius

Its funny. In Titanfall for my Xbox one, i was too busy dodging bullets, parkouring, running around and killing other players to notice the graphics. Different priorities i guess.

you should write press releases :p

Zornack

Haha, that is funny!

Orayn

People love how Dark Souls looks but that's not saying much, if at all.

It says that appreciation for a game's visuals is subjective. Unless moondoggerr is claiming that the game is technically accomplished in ways it isn't, what more is there to say?

"You don't actually like how it looks."

"Lots of people think it looks bad so you're wrong."

beast786

That is why I told my friends to get on 360. I mean, who notices graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom