• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$300 jeans on, does that mean we dream wrong? - Official Denimhead Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I know this is a cardinal sin, but I need help shrinking some jeans.

Gustin struck again and, even though the size is the same as my others, this pair is pretty baggy on me.

Luckily (I think?), it's a grey dye/wash, so I'm not too worried about ink loss or anything like that.

I've been reading up and it seems like the only real methods are a long, hot soak, or using a dryer. Any thoughts? Don't crucify me.

I actually came in to ask this same thing. I have a pair of Acne jeans, that while my usual size, are just a bit too loose around the waist. Do any of these methods actually work? Was going to try the dryer.

Treo360

Love skimming through this thread, so many options. This year became the year of my midlife crisis, where i wanted to wear my favorite jeans growing up. Levis 501's. However I didn't want pre shrunk jeans. So I've been exclusively STF, and it's become addictive. Like Pokémon, I need to catch them all. So while I'm in this kick, I realized I love button fly's. What other mid-heavyweight denim stf jeans with button fly's are there for me to get hooked on?

Antagon

Love skimming through this thread, so many options. This year became the year of my midlife crisis, where i wanted to wear my favorite jeans growing up. Levis 501's. However I didn't want pre shrunk jeans. So I've been exclusively STF, and it's become addictive. Like Pokémon, I need to catch them all. So while I'm in this kick, I realized I love button fly's. What other mid-heavyweight denim stf jeans with button fly's are there for me to get hooked on?

What's the budget? And do you want to buy online? I can start recommending stuff like Momotaro and Samurai, but that's not exactly for anyone.

Does anyone know if you can still can get Arc 3D coj colour jeans or something similar? They were my favorite 😪

635302435627887491VC_P18.jpg

Antagon

Online is fine with good return policy I suppose

The main problem with STF is that it's a pretty niche market. I don't know of any major brands that have STF jeans outside Levi's. The main US stores that sell the more niche brands that have STF (or unsanforized) denim are Blue In Green, Blue Owl and Selvedge.

These stores are in a few major cities (Selfedge seems to be the biggest, with stores in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and Portland). They all sell jeans online as well though.

The upside is that all the stores should have extensive measurements of the jeans that help you a lot with the fit. But expect to pay $200+. That's obviously the downside of niche stuff.

Edit: Though Naked and Famous has some decent stuff that's between $100 and $200.
Ie:
https://tateandyoko.com/collections...-weird-guy-okayama-spirit-2-private-pre-order
http://www.blueowl.us/products/ninj...vedge-denim-weird-guy-fit?variant=22967407297

Treo360

The main problem with STF is that it's a pretty niche market. I don't know of any major brands that have STF jeans outside Levi's. The main US stores that sell the more niche brands that have STF (or unsanforized) denim are Blue In Green, Blue Owl and Selvedge.

These stores are in a few major cities (Selfedge seems to be the biggest, with stores in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and Portland). They all sell jeans online as well though.

The upside is that all the stores should have extensive measurements of the jeans that help you a lot with the fit. But expect to pay $200+. That's obviously the downside of niche stuff.

Edit: Though Naked and Famous has some decent stuff that's between $100 and $200.
Ie:
https://tateandyoko.com/collections...-weird-guy-okayama-spirit-2-private-pre-order
http://www.blueowl.us/products/ninj...vedge-denim-weird-guy-fit?variant=22967407297
thanks! I'm about a half hour or so away from nyc so that won't be too much of a hassle to check out what's there. I have to say that after trying out unsanforized and then getting prewashed, the concept of having your jeans mold to your shape almost right away is great, so much so that I won't go back to prewash if I don't have to.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Bought a pair of G-Star RAW super slims from Nordstrom. Holy shit I'm converted. They form to my muscular legs so fucking good.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
A.P.C.s use the shittiest construction on both the inseam and selvedge. I repair them all the time and literally fight to keep the shit together.

I picked up some Joe's vintage fit from Nordstrom Rack on sale from $180 to $80 and they're the best jeans I've ever had. I wear them every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom