• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 DLC: Automatron ($10), WW ($5), Far Harbor ($25), More; Season Pass -> $50

It's Bethesda. No matter what they do there's a very vocal crowd who are always complaining.

I'm a huge fallout fan and I never go into these threads. You can't just fucking like the game without twelve people jumping down your throat to tell you how disappointed they were with a game they were sure they wouldn't like. Kinda sad.

that's their way of supporting loyal fans huh?

waiting for goty edition, only one that sounds good is Far Harbor and that looks to be overpriced

People are... happy about this? This looks like shit. Why the hell are those prices so high? The first two DLCs aren't even story DLCs like in past Fallout games. WTF. And 24.99 for the third DLC? That's insane.

Edit: Also what a cheap ass tactic to raise the season pass price. Omg buy now before it's too late!!!1 LMAO.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Meh

I will wait for the GOTY Edition in November/December since I'm not itching to get back into Fallout 4.

If you added the 5 DLC packs for Fallout 3 the total cost was 50$. I guess because they are making it more expensive outside of the season pass people are getting upset? If you do not want to get it at 30$ then don't! You just make yourself pay more if the content is something you find interesting.

For me personally, I think this stuff looks awesome and for the 24 bucks I paid for the season pass it is still cheaper than buying the first set of DLC (which I know I would do anyways, season pass or not!)

But we don't know if it's something that we find interesting, it's not even out yet. It's a tax for not impulse buying.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
For people complaining about the price, why not get the SP for $30? We'll get at least two more expansions like Far Harbor.
Seems like a fair price to me. It's like $10 each, plus the gameplay stuff.

Plum

After Hearts of Stone and after Point Lookout/Old World Blues I'm not all that hyped for Far Harbor. The core gameplay of FO4 isn't enough to bring me back and I seriously doubt the writing is going to be as good as HoS. It can't be THAT much bigger than Old World Blues/Point Lookout, and even if it is it's not offering up a different enough setting to really interest me. Looks like I'll get this for £8 a year or so down the line. I'm not falling for the price hike when I'm never going to buy the other DLC and we don't know what's going to be released later on.

Unai

It's a lose-lose situation. Either you buy it early without knowing how the DLC content is going to turn out or you wait until reviews and risk paying a $20 late fee.

"But what if all of the DLC is really good???" then you get a good deal, I guess. But when has that ever happened? Opinions on Fallout 3 DLC seem to drastically range from "pretty good" (Point Lookout) to "boring crap" (Operation Anchorage). There's no real way to know how these will turn out.

I would buy than anyway to judge by myself so I'm ok having already bought the season pass even if the DLCs are not that good.

RPGam3r

Great game, and it looks like an amazing Season of DLC. Glad I already purchased the DLC a long time back at the launch.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
But we don't know if it's something that we find interesting, it's not even out yet. It's a tax for not impulse buying.

The descriptions of the first release that were in the OP sound good to me! I have played bethesda DLC before and found it worth my time and money in the past.

johntown

Banned
Far Harbor is really the only one that interests me. Sure the others are neat and I will play them for sure but I don't really care about them.

I already have the season pass so the more DLC the better but I am hoping for more new lands/expansive type DLC and not addons to the already created area.

taco543

Not going to lie totally has all my interest. Seems like they're actually trying to make the dlc as fun as possible and as much of a bang for your buck as possible.

15strong

It's an amazing deal in comparison to the lazy phoned in DLC we've been seeing recently. I expected more from Bethesda, the company that gave us Shivering Isles and all those great story based DLCs for FO3.

Crafting and settlements has ruined this series. That shit should be free with mods, not part of the season pass.
They are creating an entire new landmass that is larger then any expansion they have done before. It's a large story based dlc. If you like dlc like shivering isles, isn't this exactly true type of content you want?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
that means nothing considering half of the DLC hasn't been announced yet and sounding interesting is different than actually being good

for the price of waiting on the season pass I can get the first set of DLC and be set for any other DLC they will be releasing. To me it is worth it. You can wait to see if its good and if it is pay the price you woulda paid for the whole kit and kabootle!

They are creating an entire new landmass that is larger then any expansion they have done before. It's a large story based dlc. If you like dlc like shivering isles, isn't this exactly true type of content you want?

Seriously! They said the size is "the biggest landmass added in DLC ever"!

Far harbor sounds the best but I swear to god if every quest is "go here, kill everyone, get item, come back"....

This is my biggest concern

Alucrid

Banned
Oh. From the write ups I thought I was interested in them. Luckily coffee dog showed me I was wrong and not interested. You almost got me Bethesda.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You know, reading this, it doesn't seem to rule out the idea they'd put out a second season pass for more DLC in 2017.

Gemüsepizza;195486185 said:
People are... happy about this? This looks like shit. Why the hell are those prices so high? The first two DLCs aren't even story DLCs like in past Fallout games. WTF. And 24.99 for the third DLC? That's insane.

Edit: Also what a cheap ass tactic to raise the season pass price. Omg buy now before it's too late!!!1 LMAO.

Shivering Isles was about the price of Far Harbor. They claim Far Harbor is their biggest DLC landmass. I don't see the issue with the price.

Far harbor sounds the best but I swear to god if every quest is "go here, kill everyone, get item, come back"....

90% chance it will be. I love a lot of what Bethesda does, but their quest design has become complete shit, and they don't have strong enough writing to make up for it like the Witcher 3.

"Hey, you know that part of our game that nobody likes? We're forcing everyone who bought the season pass to pay money for more of that crap!"

I would have rather saved $5 and just get that one lone pathetic story based DLC.

That you don't like. If nobody liked it then it probably wouldn't be in the game, and it certainly wouldn't be dlc. Crafting is actually one of the main things most praise about the game.

If it irks you that much, buy the expansion individually.

Garlador

Gemüsepizza;195486185 said:

If you get the Season Pass now, you save so much!
get

... My personal rule to get all Bethesda games as GOTY versions for $20 after over a year of patching continues to pay off.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
After Hearts of Stone and after Point Lookout/Old World Blues I'm not all that hyped for Far Harbor. The core gameplay of FO4 isn't enough to bring me back and I seriously doubt the writing is going to be as good as HoS. It can't be THAT much bigger than Old World Blues/Point Lookout, and even if it is it's not offering up a different enough setting to really interest me. Looks like I'll get this for £8 a year or so down the line. I'm not falling for the price hike when I'm never going to buy the other DLC and we don't know what's going to be released later on.
Point Lookout and Old World Blues are the gold standard for Bethesda DLC. Dragonborn was good, but should have been $15 not $20.
Dawnguard would have been good for a $10 DLC, but not $20.

I actually liked Operation Anchorage. Only because the armor set and gauss rifle was so awesome!

Good on them. The market needs to be tested and not constrained to these arbitrary dollar figures. The market will bear out if that is a reasonable price or not, going forward.

I am only interested in the story DLC... but I wonder if this is the only story DLC they will make?

Presumably, this season pass just comes with the DLC listed here, and not DLC planned for further down the road, right?

If the Season Pass included all future DLC, then $30 for Far Harbor + another story DLC would be an insane thing to pass up. I just feel like that is too good to be true.

Have £13 in my Game loyalty card. Will purchase this post haste.

Far Harbour sounds interesting. The other two I really appeal (Loved the building settlements) but can see people avoiding them who didn't like the building aspect of the game

Sounds cool but Witcher 3 is setting the bar really high when it comes to season pass content for an RPG.

while I'm not the biggest witcher 3 fan, this comment is on point. taking care of their customers. other companies whining about shareholders and needing microtransactions to survive while the witcher guys are flat out showing that this isn't true in the slightest.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Bethesda's hitting you with the upsell (a $25 expansion means I get all the DLC for $5!!! WHAT VALUE!) when the issue is the DLC costing $25 in the first place.

Which is fair, and you're absolutely right -- I won't be able to tell if I feel like it's worth $25 until I play it / it's released.

So it's a gamble, really. But buying DLC pre-release always is. I remember the $30 expansion packs from back in the day. Granted, those were always a TON of content -- but I'm willing to give Bethesda the benefit of the doubt that it'll be worth it.

Far Harbor sounds good, but Fallout 4's quests and story bored the hell out of me. I'll get it but I'm only really in it for the landmass.

Price hike is kind of goofy, though. Why not put up another season pass for more content later? $50 is such an offputting price for a content pack, especially when two of them sound like they could have been done by modders and one is still unannounced.

That's the thing: "they claim"

They also claimed that Dawnguard would be the size of a full expansion.

Um yeah.....

Well I guess how do you define what a full expansion should be? More of a nebulous concept than land mass. Granted the landmass could be barren, but they've done good work in the past that has been worth that amount.

jacobeid

Banned
Eh, guess I'll grab it for $24 on GMG now.

Edit: Nevermind, fuck that. All I want is story DLC so as it stands I might as well just wait to see what the last $20 of content will be.

Ah yes, the consistency that brought us Anchorage and Dawnguard.

Obviously the post is IMO, and IMO, they have delivered more and better support for their titles via DLC than just about any other developer.

I had no problem with either of those, even if they weren't my favorites.

If anything, the only one in recent memory I didn't care for was the alien spaceship DLC for Fallout 3.

120v

bleh. just as i expected... "workshop" DLCs along with one real expansion.

far harbor is about the price i paid for the season pass, so it's a wash i guess

Top Bottom