• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cecil the lion's brother, Jericho, is alive and well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, in Texas:

vNqa25b.png

I've seen a number of pics from people with houses like this and I'm still trying to figure out how the fuck they walk around these places. You slip on something and there's like 50 horned animal heads waiting to gore you.

entremet

What's sad is that male lions, with their majestic manes, are the most prized by poachers and hunters, however, they're also highly important in defending their young cubs.

The lionesses can become nomadic and find another pride if the adult males are removed, leaving the cubs the most vulnerable.

Maledict

What. The. Fuck. I read an article 10 hours ago about how he was protecting Cecil's cubs. This is really atrocious.

Yep. It's incredibly sad, because Jericho had taken over as pride leader which meant the cubs were safe, but now he's gone they are dead basically.

If Obama wants an easy late-presidency victory, introducing some kind of international police presence in designated areas to protect endangered animals from poachers seems like something even Republicans might want their name attached to, given the traction these stories have received thus far.

RPGCrazied

I want to know who the hunter is, if its another american, cause if so that is 2 now that needs to be extradited.

Good lord. Yes, it's sad, and should be punished, but yeesh.

This is one of the rare times when i approve death sentence. And it should be done publicly on some square or something.

Or maybe you should advocate something that solves the problem in the first place. Which is an average income of 1,000 dollars a year for those lucky to have an actual job. Now compare that to 50 grand for a Rhino horn. These people do not become poachers because it's "fun" just like Somalians don't become pirates because they saw Johnny Depp in the Pirates movies.

dex3108

Good lord. Yes, it's sad, and should be punished, but yeesh.

Unfortunately yes i am serious. They did something irreversible that can and will have serious consequences on whole region and species. And when you do something like this you are not human anymore and you can't change that person. And i really don't have any sympathy for those persons. But when i think a bit more maybe that punishment would be too good for them. Maybe putting them in cages in some zoo would be better. They would be ashamed and punished that way.

This is one of the rare times when i approve death sentence. And it should be done publicly on some square or something.

A long dry rot in prison is far superior to just slaughtering someone and permitting the gift of a swift death.

Damn off to a bad start already.

Unfortunately yes i am serious. They did something irreversible that can and will have serious consequences on whole region and species. And when you do something like this you are not human anymore and you can't change that person. And i really don't have any sympathy for those persons. But when i think a bit more maybe that punishment would be too good for them. Maybe putting them in cages in some zoo would be better. They would be ashamed and punished that way.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Blader

If Obama wants an easy late-presidency victory, introducing some kind of international police presence in designated areas to protect endangered animals from poachers seems like something even Republicans might want their name attached to, given the traction these stories have received thus far.
Nothing with Obama's name attached to it can be an easy victory. Republicans will try to frame it as a veiled attack on gun ownership or something. "First Obama will want to police hunting over there, next thing you know, he'll be policing it in your own back yard!"

I hope their ego boost was worth it, because I'm sure it won't help when someone shoots them for sport and hangs their heads on a plaque. Fucking scum.

You're supposed to dig up.

The person poached. This doesn't mean they deserve death or to be put in a cage or a zoo.

We as a human species have been killing for thousands of years. But glad you're the authority on calling these hunters not human. Criminals sure. But killing is very human.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

I'm pretty sure this is not the solution. The United states introducing an international police force, no matter what the purpose, is not a good idea.

mreddie

Maybe because the hunter didn't want to know about the Lion's Moss Covered Three Handled Family Gredunza.

Fucked up though, hunting to sport is just assholish.

dex3108

We as a human species have been killing for thousands of years. But glad you're the authority on calling these hunters not human. Criminals sure. But killing is very human.

You're supposed to dig up.

The person poached. This doesn't mean they deserve death or to be put in a cage or a zoo.

Just to be clear i don't have anything against controlled and legal hunting. It is part of our history and life. But this is something else and in a way worse than committing murder.

In before "you only care about this lions death because he had a name".

Well, shit has been going on for decades legally, why do people care so much all the sudden. Where was their outrage before this?

Just to be clear i don't have anything against controlled and legal hunting. It is part of our history and life. But this is something else and in a way worse than committing murder.

Meh. Morally it is the same regardless of whether or not this lion or this park has been considered an acceptable kill by Zimbabwe.

ApharmdX

Banned
I read the last thread and there's more anger and distress there than in the threads where innocent people are murdered by American police. Poaching sucks but this anger lacks perspective and scale, I think.

BokehKing

Banned
Now that I think about it, we shouldn't be worried about new males moving in and killing the cubs. Poachers are probably already salivating at the prospect of more lions to kill.
How sad is that, wanting lions to kill the Cubs just so humans don't shoot it for a prize

I can't stand humans sometimes

Well, shit has been going on for decades legally, why do people care so much all the sudden. Where was their outrage before this?

i know right? how come people don't care about all terrible things at max-level all the time?

how come when a celebrity dies of a certain disease all of a sudden it raises awareness for that particular disease? geez, all those people didn't even care before right?

I read the last thread and there's more anger and distress there than in the threads where innocent people are murdered by American police. Poaching sucks but this anger lacks perspective and scale, I think.

yeah, it's completely impossible to be upset at both completely unrelated things simultaneously. everyone possesses a care-meter that can only fill/deplete towards one topic at a time.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
As I commented in the old thread about Cecil, this is so fucked up.

I don't understand why it's legal to import trophies in any civilised country.

Oh dont worry hunting "illegally" has existed for hundreds of years. And no it really isnt worse than committing a murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom