• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: NX prototype had a 6.2" 720p multi-touch screen, 2 USB ports on dock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Na, there will be a press event for sure.

Maybe the public reveal will be a Direct, but there will definitely be a live event for the press. Whether they stream it or not is irrelevant.

The idea of a live event being noticed more by public than a Direct is weird though. Directs have lots of reach (though they needs to bring it back) and for people at home, there's zero differenc

Less exciting than a direct keynote. Unveiling a new console through a direct ? come on :/

A Direct would allow them more control and avoid any potential tumbleweed moments if a live crowd didn't know what the fuck it was. But if a live crowd did "get it" and and a massive cheer erupted, they would lose that moment.

Yeah, but I can't shake the feeling that folks are more interested and easily impressed by a big stage showcase with a professional speaker addressing real people in an audience than even the same person just talking to a camera in a pre-recorded video, you know?

Directs you can guarantee a good show... Last thing Nintendo needs is another Miyamoto failing to have his sword swings register.

MCN

Banned
I want Nintendo World 2016, but it's far too late to be announcing that. Those are usually announced around June/July.

ggx2ac

I must be the only one that wants a Digital Event plus Treehouse Live.

No one here will be fine with just the reveal. See some gameplay to get prepared for waiting 6 months.

The_Lump

Banned
As time goes on I can't help but wonder if they'll just drop a Direct on us instead of a major conference.

It'll be awesome, but my concern is the lack of a reach as it feels like the masses will pay less attention to a Direct than a live conference. I dunno.

I think it will be a Digital Event to unveil the console, name it, release date etc and later a streamed hands-on press/public event in their world store or something, with playable games, treehouse members showing us the concept of the console and what have you. This is where they'll showcase the launch lineup. I'm thinking something akin to their e3 offering, just with "NX +launch games" being the focus instead of Zelda :)

Edit: ^^ggx2ac I'm with you buddy!

No one here will be fine with just the reveal. See some gameplay to get prepared for waiting 6 months.

No you Soulless bad guy, I do too. Matter of fact, your idea is what Nintendo needs to do! Tree house live after the direct, getting sexy closeups of the NX system <3 I'm so ready!

Tregard

Soothsayer
At this point I anticipate a Press Release alongside an exclusive interview with the New York Times.

Low ball those expectations, folks.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I want Nintendo World 2016, but it's far too late to be announcing that. Those are usually announced around June/July.

I still remember all the "It's much better for Nintendo to not show it at E3 and instead to organize its own big event, SpaceWorld 2016 here we come!".

I think this is the most likely format, doubled with private events for showing it to the press in NA and Europe.

I don't see them doing a live event since there will be no live audience... If they go with a digital event, I'd expect the same for the those presentation... See the videos they have on eshop to promote games like Yoshi's island woolly world.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

I haven't even considered a Treehouse Live after the reveal.

That would be most preferred!

At this point they could announce it from the moon and I wouldn't care. I just want them to announce something!

Drove past Nintendo HQ in Kyoto on a coach trip today and got dem NX feels. I was probably a few hundred feet away from what in my imagination was a cavalcade of exciting games being readied for launch.

Mr Swine

Banned
Kimishima - "Today. Today is the day I will tell them... No. I shall wait. They shall wait. They shall all wait."

Inside Kimishimas head...

Lennie "Nintendo plan"

Marge "Gaffers needs NX"

Lennie "Nintendo plan"

Marge "Gaffers needs NX"

Lennie "Nintendo plan"

Marge "Gaffers needs NX"

And so on...

ggx2ac

926074.jpg

930412.jpg

932581.jpg

932747.jpg

933415.jpg

933915.jpg

936751.jpg

940422.jpg

ozfunghi

As much as i enjoy some Simspons, let's try not to get this thread locked within 2 or 3 days of posting. Already some threadwhiners are asking for a lock.

wrowa

As much as i enjoy some Simspons, let's try not to get this thread locked within 2 or 3 days of posting. Already some threadwhiners are asking for a lock.

It'll inevitably happen anyway. The thread is nearly 60 pages long despite there not being any follow ups on the rumor and everything that can be said has been said in endless repetition. The only thing that's left is the descent into the spamland crazyness followed by Modbot's lock. There's no other way this thread can go without further news/rumors since there's just not anything else to talk about.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

well the last Simpson one was great.
btw, it is the destiny of such threads to be locked. there is no additional news compared to what initially was a rumor by twitter about rumors heard with possible specs of old prototypes...I mean...

ggx2ac

It's usually not Simpsons jokes from what I see.

I think it's when I see people going, "When is Nintendo going to reveal the NX!?", "I'm so thirsty", "Reveal the NX now Nintendo!" etc

Repeatedly for two pages or so.

I can't wait until the reveal happens and I'm constantly refreshing like 10 open tabs for the Reveal Thread, Smash Bros. HD Thread, BotW NX, and all of the other crazy titles to be announced! As for the rumors, I do trust Emily and I think she's smart to include the fact that it was indeed a prototype she saw. I do find this interesting, however. I wonder if it was seen during the prototyping, or maybe it was a prototype dev kit? I feel like leaks usually happen on the production line of the final product, so this is a pretty neat twist.

Hermii

I will put poke-bucks down and say Smash 4 complete will be a day one NX game.

Exept it will be called "Smash for NX", and have additional content and better graphics. Would 4k be a pipedream if there are no other improvements than resolution? Probably.

tolkir

At least NX is March 2017, but Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem mobile games release this year and we don't know anything either.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215172600&postcount=1623

As reported by daakusedo, Nico A. said he heard of the event being "around September 20th". Well, it won't take that long to verify if he heard correctly: an event happening around that date should mean press invites going during this week. That is, if it's a normal press event; if it's a Digital Event with no concurrent press event, no need for press invites.

As reported by daakusedo, Nico A. said he heard of the event being "around September 20th". Well, it won't take that long to verify if he heard correctly: an event happening around that date should mean press invites going during this week. That is, if it's a normal press event; if it's a Digital Event with no concurrent press event, no need for press invites.

Curious. Though Nico Wav teased another Wii U exclusive that never came IIRC.

Tregard

Soothsayer

I don't know if I'm ready to be hurt again...

BY2K

Membero Americo
Nicowav that teased devil third exclusive, tphd, botw details among other things said during a stream, the reveal would be around september 20th.
And while we're at it, also said retro studio has two projects and both are from existing series...

Who? Said what about BotW? WHERE!?

TLZ

Banned
I think people are obsessed too much with this dock thing.
I believe the eg rumor but they were talking about an old prototype and it's possible that this dock was made just to have a single unit for both handheld and big screen gaming at the same time for developers.
It's more likely that Nintendo releases an home version of the nx than a random dock that would probably be to expensive to sell it individually anyway.

My thoughts all along as well.

Mexen

I posted an update from the previous ones several pages ago, but no one seemed to care. Maybe it was because it wasn't finished, maybe it was because it was a bad idea. If the thread keeps going I plan to create a new one that factors most of the solid leaks and insider info.

Ok, cool. That would be great, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom