• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games announcing 'a little something extra' shortly after W101 Direct

Ferr986

Not too sure about who owns the first game though. If the IP belongs to Platinum Games there's always a chance that Nintendo could include the first game with Bayonetta 2, perhaps..? I'd be cool with that too.

IP belongs to Sega.

fred

IP belongs to Sega.

Ah, okay. Cheers for that. That means that Sega would need to do that themselves and release the game as a budget eShop title. I can't see Sega being stupid enough to release itaas a full price retail title when it can be picked up on other platforms for a fiver.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, okay. Cheers for that. That means that Sega would need to do that themselves and release the game as a budget eShop title. I can't see Sega being stupid enough to release itaas a full price retail title when it can be picked up on other platforms for a fiver.

It costs 19.99 on PSN and xbox live

and 17.99 on amazon

You're nuts if you think you'd get it for any less than that. Porting games is cheap but it's not free and if they're going to spend money to bring the game to a new platform the consumer is going to have to pay for that.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
People expecting an announcement of a new game are kind of insane.

Honestly it's more reasonable than the people expecting Bayonetta 1 to be handed out for free with their new games like it's an AOL disc.

and waaaaay more exciting than that too

JoeFenix

Why do people want Platinum to get bought out? It's ridiculous, they are much better off being independent and playing the field.

Oh and I doubt they will bundle anything Bayonetta related with a T rated game considering that game is rated M. Doesn't really make much sense.

Why do people want Platinum to get bought out? It's ridiculous, they are much better off being independent and playing the field.

Oh and I doubt they will bundle anything Bayonetta related with a T rated game considering that game is rated M. Doesn't really make much sense.

The most altruistic reason would be so that Platinum still exist in three years.

JoeFenix

It's going to happen eventually and I'm afraid you're just going to have to live with that. :p

I have a Wii U and I have no issues with Nintendo, I just think it's stupid to want a great independent developer to get bought out. They have a great reputation, why deny them the opportunity to work with different partners?

Another Kojima collaboration would be awesome, they have enough teams to be able to have multiple partners at the same time. I really hope they keep going in this direction instead of becoming tied down to a single platform.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

lmao

too logical for the rest of us

but this announcement could potentially be unrelated to 101 and that's where people are speculating Bayo port.

I think it could happen but I also think it'd be like 20-30 dollars digital.

because they used "announcement" and not "reveal" I'm thinking it's Bayo 2 or something else unrelated, but it was in the 101 blog so it's probably something we don't know about 101 and we're all being silly.

JDSN

Banned
It's going to happen eventually and I'm afraid you're just going to have to live with that. :p

Im sure they are looking forward to being under the direct control of a studio, that worked out great last time for them.

JoeFenix

lmao

too logical for the rest of us

but this announcement could potentially be unrelated to 101 and that's where people are speculating Bayo port.

I think it could happen but I also think it'd be like 20-30 dollars digital.

because they used "announcement" and not "reveal" I'm thinking it's Bayo 2 or something else unrelated, but it was in the 101 blog so it's probably something we don't know about 101 and we're all being silly.

Who knows, could be something as simple as a demo going up (I'd take it!) right after the stream.

Could be a Smash tie in, could be Bayonetta related if it's not part of the stream I guess but I think it's most likely going to be 101 related. And to the people thinking it's going to be about Okami or Viewtiful Joe.... You do realize those are Capcom franchises right?

I'm glad that the Nintendo crowd is hyped for 101 but please take off the fanboy goggles and put down the Kool-Aid, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Nintendo buys Platinum, Rising 2 exclusive to Wii U, Viewtiful Joe Trilogy U, Okami 2 U and the real DMC 2 COOL 4 U announced confirmed!

gt_wonderful101_comiccon13_walk_1280x720_3500_h32.jpg

Who knows, could be something as simple as a demo going up (I'd take it!) right after the stream.

Could be a Smash tie in, could be Bayonetta related if it's not part of the stream I guess but I think it's most likely going to be 101 related. And to the people thinking it's going to be about Okami or Viewtiful Joe.... You do realize those are Capcom franchises right?

I'm glad that the Nintendo crowd is hyped for 101 but please take off the fanboy goggles and put down the Kool-Aid, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Nintendo buys Platinum, Rising 2 exclusive to Wii U, Viewtiful Joe Trilogy U, Okami 2 U and the real DMC 2 COOL 4 U announced confirmed!

gt_wonderful101_comiccon13_walk_1280x720_3500_h32.jpg
Well most of those are jokes man. Saying fake things should not hurt you lol.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh god I don't think I can handle it anymore, I'm superhyped from the Pokemon trailer just shown and the info bonanza, I don't think I can last later for W101 and this surprise @_@

Morts

I think it's way too soon for another Smash Bros reveal, considering that game is probably November 2014. I'm prepared for a Wonderful 101 hat for your Streetpass Mii.

ReconPeon

Since they aren't showing this during the Nintendo direct, but shortly after, how do we know it is Nintendo related. I mean, I really hope it is, but I don't know.

JoeFenix

Well most of those are jokes man. Saying fake things should not hurt you lol.

It's all good, I'm just having fun too :)

Only thing that legit annoys me are the people calling for Platinum to get bought out. It does look like Nintendo is a great partner right now and that's awesome but things change and I don't want them to be tied down again after leaving Capcom for that very reason.

Sega fans wanted Sega to buy Platinum after the 4 game deal was made, great move that would have been.... It's cool that Sega gave them a chance to make new IP but it would have been disastrous in the long run if they had bought them.

Anyway, back to being hyped for this Nintendo Direct! I'm not sure I'm going to watch the new footage but I want to see what this announcement is!

kitsuneyo

Are we sure it's Nintendo-related news? They wouldn't put Xbox or PS news right after an ND would they?

Since they aren't showing this during the Nintendo direct, but shortly after, how do we know it is Nintendo related. I mean, I really hope it is, but I don't know.

It would be very bad manners to take Nintendo's thunder, that's all I can think of.

Well, they still mentioned the announcement in the context of their Nintendo Direct blog post, so it seems likely. But nothing absolutely says it has to be, I guess.

Wonderful 101 going multiplatform was my first intuition when I read the title. But that would heavily harm WiiU version sales, so I guess not.

JoeFenix

Wonderful 101 going multiplatform was my first intuition when I read the title. But that would heavily harm WiiU version sales, so I guess not.

Not going to happen, Nintendo is publishing.

People are probably making way too big of a deal out of this, I'm sure it's Nintendo related considering they will do the announcement right after the direct but I wouldn't expect something GIGANTIC.

I'm still thinking it might be a stealth demo release which would be awesome!

fred

It costs 19.99 on PSN and xbox live

and 17.99 on amazon

You're nuts if you think you'd get it for any less than that. Porting games is cheap but it's not free and if they're going to spend money to bring the game to a new platform the consumer is going to have to pay for that.

Amazon are useless for decent pricing for video games, as are any digital distribution channel such a Live, PSN and even Steam compared to shopping around at retail unless they have special deals going on.

To be fair I was confusing the lowest used price (£4.99) with the lowest retail price (£11.99) but that's still a great deal cheaper than the prices you've listed.

You've got to remember that it cost Ubisoft just €1m to port Assassin's Creed III to the Wii U and that involves the costs of bringing the game to retail such as the Blu-Rays, pressing said Blu-Rays, packaging and distribution. An eShop exclusive title doesn't involve these costs. Bayonetta 1 released for £9.99 would sell an absolute shitload and make Sega a decent amount of profit with very little effort or expense, particularly if the first game uses Havok and Autodesk middleware.

Wonderful 101 going multiplatform was my first intuition when I read the title.

Announcing W101 going multiplatorm just after a ND focused on it and a few weeks before its release on Wii U would be even a worse decision than what Capcom did with Resident evil 5, let alone the IP is owned by Nintendo for all I know.

Top Bottom