• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy fuck GAF I just saw a decapitated head after a motorcycle crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

I'm in an Uber home leaving South Boston heading north on 93 in the tunnels under Boston and suddenly theres a shit ton of traffic and multiple ambulances. Eventually we get to the scene and theres fucking white blankets covering what I assume are bodies. I then for some reason stay curious and keep looking and see a motherfucking decapitated head being examined by some dude. There were motorcycles there so I assumed the guy when flying off or something but what the fuck man I've never seen shit like this. I went from enjoying a nice drunk uber ride to feeling ill.

I don't know what is more fucked up, the sight of the skull and blood or the fact that the only way I could parse my thoughts about this was to post about it on GAF when I got home.

Be careful on motorcycles GAF

jtb

Banned
I'm sorry you had to see that. A friend of mine died riding a motorcycle a year ago. Dangerous hobby.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Believe I saw the same thing when I was a kid but it was a confusing scene. Go chill. Don't dwell on it.

Dysun

I've seen more than a few bike related fatalities while driving, at least 3 this year
Always a sad sight

Sorry about that OP, that's some potentially traumitizing shit. :/

GAF may not be the best place to go as this thread proves with dumbasses trying to make jokes about it.

Arc

Ugh, that sounds terrible op.

I feel like such a sally but I can't shake the image. It just didn't seem real at first, like I've been so desensitized to seeing things like this in the media. But when I realized it was real I just haven't stopped replaying it over and over.

Jesus. I'd get distressed seeing a pic/video of that. But in person....yikes. Hope the vividness of it in your mind passes after time and doesn't cause you stress.

I saw a man split in half at the waist after a motorcycle accident last year. The police had just arrived and hadn't covered it up yet. It was terrible.

I've always wanted to have a motorcycle but I've personally seen 2 people die on them just as a bystander...

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Am I high or is GAF a fucking bummer tonight?

Sorry for your loss, OP.

Jonm1010

Banned
Motorcycles are one of those things that I bet 50 years from now we will be sitting back in our Google self driving cars reading on buzzfeed about the crazy shit humans used to embrace and love in the dark ages of vehicles.

I've heard too many horror stories of injuries and know of two people who have died on motorcycles and I frankly would never take that risk.

Machine

My boss likes to ride his motorcycle. I can only pray he rides using a helmet since Michigan had a no-helmet law. I'd hate to have to try to find a new job.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry about that OP, that's some potentially traumitizing shit. :/

GAF may not be the best place to go as this thread proves with dumbasses trying to make jokes about it.
It is a psychological thing. first thing that came into my head was also black humour related.

OP this is horrible. Do you have people in RL to talk about it? To see something like that can hit hard, I hope you don't dream about the accident.

When I was younger there was an accident on the highway and my father told me to stay in the car. I saw him pull bloody children out of the cars that crashed. Still hunts me to this day.

params7

Banned
Shit sucks OP. I saw a women crushed under a bus with her innards on the road when I was around 11-12. It will stay with you for a while, just try not to keep thinking about it.

dejay

Banned
Hey, lets make light of someone's traumatic experience with puns. Puns that aren't particularly clever either.

I avoid looking whenever there's a car accident in fear of seeing something like that

I avoid travelling behind bikes because I'm nervous that I'll see them have an accident in front of me. I've seen a few dead people in accidents, I really dislike seeing it.

I have much respect for tow truck drivers and emergency services people - they see this shit all the time.

Sorry if my joke comes off as tasteless. OP didn't know the person personally, and if they did I wouldn't have made it. I thought it may've lightened up the mood for him and maybe would get a chuckle or two. If he finds it insensitive, I've got no issue with editing it out. Having interned at a morgue, this kinda thing was fairly common (the humor).

I'm in an Uber home leaving South Boston heading north on 93 in the tunnels under Boston and suddenly theres a shit ton of traffic and multiple ambulances. Eventually we get to the scene and theres fucking white blankets covering what I assume are bodies. I then for some reason stay curious and keep looking and see a motherfucking decapitated head being examined by some dude. There were motorcycles there so I assumed the guy when flying off or something but what the fuck man I've never seen shit like this. I went from enjoying a nice drunk uber ride to feeling ill.

I don't know what is more fucked up, the sight of the skull and blood or the fact that the only way I could parse my thoughts about this was to post about it on GAF when I got home.

Be careful on motorcycles GAF

No surprise. That EMS show is nothing but vehicle accidents. Learn how to drive Boston.

Grimsen

Man, some of you have seen some shit. :(

Can't relate, and hope I never will, but I hope you guys and gals have managed to get through it.

OP, I hope this thread helps. It's kinda grim, though.

When I was in Thailand I went to visit a temple one day, I saw they had this golden notice board near the exit and went to have a look as it appeared to have photos on it.
I thought it would be photos of the monks and some nice community things..

..but it was a 5ft long board covered in photos of people who'd died in motorbike accidents. Bits and pieces of human bodies...it was supposed to be a deterrent against reckless driving, but holly shit did it give me some fucked up dreams for a few days.

Two Words

Sorry if my joke comes off as tasteless. OP didn't know the person personally, and if they did I wouldn't have made it. I thought it may've lightened up the mood for him and maybe would get a chuckle or two. If he finds it insensitive, I've got no issue with editing it out. Having interned at a morgue, this kinda thing was fairly common (the humor).

Why would you think somebody who is reeling from seeing a decapitated head would benefit from a cheesy Austin Powers joke about decapitation?

HylianTom

Banned
I've done ER work for years and have seen (and smelled) some pretty gruesome stuff.. the sense of humor there is pretty damn dark, too.
I won't give-up my motorcycle. I've been riding for 16 years now, and my parents stiill remain freaked out by it.

Gruso

OP this is horrible. Do you have people in RL to talk about it?
+1. This can affect you in ways you don't expect OP (not saying it will, but it can). Emergency workers have trauma counselling services available to them for this reason, but passer-bys don't!

Find someone to talk to about it. There may be a community service you can contact.

Jzero

I saw one recently near L.A. as well. Seeing bloody shit like that in real life is so different than all the gore on tv.

Yeah man. Seeing dismembered body parts on asphalt is not cool. I saw it myself a few years ago on the freeway near sacramento, ca. It's just not right.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It always seriously pisses me off when I see guys on motorcycles blasting by, going double or triple the speed of traffic weaving in and out of lanes. I've seen four dead bikers laying out on the road in my time commuting on the LA freeways, two of which I actually recognized from the aforementioned scenario playing out not too long before.

dejay

Banned
It always seriously pisses me off when I see guys on motorcycles blasting by, going double or triple the speed of traffic weaving in and out of lanes. I've seen four dead bikers laying out on the road in my time commuting on the LA freeways, two of which I actually recognized from the aforementioned scenario playing out not too long before.

There are bike riders you can tell won't go very long before they have some kind of accident. There are others who have gone 40 years without coming off the bike.

I dislike the ones that lane split at high speed - not only is it dangerous for them, but it gives me less options in what is supposed to be my lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom