• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
(oops posted in the wrong thread)

didn't realize Liveprool lost today, guess it makes those three draws a lot easier to swallow
Those draws were mostly acceptable except for the Leicester one. That was annoying but aside from that we've had a very good start to our league run. Need to beat Spurs next week though before that horrid Stamford Bridge trip.

Linius

Just wondering, Bundes Gaf, what do you think of Wolfgang Stark? Because he really did a piss job on our game vs PSG.

Should have gone with the Platini title, was too good not to. :(

I think you're circling around the question without asking it, what is Henderson's best position and what is the best position for Liverpool to have him?

The second part of that I mean he probably does best as a RCM from his point of view, in terms of world football however will he ever be world class there? Don't see it personally as I have annoyingly mentioned a few times now (sorry). :) I think he has the tools to be a good or potentially very good DM, his reading of the game isn't top notch for me but as you say he has an engine and gets about well with some good tackles. Gerrard for me is gone but could be a very good impact sub in the second striker role or out wide.

I would try something like this out when available for the middle/front:

Henderson - Allen

Lallana - Coutinho - Sterling

Sturridge

I don't think he'll be world class at all, but he can be, and is, a very important player for us when the team is ticking. His best position imo is ahead of a DM, roaming about between said DM and the tip of the diamond, using his stamina to constantly move to the wings and basically move to wherever he thinks gives him the best chance of picking the ball up in space and kickstarting attacks

The problem with that system is, it's absolutely reliant on the DM behind him being trustworthy on his own, so he doesn't have to sprint back 50 yards every time we lose the ball on the assumption that Gerrard won't be able to prevent the counter from becoming a chance. I fucking wish we had Mascherano or someone.

As the more advanced of the Gerrard/Lucas/Henderson trio today, he was fucked from the start. If he stands behind the solid line that West Ham implemented cutting off our forwards from the midfield, there's no way he's getting on the ball with those two in this form. If he goes back to pick the ball up himself, he doesn't have the ability running with the ball to break past that line himself. And with the passing throughout the team as fucked as it was today, that scuppered any chances of tight interplay getting us in space in their half.

It got much better in the second half (though not good enough) with Lallana proving the close control and small shifts of the ball to get us some time and space with the ball, and with that Henderson started having more of an influence.

He's a very important cog in the machine, but he's not a mechanic who can single-handedly fix the issues I just outlined, issues which have been threatening to come to the fore for a while now. Those mechanics are the world class players, in case the metaphor was too reaching and awkward to be understood :p

I think that suggested formation wouldn't get the best out of any of them except for Sturridge and Coutinho tbh, and Coutinho doesn't deserve to have the formation weakened in some areas to get the best from him imo.

jtb

Banned
Those draws were mostly acceptable except for the Leicester one. That was annoying but aside from that we've had a very good start to our league run. Need to beat Spurs next week though before that horrid Stamford Bridge trip.

Everton draw was good since we really should have lost that one. but City was very disappointing to lose, especially considering how well we played in the community shield. Though I guess, compared to last season's results, we're slightly improved (L to Everton, drew against City), so not too much reason to panic yet.

also a little worried how the CL group will play out. I really don't want to finish 2nd in the group again.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Oblak is probably Atletico's only shitty transfer during the past window. It's just he was expensive, from a big club, and at a key position.

Zabojnik

Not a single inspired player on the pitch tonight. Almost glad I get to miss the second half.

Bring Coman and Morata on pls.

Suen

Worst title ever Linius. Fuck off.

Lolerpool are proper jokes hahaha. All it took was a biting cunt and they now look like a Championship side. Enjoy not winning the league for several more decades with Slippy G.

Madrid beat Deportivo so fucking bad today that keit4 forgot that they ever existed and went all Barca. 2-8 is a harsh result though but I'm glad we did well.

Granada beating Bilbao at home is the biggest surprise tonight. How did they do it!?

Celta de Vigo scoring the equaliser! Hold your defense guys and fuck Atletico! prinny is awesome though.

Milan can fuck off. Fuck Menez, that rotten cunt. FORZA JUVE!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Awful title.

Just realized that even if they scored 8, Real still conceded 2 against fucking Deportivo. Loool

miserable

My name is no longer in the wall of shame

what a shame

641%20-%20lobster_head%20macro%20pointing%20sheamus%20wwe.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ogbonna is going to play on the right side of a back three for the first time ever and against SES? OH BABY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom