• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League : F2P fantasy football 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ well put, glad our over-seas guy stuck with us :)

Great season everybody! We're down to it now. One more week of regular season (already a battle for the Sacko of JL1 Gaming Division for me), no more byes, just straight up fantasy from here on out. Good job again.

Now to go check out the waiver wire :p

Edit: AFK update (aka the Weekly Bummer Report)
JL1: 2 this week, Ponder has reached the 3 AFK threshold. Splain yoself! (Llamas had his 4th)
JL2: 4 this week :( nobody reached the limit, but Bombers, D, and Eric continue to not play (5+ each)
JL3: 3 this week, nobody reached the limit, Anthrax had his 4th and TSF Mad Dogs leads the AFK race for all 3 leagues with an impressive and very irritating 7

surely FashionGAF has a Heidi Klum "you're out" gif I can use for this
And once again, I should have a record of when you've been assessed an AFK so if you want to dispute any of your AFK's that's fine, I'll probably let it slide. The real problem is the people who continue to get AFK's and don't even pay attention or care enough to realize that they're doing it or that it's a problem.
other than that, cheers GJL!

So that's 7 people that hit the AFK limit. Does that mean the team with the worst record (that didn't reach that limit) from each league go to GJL3? Or will the 3 people closest to the AFK limit go to GJL3 (since I'm sure there are close to 3 people that has 2 AFK games)

Vyer

I underestimated the depths to which the Texans had plunged. And that's saying a lot.

Ah well. At least I will hopefully finish the season better than it began. That first week win-not-a-win was an ominous sign after all. Lots of bad luck in JL for me this year.

Look forward to seeing how it plays out for everyone.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
^^ lol yeah that really did suck, thanks for taking one for the consistency of the league

So that's 7 people that hit the AFK limit. Does that mean the team with the worst record (that didn't reach that limit) from each league go to GJL3? Or will the 3 people closest to the AFK limit go to GJL3 (since I'm sure there are close to 3 people that has 2 AFK games)

Yeah it's something like 7 or so (edit: it's 9 actually, 3 from each league as of right now, that would be a nice round number), I'm assuming (hoping) that a few people will get to slide cause they'll only have 3 and have a valid reason for 1 or 2 or something like that. As to your question, I think I'll still go by our final records (as long as you don't reach the limit). I don't plan to put somebody with no AFK's and a worse record ahead of somebody with 2 AFK's but a better record if that's what you're getting at.

After that, everybody gets assigned to their leagues (top 1/3 of each league into JL1, middle 1/3 into JL2, bottom 1/3 into JL3), drop out the AFK's and bump everybody else up accordingly (although I kind of doubt many if any problem AFK people will make it into JL2 anyway, but we'll see)

Arkos

Damnit I picked up Detroit's kicker off of waivers and then forget to set my lineup with all the traveling and shit. Damn!! Back to the wire for another kicker I guess

Arkos

What an awesome start against an AFK team....

Bahaha holy shit that's crazy. I've seen at least one team win a game with a player actually on bye, so be careful. It's like, "Even a broken clock is right twice a day." Good luck though.

Hope Run loses cuz he's trying to diss my team. I'm in the playoffs fool. You might not be. hahaha.

Looks like my team is gonna get hosed by missing the bye. If only I were in the other division I'd beat SHP on h2h if he loses this week. Hope I can win my first playoff game. Don't wanna be stuck with Run in GJL2.

Jayhawk

Hope Run loses cuz he's trying to diss my team. I'm in the playoffs fool. You might not be. hahaha.

Looks like my team is gonna get hosed by missing the bye. If only I were in the other division I'd beat SHP on h2h if he loses this week. Hope I can win my first playoff game. Don't wanna be stuck with Run in GJL2.

I am now rooting for you to make it to the playoffs and eventually face SHP and lose.

Arkos

trashtalkingintensifies.gif

I also sat Emanuel Sanders, and of course he catches a TD GAAAHHH we have a battle on our hands for last place in JL1 Gaming, Ponder ain't got shit!

I'm not dissing your team in the least. I actually think you have a better chance than Russell. I just said that because I've never heard anyone who's going to the playoff say ANOTHER team is going to win it all. If you're in the playoffs, you should think you're gonna win it all!!!

Edit: nvm, forgot Russell had Charles. He's still a force. But my point still stands!

Bahaha holy shit that's crazy. I've seen at least one team win a game with a player actually on bye, so be careful. It's like, "Even a broken clock is right twice a day." Good luck though.

Yeah, i think that was against me too (Team Gill blew me out during his AFK days). I wonder what my record would be if I didn't have the highest PTS Against in the league....

I'm not dissing your team in the least. I actually think you have a better chance than Russell. I just said that because I've never heard anyone who's going to the playoff say ANOTHER team is going to win it all. If you're in the playoffs, you should think you're gonna win it all!!!

I'm gonna get bounced week 1. My matchups aren't very good at all. Russ has been on a tear and I don't see that changing. Sure, I hope I win(at least a game) but it's highly unlikely.

I'm gonna get bounced week 1. My matchups aren't very good at all. Russ has been on a tear and I don't see that changing. Sure, I hope I win(at least a game) but it's highly unlikely.

If everything stays the same, it looks like you'd be playing me Week 1. I think your team would do a lot better than you think, but you can go ahead and be right if you want :lol

Arkos

Yeah, i think that was against me too (Team Gill blew me out during his AFK days). I wonder what my record would be if I didn't have the highest PTS Against in the league....

Lol I feel like I'm always near the bottom of points for and near the top of points against. I'm pretty sure I'm at least top/bottom 4 for both. It's a b, but it also means its not all our fault :p Edit: 2nd to last in points for and 4th in points against haha

Ready for the games! Looks like we're in for some fireworks. Peezy is sticking with SGH (with one person played lol). Looking forward to seeing who makes it and who doesn't. Good luck everybody

Edit: fuck a 6 time AFK team (Team D) can make the playoffs in JL2 lol. Frank Gore Waifu Pillow, you know what needs to be done.
Edit 2: Oh geez another 6 time AFK team (TSF) can win the Gaming division in JL3, what do GJL? What do (probably nothing I'm not going to affect outcomes I don't think, we'll just let it ride and kick them out afterwards I guess) Everybody pull for the Butt Fumblers and Deimon Devil Dogs!

Edit 3: damnit Ellington is out! After I accidentally picked up Feely and didn't play him I had to waste another spot dropping a player to fit another kicker on my roster, now I'm going to have to drop another player just to fit a shitty one-week RB on. :( don't steal all my guys from the waiver wire I'm going to be getting them back lol

Lol I feel like I'm always near the bottom of points for and near the top of points against. I'm pretty sure I'm at least top/bottom 4 for both. It's a b, but it also means its not all our fault :p Edit: 2nd to last in points for and 4th in points against haha

Ready for the games! Looks like we're in for some fireworks. Peezy is sticking with SGH (with one person played lol). Looking forward to seeing who makes it and who doesn't. Good luck everybody

Edit: fuck a 6 time AFK team (Team D) can make the playoffs in JL2 lol. Frank Gore Waifu Pillow, you know what needs to be done.
Edit 2: Oh geez another 6 time AFK team (TSF) can win the Gaming division in JL3, what do GJL? What do (probably nothing I'm not going to affect outcomes I don't think, we'll just let it ride and kick them out afterwards I guess) Everybody pull for the Butt Fumblers and Deimon Devil Dogs!

Edit 3: damnit Ellington is out! After I accidentally picked up Feely and didn't play him I had to waste another spot dropping a player to fit another kicker on my roster, now I'm going to have to drop another player just to fit a shitty one-week RB on. :( don't steal all my guys from the waiver wire I'm going to be getting them back lol
How the hell is an 6-time AFK team winning a division???

Arkos

How the hell is an 6-time AFK team winning a division???

Lol beats me man. I'll discount double check his AFKs, but it's mostly because the Gaming division in JL3 is going to be won by a 7-6 team, OT is very OP in JL3 apparently

Time to rip ass! Only had my kicker player and he scored 19 so i'm confident going into this. I ain't letting no afk'ers jump me for my damn playoff spot.

Arkos

Fake edit lol holy shit Mike Glennon. As a person who has a close friend who is a VT fan, I can't say I'm surprised. Fits right in to the Glennon lineage :p

As for the playoffs here's how I think it's going to go.

1. The loser's bracket, I'm going to let it use the ESPN ladder formula for the first two weeks. Then, in the final week I will attempt to reseed everybody according to their overall record > head to head record > total points for, and set up 3v4, 5v6, etc all the way to 11v12 match ups for the final week. So I'll just play the BCS, ensuring that the final week is head to head match ups of people fighting for seeds.

2. As for the winner's bracket, I'm trying to decide between 3 teams from each division making the playoffs, regardless of record, and 2 teams from each division being guaranteed the playoffs with the last spots being "wild card" according to record (so you could have 4 teams from one division in the playoffs depending on the league). I'm leaning towards the latter, I'm not sure what ESPN's standard settings are, feedback is appreciated. Edit: ESPN's settings are the latter, so I guess I'm just making sure that this is okay with everybody and that everybody understands how it's gonna work.

If you have any ideas about the playoffs then throw em out there, this is your last chance. And throw it to LaFell Cam!!

Fake edit lol holy shit Mike Glennon. As a person who has a close friend who is a VT fan, I can't say I'm surprised. Fits right in to the Glennon lineage :p

As for the playoffs here's how I think it's going to go.

2. As for the winner's bracket, I'm trying to decide between 3 teams from each division making the playoffs, regardless of record, and 2 teams from each division being guaranteed the playoffs with the last spots being "wild card" according to record (so you could have 4 teams from one division in the playoffs depending on the league). I'm leaning towards the latter, I'm not sure what ESPN's standard settings are, feedback is appreciated. Edit: ESPN's settings are the latter, so I guess I'm just making sure that this is okay with everybody and that everybody understands how it's gonna work.

Huh? After the division winners(2 byes). Why is it it not the next 4 best teams? I think you're trying to make this far tougher than it needs to be.

I'd also suggest teams 7 and 8 get a bye in the consolations and have 9 play 12 and 10 play 11. 7 and 8 get into GJL1 unless one of the other teams wins the consolation in which case they get into GJL2...which pretty much makes it so team 7 gets into GJL2 as well regardless of outcome.

I really don't like you sending the losers of the winners bracket into the consolation bracket. If you want some complicated playoff scenario involving all the teams, which like it sounds like you want to do. You should of given the top 4 teams a bye and extended the playoffs a week and had 5 play 12, 6 play 11, 7-10, 8-9.

Basically the whole regular season was a waste if you start putting the top 6 with the bottom 6. All anyone was really playing for then was the 2 byes which really isn't or shouldn't be the case. Under your system the 3rd or 4th best team in the regular season could have a few bad weeks and end up in JL3.

Arkos

Huh? After the division winners(2 byes). Why is it it not the next 4 best teams? I think you're trying to make this far tougher than it needs to be.

I'd also suggest teams 7 and 8 get a bye in the consolations and have 9 play 12 and 10 play 11. 7 and 8 get into GJL1 unless one of the other teams wins the consolation in which case they get into GJL2...which pretty much makes it so team 7 gets into GJL2 as well regardless of outcome.

I really don't like you sending the losers of the winners bracket into the consolation bracket. If you want some complicated playoff scenario involving all the teams, which like it sounds like you want to do. You should of given the top 4 teams a bye and extended the playoffs a week and had 5 play 12, 6 play 11, 7-10, 8-9.

Basically the whole regular season was a waste if you start putting the top 6 with the bottom 6. All anyone was really playing for then was the 2 byes which really isn't or shouldn't be the case. Under your system the 3rd or 4th best team in the regular season could have a few bad weeks and end up in JL3.

Hmm I'm not understanding some of your arguments, while I'm agreeing with others. I'm actually letting ESPN.com handle all of the playoffs except for the last week, so it's pretty simple honestly (I think at least)

Perhaps it is just the best 4 teams after the two division winners, I agree that that is the way it should be. In practice this is usually going to mean at least two teams from each division with a possibility of 4 from one division, maybe that's more what I meant to say. If it worked out to be 5 teams from one division, would that be cool with everybody?

7 and 8 can get a bye if that's what we want, but it's the top 4 of each league that gets in to JL1, so 7 and 8 won't be going to JL1 either way. The last 4 standing in the playoffs (i.e. the people left after the first week of the playoffs) are who gets into JL1, 5-8 get in to JL2, 9-12 get into JL3. So I don't really think the 7 & 8 bye is necessary or going to accomplish what you're hoping.

I don't think putting the losers from the winners' bracket into the loser's bracket is going to have the effect that you think. Final ranking is still based off of your overall record. If you lose in the playoffs, then yeah you're still going to have meaningful games to play that could ultimately cause you to slip a spot or two if you lose them all, I think it's important to make these final games remain important for everybody. But somebody going from 4th overall to JL3 (as per your example) is pretty much impossible I think. And if you limp into the playoffs and then lose your final 3 games, well maybe you should be ranked a little lower than your making the playoffs might suggest. But we'd be talking going from 4 to 6 or something, not 4 to 9+. But as you can see, these final games can affect whether the teams around 4-6 make it into JL1 or 2, that's the point, for these games to still be meaningful.

And, like I said I intend to intervene to make the final week 3v4, 5v6, etc all the way to 11v12, because in the previous two weeks they will have had a chance to play the 7v12 8v11 9v10 schedule you seem to be talking about.

If anything I think this system makes the regular season more important, because it's not just whether or not you make it into the playoffs, your overall record remains important to your final seeding throughout.

I appreciate the feedback though, does my explanation allay any of your fears? If not please continue the conversation, I want to make sure everybody's okay with what we're doing.

Edit: I'll continue trying to give you guys as much info as I can, if you have any questions about stats, settings, schedule, ranking, etc just ask. I think everything is making pretty good sense right now though (to me at least lol)

Arkos

I knew I shouldn't have played Desean against AZ, but I went with the Espn estimate.
Blah. Have Decker on my bench in another league.

Lol ouch. I went the opposite way and didn't play AZ DEF cause I was afraid of Philly (not that it helped, NE DEF for 1 point lol)

Hmm I'm not understanding some of your arguments, while I'm agreeing with others. I'm actually letting ESPN.com handle all of the playoffs except for the last week, so it's pretty simple honestly (I think at least)

Perhaps it is just the best 4 teams after the two division winners, I agree that that is the way it should be. In practice this is usually going to mean at least two teams from each division with a possibility of 4 from one division, maybe that's more what I meant to say. If it worked out to be 5 teams from one division, would that be cool with everybody?

7 and 8 can get a bye if that's what we want, but it's the top 4 of each league that gets in to JL1, so 7 and 8 won't be going to JL1 either way. The last 4 standing in the playoffs (i.e. the people left after the first week of the playoffs) are who gets into JL1, 5-8 get in to JL2, 9-12 get into JL3. So I don't really think the 7 & 8 bye is necessary or going to accomplish what you're hoping.

I don't think putting the losers from the winners' bracket into the loser's bracket is going to have the effect that you think. Final ranking is still based off of your overall record. If you lose in the playoffs, then yeah you're still going to have meaningful games to play that could ultimately cause you to slip a spot or two if you lose them all, I think it's important to make these final games remain important for everybody. But somebody going from 4th overall to JL3 (as per your example) is pretty much impossible I think. And if you limp into the playoffs and then lose your final 3 games, well maybe you should be ranked a little lower than your making the playoffs might suggest. But we'd be talking going from 4 to 6 or something, not 4 to 9+. But as you can see, these final games can affect whether the teams around 4-6 make it into JL1 or 2, that's the point, for these games to still be meaningful.

And, like I said I intend to intervene to make the final week 3v4, 5v6, etc all the way to 11v12, because in the previous two weeks they will have had a chance to play the 7v12 8v11 9v10 schedule you seem to be talking about.

If anything I think this system makes the regular season more important, because it's not just whether or not you make it into the playoffs, your overall record remains important to your final seeding throughout.

I appreciate the feedback though, does my explanation allay any of your fears? If not please continue the conversation, I want to make sure everybody's okay with what we're doing.

Edit: I'll continue trying to give you guys as much info as I can, if you have any questions about stats, settings, schedule, ranking, etc just ask. I think everything is making pretty good sense right now though (to me at least lol)
I'm not going to lie: I don't think I've read any of your walls of text talking about the playoffs. Is there a simple way to explain it, or a reason why it matters past the people that made the playoffs? I assumed it would just be that the top 6 ranks would change based on playoff success, while everyone else just keeps their regular season rankings (when determining GL1, 2, or 3 next year). Didn't know anyone cared about playing in a mini playoff to get ranked 10th instead of 11th....

Arkos

I'm not going to lie: I don't think I've read any of your walls of text talking about the playoffs. Is there a simple way to explain it, or a reason why it matters past the people that made the playoffs? I assumed it would just be that the top 6 ranks would change based on playoff success, while everyone else just keeps their regular season rankings (when determining GL1, 2, or 3 next year). Didn't know anyone cared about playing in a mini playoff to get ranked 10th instead of 11th....

Haha word, that's totally fine, I understand, maybe I need a good editor.

I assumed it would just be that the top 6 ranks would change based on playoff success, while everyone else just keeps their regular season rankings (when determining GL1, 2, or 3 next year)

I've always hated this formula though, because it means that the other 6 people don't matter and their season is effectively 3 weeks shorter. So that's why we'll have:

a mini playoff to get ranked 10th instead of 11th

It's not going to be very structured, basically just adding two weeks to the regular season for everybody else and then setting up 3v4, 5v6, 7v8, etc matchups on the final week (mainly to ensure that we have a clear Sacko winner)

The point of it is that the last 3 weeks matter for everybody, not just the 6 in the playoffs. The most you could move is probably like 2 spots in a best/worst case scenario, but that will really matter for the people around the borders of promotion/relegation (therefore the final 3 weeks remain theoretically important for everybody, whether it means moving up or down or ruining somebody else's chance to)

EDIT: and 1-6 (the playoff teams) are virtually guaranteed a spot in JL1 or 2 (or in the future, promotion or at least staying in the same league) depending on their playoff performance, so I don't see it being a real logistical or fairness problem or anything. Again, it's just to make the last 3 weeks important for everybody

Haha word, that's totally fine, I understand, maybe I need a good editor.

I've always hated this formula though, because it means that the other 6 people don't matter and their season is effectively 3 weeks shorter. So that's why we'll have:

It's not going to be very structured, basically just adding two weeks to the regular season for everybody else and then setting up 3v4, 5v6, 7v8, etc matchups on the final week (mainly to ensure that we have a clear Sacko winner)

The point of it is that the last 3 weeks matter for everybody, not just the 6 in the playoffs. The most you could move is probably like 2 spots in a best/worst case scenario, but that will really matter for the people around the borders of promotion/relegation (therefore the final 3 weeks remain theoretically important for everybody, whether it means moving up or down or ruining somebody else's chance to)
Isn't that the point of making the playoffs? To win or go home? Actual sports don't have some sort of consolidation prize to make the teams left out feel better, so why should we? It's already looking like everyone who isn't AFK is going to either JL1 or 2 anyways, so it isn't really that serious. Might as well just keep the ESPN version and be done with it

I say just run the consolation bracket like the winners bracket. The 2 finalist of the losers bracket get JL2...with the 2 losers of the Wild Card games of the Winners bracket.

7 and 8 being the best of the losers get a bye week 1. All they have to do is win a game against some inferior competition and they make JL2. There's still hope for the other consolation teams(9-12) if they can win 2 games to make the finals and thus get into JL2.

Everyone will get 2 games in the playoffs at least but it is not possible for every team to be playing in the 3rd week of the playoffs. If you lose your 1st game in 3/6 or 4/5 or 9/12, 10/11. You get to face the other loser and either end up in 5th, 6th, 11th or 12th place after just 2 weeks of the playoffs. Thus there will only be 4 games the final week and all for bragging rights of whatever place. 1/2 3/4 7/8 9/10. 5, 6, 11 and 12 already having been decided the week before. We'll know the leagues for next year after just 2 weeks so unless you really care about your place(you should in the championship) those other games aren't too important to the setup of the leagues next year.

Arkos

Isn't that the point of making the playoffs? To win or go home? Actual sports don't have some sort of consolidation prize to make the teams left out feel better, so why should we? It's already looking like everyone who isn't AFK is going to either JL1 or 2 anyways, so it isn't really that serious. Might as well just keep the ESPN version and be done with it

Yeah, I am keeping the ESPN version, just setting up those final week matchups. 3v4 is always going to be the same (the people who lost the previous week in the playoffs, the only real "consolation" game), 5v6 could vary slightly, but basically it is the ESPN version. I just thought it would be nice to have a clear matchup system for the final week, including the Championship and the Sacko, no? It really shouldn't change anything.

I'm not trying to undercut the playoffs and I don't think I am, like I said the most you can move is like 2 spots in a best/worst case scenario. So 12th place is still gonna be JL3 material, probably regardless of their "post season" performance. But it does give playoff teams an incentive to keep playing even after they lose.

EX: say a team is 4th going into the playoffs, but they lose all 3 games, while the team that was 6th gets to the Championship. In that scenario, it would be possible that the original 6 team gets into JL1 by jumping the original 4 team due to their poor performance, and the 4 team slips into JL2. But that's about as radical an outcome as can happen, and I also think that would be a just outcome right?

Arkos

One thing I don't think you guys understand is that ESPN's vanilla loser's bracket actually undercuts the real playoffs a lot more. In ESPN's settings, you move up a spot every game that you win, so you could easily finish ahead of a team with a better record just by having a better run in the "playoffs" (even if you're the 12 team. A 12 team that went on a run could jump all the way to 9 or something like that)

My goal is to make sure that everything is ultimately based on overall record. The teams that aren't in the playoffs get extra games to improve their standing, while the playoff teams are virtually guaranteed their top 6 spots unless they really fuck up (in which case they shouldn't keep their top 6 spot, I would say). That's why the final week will be reseeded, based not on ESPN's "ladder" loser's bracket playoffs but solely on overall record > head to head record > total points for.

Arkos

I say just run the consolation bracket like the winners bracket. The 2 finalist of the losers bracket get JL2...with the 2 losers of the Wild Card games of the Winners bracket.

7 and 8 being the best of the losers get a bye week 1. All they have to do is win a game against some inferior competition and they make JL2. There's still hope for the other consolation teams(9-12) if they can win 2 games to make the finals and thus get into JL2.

Everyone will get 2 games in the playoffs at least but it is not possible for every team to be playing in the 3rd week of the playoffs. If you lose your 1st game in 3/6 or 4/5 or 9/12, 10/11. You get to face the other loser and either end up in 5th, 6th, 11th or 12th place after just 2 weeks of the playoffs. Thus there will only be 4 games the final week and all for bragging rights of whatever place. 1/2 3/4 7/8 9/10. 5, 6, 11 and 12 already having been decided the week before. We'll know the leagues for next year after just 2 weeks so unless you really care about your place(you should in the championship) those other games aren't too important to the setup of the leagues next year.

That's exactly what I don't want though, I want everybody to have 16 meaningful games, whether they're 1st or last.

7 and 8 being the best of the losers get a bye week 1. All they have to do is win a game against some inferior competition and they make JL2
I say just run the consolation bracket like the winners bracket.

This is what I see as being soft on people who didn't make the playoffs. They didn't make the playoffs, they have to play to keep their spot, they don't get anything special for being 7th place lol, and they don't get the guaranteed structure of moving up with every win.

The only effect of continuing to have games for every team through all 16 weeks will be to provide a clearer picture of who the good teams are. Are you guys scared? :p

Edit: oh geez I need Cruz to have a big night or Ponder will probably overtake me :( he's got Brees tomorrow night and Morris tonight and I'm only 5 ahead with Cruz tonight and Colston tomorrow. Damn you Ponder!!

It's great you want everyone to have 16 games but there is no logistical way to have all 12 teams playing the final week. The only way that's possible is if you get rid of the the consolation bracket altogether and add a week of the playoffs with the top 4 getting a bye. And even under that circumstance there's only 4 teams playing in week 17(championship and third place), it also pretty much means the regular season is worthless since everyone makes the playoffs.

I'd really like to see the logistics to how you have everyone in a tournament setting where half the teams are divided 6 and 6 playing a meaningful game in week 16. It's not possible.

That's why the final week will be reseeded, based not on ESPN's "ladder" loser's bracket playoffs but solely on overall record > head to head record > total points for.

This makes no sense. Let's assume a 6-7 teams makes the winners bracket. They win 2 games to make it to 8-7. They should be in the championship game but you want them to play whom? Another 8-7 team?(as you say overall record)....or someone worse...4-11? Or someone better 10-5? I can't get my head around this whatsoever.

Arkos

It's great you want everyone to have 16 games but there is no logistical way to have all 12 teams playing the final week. The only way that's possible is if you get rid of the the consolation bracket altogether and add a week of the playoffs with the top 4 getting a bye. And even under that circumstance there's only 4 teams playing in week 17(championship and third place), it also pretty much means the regular season is worthless since everyone makes the playoffs.

I'd really like to see the logistics to how you have everyone in a tournament setting where half the teams are divided 6 and 6 playing a meaningful game in week 16. It's not possible.

I really appreciate your input, but have you looked at the ESPN playoff settings? Go and look at the projected playoffs. That's how it will work for the first 2 weeks, boom, simple. After those first two weeks, I'll just seed everybody according to overall record and not their "playoff" performance, and then we'll have at it. Even if I did nothing, everybody would be playing a game on week 16, so I'm not sure if you mean your statement literally or not.

And it's not a "tournament setting" for all 12 teams. It's more like, the playoffs are going on over here, and everybody else is having a round robin type deal over here just to have one last chance to move up or down.

I feel like we're talking past each other lol. I think I agree with what you're saying, but I also think that it is possible to have everybody playing a good game on week 16. Like I said there's gonna be a game for everybody on week 16 whether I do anything or not.

Also, we don't play on week 17, the championship is week 16.

Arkos

This makes no sense. Let's assume a 6-7 teams makes the winners bracket. They win 2 games to make it to 8-7. They should be in the championship game but you want them to play whom? Another 8-7 team?(as you say overall record)....or someone worse...4-11? Or someone better 10-5? I can't get my head around this whatsoever.

Lol no, the playoffs are separate from all this of course. If a 6-7 team makes the playoffs and wins 2 games, they are by definition in the championship game. Likewise, regardless of what happens, the final 3v4 matchup will always be between the two teams that lose in the second-to-last week of the playoffs.

The playoffs are cut off from all this and they operate according to normal playoff rules, and nobody from outside the playoffs will be jumping into the playoffs or anything, everything I'm talking about is solely about how we're going to make the loser's bracket still interesting.

I really appreciate your input, but have you looked at the ESPN playoff settings? Go and look at the projected playoffs. That's how it will work for the first 2 weeks, boom, simple. After those first two weeks, I'll just seed everybody according to overall record and not their "playoff" performance, and then we'll have at it. Even if I did nothing, everybody would be playing a game on week 16, so I'm not sure if you mean your statement literally or not.

And it's not a "tournament setting" for all 12 teams. It's more like, the playoffs are going on over here, and everybody else is having a round robin type deal over here just to have one last chance to move up or down.

I feel like we're talking past each other lol. I think I agree with what you're saying, but I also think that it is possible to have everybody playing a good game on week 16. Like I said there's gonna be a game for everybody on week 16 whether I do anything or not.

Also, we don't play on week 17, the championship is week 16.

So the 6-7 and team(could be Peezy or Stonking or Gill, whoever has that tiebreaker or they could be 7-6...but whatever)...they win 2 games and they're not playing for the championship because Foster and StrawHat still have a better overall record and thus are in the 1st place game?

You're trying to mix water and oil and it's just not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom