• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games announcing 'a little something extra' shortly after W101 Direct

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
CRAP, it occurred to me I'm going to be at college orientation while this direct is airing & won't be able to see it until hours later. Damn, watch it be something amazing...

Muzy72

Banned
Wonder-Red in Smash, has to be. What else could they possibly announce in a TW101 Direct that isn't TW101 related?

As far as Wonder Red in Smash...I just don't think it will happen. Not that I don't want it to, but it probably won't right now. It's a new franchise and pretty much holds no weight at all in the Smash realm. I feel like it would just happen to promote the game and not because this is a guest character with some sort of legacy. It doesn't fit with the idea and theme of the project. Just trying to think about it from what Nintendo has said about Smash and from what we have seen.

This game would have to really establish itself on it's own beforehand, right?

Is it really a guest character when the guy is nintendo owned?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Viewtiful Joe 3 ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Star Fox by Kamiya ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Metroid Dread ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Mach Rider in new F-Zero ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Yawnier

Banned
As far as Wonder Red in Smash...I just don't think it will happen. Not that I don't want it to, but it probably won't right now. It's a new franchise and pretty much holds no weight at all in the Smash realm. I feel like it would just happen to promote the game and not because this is a guest character with some sort of legacy. It doesn't fit with the idea and theme of the project. Just trying to think about it from what Nintendo has said about Smash and from what we have seen.

This game would have to really establish itself on it's own beforehand, right?

Wii Fit Girl made it in (Wii Fit was a successful game, but ugh.....). I think anything can happen in concern to that, Platinum and Nintendo seem pretty close with each other right now.

Bayo 1 port would be on the top of the list for me in terms of what I want, but it'll probably end up just being a promotion for the game like preorder DLC or a digital sale price or something like that.

Edit: Or maybe it's just the announcement of the release of the Kamiya/Iwata "do you eat shit" Asks following the direct?

Tenki

When was it hinted?
edit: Wonder Red for smash would be amazing. While we're at it, I want Chrom and Rayman

A NoE guy teased me a bit. I asked if a Bayo port was coming and he was "hmmm, we'll see. Let's focus on The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 for now haha *wink* *wink*".

emb

Not getting hyped for this. At least, not any more than I already was. I think this announcement will just be some bit of info about a W101 character or gameplay feature we haven't seen yet, not a new game or a Smash Bros. reveal or anything like that.

If it's Bayonetta 1.

iwj3T2IvOqxf3.gif

Neiteio

101 in Smash Bros. sets the bar so high, anything else will be meh.

Well, I'll also take competent Bayo 1 port on eShop.

Kamiya at the helm of Star Fox or The Mysterious Muramasa Castle.

Damn, that would be cool. Probably Red as a Smash character.

Is it really a guest character when the guy is nintendo owned?
He is a guest in that he isn't any sort of staple, is platinum developed, and has yet to release a game. Nintendo owns it, but it's far from something like Mega Man that has a legacy or has left a mark on gaming. I get that it hasn't released yet, but that is even more reason to not put him in. Let him carve out his place and see before he gets place on a roster where others are MUCH more deserving. Hell, Bayonetta is more deserving than he is, and I'm not so sure she "deserves" it.

None of this has anything to do with game quality, just to be clear. I likely love Bayo 2 and 101 to the heavens.

Wii Fit Girl made it in (Wii Fit was a successful game, but ugh.....). I think anything can happen in concern to that, Platinum and Nintendo seem pretty close with each other right now.

Wii Fit was successful, like you said. Hell, it was beyond successful. That shit was an explosion priced at like $90 that went off anyway and became a phenomenon. Wii Fit Trainer totally deserves to be in Smash, if any.

Top Bottom