• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SummerSlam 2013 |OT| The Spontaneous Combustion of Bryan Danielson & Cena Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
surfer sting so lame

slap%20gif22.jpg

if RVD really ends up on the preshow i just don't know what to say. like wow. wouldn't be at all surprised if he pulls a rock and just quits on his contact. that's some serious bullshit.

strobogo

Banned
Let us not forget that Stone Cold was on the Summerslam preshow in 1996, and that was after he had won KOTR and been shit talking Bret Hart for months. It's not that big of a deal. It is kind of weird for RVD to be the one on it, though.

Let us not forget that Stone Cold was on the Summerslam preshow in 1996, and that was after he had won KOTR and been shit talking Bret Hart for months. It's not that big of a deal. It is kind of weird for RVD to be the one on it, though.

yeah but, isn't the whole point of having RVD back, and for a limited schedule no less, for him to draw in more sales and $$$? the preshow doesn't really make WWE money i imagine, just seems bizarre for a part timer brought back just because the fans demanded it. kinda silly to bring him back just for random ass matches instead of putting him in a headlining feud (which i think most of us can agree he deserves). they booked jericho with mass respect, seems like vince is toying around with RVDs return. IMO they should be in the same class basically.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
if Cena doesn't lose the title by Survivor Series, he's not dropping it until he beats Punk's record

yeah but, isn't the whole point of having RVD back, and for a limited schedule no less, for him to draw in more sales and $$$? the preshow doesn't really make WWE money i imagine, just seems bizarre for a part timer brought back just because the fans demanded it. kinda silly to bring him back just for random ass matches instead of putting him in a headlining feud (which i think most of us can agree he deserves). they booked jericho with mass respect, seems like vince is toying around with RVDs return. IMO they should be in the same class basically.
No they shouldn't.

Aiii

So not worth it
RVD is doing house shows and appearing on both Raw and Smackdown every week, if he's on a limited appearance contract I'd be amazed.

RVD is doing house shows and appearing on both Raw and Smackdown every week, if he's on a limited appearance contract I'd be amazed.

They're probably trying to get him attention/exposure in the early going. Reports were his contract was not dissimilar to Jericho's.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jericho also works house shows and is on every Raw and Smackdown. This is not a limited appearance deal, that's what someone like Brock has.

Jericho also works house shows and is on every Raw and Smackdown. This is not a limited appearance deal, that's what someone like Brock has.

Well it's probably more limited than what some of the younger guys have to work. That's what I meant.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
if Cena doesn't lose the title by Survivor Series, he's not dropping it until he beats Punk's record

There's no way in hell he's coming close to beating Punk's record. That's virtually impossible considering money in the bank has to be cashed in on him some time. Don't forget Punk had the benefit of Cena being special and having a proper match instead of cashing it on on a weakened champion. Not going to happen again. Also worst case scenario Cena holds the title until Mania and dramatically drops the title at Mania.

Anyway I feel pretty confident Bryan will win the title.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
There's no way in hell he's coming close to beating Punk's record. That's virtually impossible considering money in the bank has to be cashed in on him some time. Don't forget Punk had the benefit of Cena being special and having a proper match instead of cashing it on on a weakened champion. Not going to happen again. Also worst case scenario Cena holds the title until Mania and dramatically drops the title at Mania.

You forget Cena has to "get his win back" as far as MITB is concerned.

Cena is currently the only MITB winner to cash in the briefcase and fail, whether warning was given in advance or not.

He needs to offset that by being the only champion to successfully defend the title on a "weakened opponent" cash-in.

Let's not even get into the fact that Cena's failed MITB cash-in ended with him winning the match by DQ, because of Big Show. He didn't even take the pin there. If he won't even give up a pin to the #2 guy in the company, a guy who held the title for 430 plus days, what makes you think he's going to legit drop the title to Bryan?

There will be shenanigans, guaranteed. If Bryan wins the title, it'll be with an asterisk, and if Cena makes it to November with the belt, there's no way he drops it before he surpasses Punk.

You forget Cena has to "get his win back" as far as MITB is concerned.

Cena is currently the only MITB winner to cash in the briefcase and fail, whether warning was given in advance or not.

He needs to offset that by being the only champion to successfully defend the title on a "weakened opponent" cash-in.

Let's not even get into the fact that Cena's failed MITB cash-in ended with him winning the match by DQ, because of Big Show. He didn't even take the pin there. If he won't even give up a pin to the #2 guy in the company, a guy who held the title for 430 plus days, what makes you think he's going to legit drop the title to Bryan?

There will be shenanigans, guaranteed. If Bryan wins the title, it'll be with an asterisk, and if Cena makes it to November with the belt, there's no way he drops it before he surpasses Punk.

Vince doesn't seem to be booking everything anymore. I don't think there's any way they keep the title on Cena that long, even if he DOES hold it until Mania (which I can't see him doing, as I think he'll probably be 'Taker's final opponent, unless they decide to go with Brock).

I think Bryan will probably win via small package and then lose the title to Randy Orton, either that night or on the following Raw. We'll have a Bryan/Orton/Cena three-way feud, then either a Bryan/Orton or Cena/Orton singles feud, leading into the Royal Rumble, wherein the build to Wrestlemania begins.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, one new match and a special guest ref have been announced for SummerSlam:

20130812_light_summerslam_tripleh_C-homepage.jpg

Triple H is gearing up for his heel turn at SummerSlam by turning on Bryan after he wins the match so Orton can cash in. Wether Orton leaves as champ or Bryan, who knows.

20130812_light_summerslam_brie-natalya_C-homepage.jpg

Total Divas needs to be promoted, so we get this with the Funkadactyls in Natalya's corner and Eva Marie in the Bellas corner. Jo-Jo is opening the show by signing the national anthem, in case you were wondering why she wasn't included in this promotion.

And we get a free pre-show US Title match of RVD vs. Ambrose.
20130812_summerslam_KickOff_Ambrose_RVD_HOMEPAGE_Sunday.jpg

Putting out all the possibilities here but, what if Cena is too damn unbeatable and that HHH helps Bryan win the title with multiple chairshots to the back while Hunter turns a blind eye. Everyone's still cheering this Bryan heel turn like Austin was at WM 17 and then Orton cashes in and fails when HHH pedigrees Orton.

Cole shouts, "Why Bryan why???" And HHH and Bryan celebrates to close the show.

Idk how the IWC would react to that honestly.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Not to let a good gimmick go by, Miz will wear Google Glass to show all of us photos and videos "behind the scenes". Look forward to Tout levels of annoyance in the future.

I'm calling Orton cashing in BEFORE the match actually ends, like while Byan has Cena in the Whatever-Lock, right before Cena taps. Bryan releases the hold when Orton's music hits, Randy takes him out with the case or a chair or something, cashes in. Cena stands up, RKO, pinned.

Bryan keeps chasing the title without losing momentum, now against a pure heel. Cena's protective bubble is unburst and he can also stay in the title picture keeping Vin-Man happy. And Orton is turned instantly by daring to lay a finger on D-Bry. Everyone wins
until Randy strikes out during the Summerslam afterparty.

Bowser

I'm calling Orton cashing in BEFORE the match actually ends, like while Byan has Cena in the Whatever-Lock, right before Cena taps. Bryan releases the hold when Orton's music hits, Randy takes him out with the case or a chair or something, cashes in. Cena stands up, RKO, pinned.

Bryan keeps chasing the title without losing momentum, now against a pure heel. Cena's protective bubble is unburst and he can also stay in the title picture keeping Vin-Man happy. And Orton is turned instantly by daring to lay a finger on D-Bry. Everyone wins
until Randy strikes out during the Summerslam afterparty.

I actually wouldn't mind this scenario at all...

jred2k

Not to let a good gimmick go by, Miz will wear Google Glass to show all of us photos and videos "behind the scenes". Look forward to Tout levels of annoyance in the future.

Hopefully he forgets to take them off after the show and we get some POV shots of him with Maryse. That would be AWESOME!

strobogo

Banned
Hopefully he forgets to take them off after the show and we get some POV shots of him with Maryse. That would be AWESOME!

I guess. I don't think seeing Maryse naked (which you can easily do online) is worth seeing Miz's dick and hearing him grunting over her.

Jitters

All of the news sites are saying HHH will end up heel and Vince the face, but I can't figure out how they get there.

Vince and Austin share a beer in the middle of the ring, dance with some children because PG-era. HHH comes out, sledgehammers Austin and Vince, forces kids to line up and get pedigree'd one-by-one. He then literally buries them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom