• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League : F2P fantasy football 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

arab

Do you watch football regularly and know enough about it / keep up with it enough to make an educated guess about who will perform well from week to week, and do you care enough to keep up with your team for a whole season? Cause if so, I'll put you in (and unless there's an overwhelming demand for spots in the league, the "caring enough to keep up with your team and not quit and at least try" is really the most important part :p)

Edit: I mean look at Andre

i watch every game of football but i've never had the time to put into fantasy until this year

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I could do 7EST as I have a live draft at 9EST that bight

Ok 7EST (Sun Sept 1st) is the plan, so sounds good

Edit: FYI if you're joining, I'll probably randomize the divisions unless you have a request once we get everybody joined (eg I request to be in the gaming division :p)

rCIZZLE

Seems I'm a bit late this year for gaf fantasy football yet again. Still interested so please sign me up for the wait list/second league.

If you guys are still taking spots for the 2nd league, I'd like to join :)

Been playing for the past two years on a somewhat casual level with friends and classmates. On fri and sat I'm free til 5pm pst, and Sundays I'm good all day.

Arkos

Haha, I see you got my sign up.

Lol yeah that's a good one for sure

Edit: the second league almost has 8 people, let me know if you'd like to take charge of it (I can help set it up but someone else would probably need to handle day to day commish'ing from there)

Arkos

Okay guys, everybody has joined, details are pretty set, you can review them here or at the league page, and I'm always accepting (but not necessarily implementing) suggestions

Communication
Should I use the fantasy league message board, should I use the GAF thread, or should I use your emails for any "official" messages? I probably won't have much (anything) that I need to talk about once we get the rules ironed out, but still, it's good to know how I should communicate with the league (I also plan to do little weekly re-caps whenever I have the time either here or on the message board :p). So tell me where is best to get in touch with everybody.

Playoffs

6 teams x 1 week = 3 weeks, 1-week (1-game) bye for division winners

That's the current setting. Feel free to give input on byes, number of teams in playoffs and 1- or 2-week matchups. Remember our season is only 16 games long.

Regular Season

Currently you play every team once, and 2 division members twice. (1st 5 weeks= division, next 6 weeks= other division, last 2 weeks= replay the first two games of the season)

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

PPR
I'm going with 0.5 unless there is a popular outcry.

DRAFT
This is a final check, the draft is Sunday, Sept 1 at 7:00pm EST. If you all think that's too far away, let me know. If not, then that's when it is.

SOOOO just let me know what you guys think. I'm so effing ready, damnit it's so long until the draft!

I set up some trophies for us all also, I always enjoy a commish who tries to keep it interesting, so check 'em out and suggest any other trophies that could be fun.

Other than that, I'll bump the GAF thread with any news, I'll cross-post any news on the league board (at least until I find out where people would prefer to communicate), and we should be pretty set.

(Respond to me on GAF, or with a PM here, or with an email, I don't really care)

Communication:
- I'm good with communicating on the ESPN front page. I check that for any trade/waiver wire action anyways, so it's appropriate
Playoffs:
- I like 6 teams making it to the finals, with the top person from each division getting a bye week. Aka (4). 8 is too many, and you have no real incentive to actually try and win. Now you're aiming for the top for the 1st round bye
Championship Game:
- There is absolutely no reason to have the CG on Week 17...
Regular Season:
- Don't matter to me, as long as it works
PPR:
- 0.5 is what I would prefer. Gives the right people a bump without significantly changing the dynamics of the game
Draft:
- I'm guessing that the time works for me, but idk my work schedule that far ahead yet. So far I've had the weekends off, so I'd guess that it's fine for me. I've already worked on my pre-draft rankings too, so I'm good regardless. Honestly, it's kinda weird that the draft is so far away. Usually the drafts are in the middle of the pre-season (I've already had one draft, and another is tomorrow...). I get the gist, but at this point, nothing should change too much. No one is really playing in pre-season anyways

Oh yeah, awesome trophies btw. I've never seen another LM even bother with them, so it was cool to go thru the list (and laugh) at the ones you made.

Arkos

^^^^^^

Word, I would be cool if everybody wanted to move the draft up, but I figure if it doesn't make a difference might as well wait. And sounds good on the other things, I wasn't sure what the deal was with the championship week so thanks for that, and yeah. Good deal. Thanks for the feedback

Arkos

If there is room I am in.

You make 8 for the second league. Send me your emails (by PM) and somebody volunteer to be the (co)-commissioner, I'll go to espn.com and see if I can set up a league that I'm not a member of.

EDIT: and unless I get a lot of feedback on the rules settings, it is what it says above

Jayhawk

I agree with youngplaya21's stance on rules. The current draft time is fine by me, and I'd like to have the draft time not change later on since I have to schedule a few other drafts for my other leagues.

Communication:
- I'm good with communicating on the ESPN front page. I check that for any trade/waiver wire action anyways, so it's appropriate
Playoffs:
- I like 6 teams making it to the finals, with the top person from each division getting a bye week. Aka (4). 8 is too many, and you have no real incentive to actually try and win. Now you're aiming for the top for the 1st round bye
Championship Game:
- There is absolutely no reason to have the CG on Week 17...
Regular Season:
- Don't matter to me, as long as it works
PPR:
- 0.5 is what I would prefer. Gives the right people a bump without significantly changing the dynamics of the game
Draft:
- I'm guessing that the time works for me, but idk my work schedule that far ahead yet. So far I've had the weekends off, so I'd guess that it's fine for me. I've already worked on my pre-draft rankings too, so I'm good regardless. Honestly, it's kinda weird that the draft is so far away. Usually the drafts are in the middle of the pre-season (I've already had one draft, and another is tomorrow...). I get the gist, but at this point, nothing should change too much. No one is really playing in pre-season anyways

Oh yeah, awesome trophies btw. I've never seen another LM even bother with them, so it was cool to go thru the list (and laugh) at the ones you made.

I agree with everything here as well!

Arkos

If there is still room for the 2nd league I would be interested.

I will put you in and try to move forward on a second league.

Everybody in the first league consider the rules set and feel free to object. See you on the first of football-tember if not before

Vyer

I agree with most everything that is set.

I have no problem posting on the ESPN front page, but to be honest I'd like to see the GAF thread remain active. Adds to the fun.

Ferny

I will put you in and try to move forward on a second league.

Everybody in the first league consider the rules set and feel free to object. See you on the first of football-tember if not before

If you need one more to keep the 2nd league even, i'll be in.

I'll try to keep the thread active. Looking forward to another serious league. Never been in a PPR league that 'matters' to me.

Arkos

I'll try to keep the thread active. Looking forward to another serious league. Never been in a PPR league that 'matters' to me.

Hey it better be serious, I'm not looking to dick around. This is for the respect of your fellow GAFfers :) I'll try to keep it active too, as I said I plan on posting little weekly recaps whenever I get a chance (I'm sure we'll have some epic games)

I agree with most everything that is set.

I have no problem posting on the ESPN front page, but to be honest I'd like to see the GAF thread remain active. Adds to the fun.

Totally agree. I was hoping the thread could be our main congregating place. Even in fantasy season I'll probably still check GAF more than fantasy lol.

GJL2_zpsbdd98021.png

Well, it looks like yall done gone and got yerselves yer own fantasy league.

Overflow / GJL 2
1. Blue Bombers (BroBuzz)
2. (Bonethug)
3. (LQX)
4. (Coldplay619)
5. (arab)
6. (rCIZZLE)
7. (Rawr its Ry)
8. Team Raimo (smokeymicpot)
9. (ferny)
10. (darkiguana)
11. (Notrollious)
12. (Impaler)

Ferny is your commissioner

Still need DRAFT TIME

definitely. I consider my other espn draft leagues seriously, but on the leagues I care about I'll often keep a hawk-like vision on free-agents/potential matchups/trades/ etc etc.

I'll do generic drafts in espn leagues, but tues/thurs look at the free agent pool and spend an hour trying to get players I like between all of those leagues

On leagues I care about, I keep a much closer eye on things :)

Arkos

definitely. I consider my other espn draft leagues seriously, but on the leagues I care about I'll often keep a hawk-like vision on free-agents/potential matchups/trades/ etc etc.

I'll do generic drafts in espn leagues, but tues/thurs look at the free agent pool and spend an hour trying to get players I like between all of those leagues

On leagues I care about, I keep a much closer eye on things :)

Well I can only hope that this will be that league, for both of us :p I'm going to be as creative as possible in the smack talk category also, that is strongly encouraged, I might have to make a trophy for that.

Arkos

just saw the trophies, nice job

Thanks, I aim to please. I'll probably add or tweak a few more, but I don't want to make so many that I lose track, but feel free to suggest any if you have a fun idea

for anybody who can't see them:
Trophies

The Lore Trophy (championship)
evil1_zps68af41f4.jpg

The Sacko (last place)
sackosmall_zps435ba9f2.png

The Bono (runner up)
bono_zps68d39a80.png

AFK (play a player on a bye week)
dogsmall_zps09f0c8d4.jpg

The "GOB" (make a huge mistake)
chicken_zps9ba70bf9.jpg

Combo Breaker (break a 3+ win streak)
Savvy (incredible foresight and strategy)
Beast Mode (incredible point scoring)
Bastard Trophy/Hosed (win/lose a game you should have lost/won)
Best Team Name (awarded to "Foster, Texian for Bier" and "Only Goodell Forgives")
A New Start/ANUSTART (break your 3 game loss streak/lose 3 in a row)
Epic Fail (in case anybody does something awesomely stupid)
Weekly High/Low

Arkos

The Degenerate League has some openings left. The draft is this Sunday at 7:00 CDT. $25 buy in.

Hey, you tryin to poach my players brah?

all that money can't buy fun you guys-- I hereby officially establish a rivalry with your fancy paid GAF leagues :p I bet our top 6 could beat your top 6. Due in no small part to the fact that we probably have some double dippers lol.

the garfield award

Haha why the Garfield? If it's a good joke I'll add it. If its a Garfield the cat joke it had better be damn good :p

Bishman

Hey, you tryin to poach my players brah?

all that money can't buy fun you guys-- I hereby officially establish a rivalry with your fancy paid GAF leagues :p I bet our top 6 could beat your top 6. Due in no small part to the fact that we probably have some double dippers lol.

Haha why the Garfield? If it's a good joke I'll add it. If its a Garfield the cat joke it had better be damn good :p

GAF Justice League is no match for The Degenerates. =)

Arkos

GAF Justice League is no match for The Degenerates. =)

Oh its on now.

I challenge you to try to fit our winner into the next Degenerates league. You'll see what's up. I've got a spot for the Degenerates winner in next years GJL (the last place spot :p).

Good to have inter-league rivalries

Arkos

Commissioner fights! If only Goodell, Stern, Selig, and Bettman had public squabbles.

That sounds like my ideal WWE cage match

Edit: krpiper and The Int3rsect: I'm going to have to beat both of you twice :( I'm sorry

Ferny

GJL 2
2. (Bonethug)
3. (LQX)
4. (Coldplay619)
5. (arab)
6. (rCIZZLE)
7. Rawr its Ry - Anytime before 7pm est.
8. smokeymicpot
9. Ferny - Anytime is good for me.
10. darkiguana
11. Notrillious

Just fill this in with a time. I'll gather the majority and go from there. Deadline will be Aug 24th. I want to have the draft sometime during the Aug 25th - Sept 1st.

Bonethug

GJL 2
2. (Bonethug)
3. (LQX)
4. (Coldplay619)
5. (arab)
6. (rCIZZLE)
7. Rawr its Ry - Anytime before 7pm est.
8. smokeymicpot
9. Ferny - Anytime is good for me.
10. darkiguana
11. Notrillious

Just fill this in with a time. I'll gather the majority and go from there. Deadline will be Aug 24th. I want to have the draft sometime during the Aug 25th - Sept 1st.

2. (Bonethug) I vote for Sunday, August 25th anytime before 10EST works for me.. Work during the week and wouldn't be available until 6 pm EST. Might not leave enough time for the person who needs it before 7pm, assuming EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom