• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games announcing 'a little something extra' shortly after W101 Direct

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I wonder whether they'll put a demo for Bayonetta 2 in Wonderful 101 or something. That could increase interest a bit for the game right? I'm keeping my expectations low, but it should be an interesting direct nonetheless.

TheOGB

Banned
Ready for that Smash announcement showing 3DS footage
followed by W101 3DS announcement

projectk-2013-08-02-18-34-33-69.jpg

Viewtiful Joe HD Collection + Viewtiful Joe 3!
MOTHER OF GOD
I know it won't be this. Yet.

Neiteio

Isn't it kind of pointless to promote Wonderful 101 in Smash Bros when Wonderful 101 is coming out very soon and Smash Bros is at least a year away from release ?
Are you serious? It'd be a brilliant move. It'd put TW101 on the radar of the ~8 million Smash fans anticipating the new SSB.

TDLink

Isn't it kind of pointless to promote Wonderful 101 in Smash Bros when Wonderful 101 is coming out very soon and Smash Bros is at least a year away from release ?

Not at all. More people follow Smash news/announcements than people that will buy this game probably (and unfortunately). Putting the character in Smash instantly raises awareness and gets people curious as to who they are and where they are from, potentially driving further sales. After Smash is out people who newly discover the character there also have that same curiosity and some may go out to buy a copy of W101 at that point and time. Nintendo likes evergreen titles, they are willing to play the long game on software.

-Nintendo owns the IP so it's possible then already intend to try to have more than one game in it.

-Sadly, the number of people following smash bros news over a year before its release probably already dwarfs the number of people following w101

Muzy72

Banned
It has to be Smash Bros. or Bayonetta related. Why? Bill Trinen said in July's Direct Mini that the TW101 Direct will focus almost entirely on TW101. Well, what other game could they POSSIBLY talk about it a TW101 Direct, something that would qualify as an "exciting new announcement."

L Thammy

Wonderful Red in Smash.
Wonder Joe and Wonder Bayonetta as the final playable character.
Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi costumes for Red, Green, Yellow, and Pink.

Muzy72

Banned
3 possibilities imo, in order from most awesome to least awesome:
  1. Wonder Red in Smash 4
  2. Bayonetta 1 on the eShop, buy and/or pre-order W101 & get Bayonetta for free
  3. eShop Demo for Wonderful 101, available on conclusion of the Direct

Yes

Why not all 3!?! :p

I'm definitely putting my bets on Wonder Red or Bayonetta being in Smash 4. The only strike against it is that it would be right after the Luigi announcement, but Luigi is a veteran anyway, so...

Dang0

Platinum now Nintendo owned!

More likely it'll be a cool cameo in W101 like viewtiful joe, or maybe Wonder Red in smash.

javac

Smash bros appearance is most likely it. Don't get your hopes too high! Unless the idea of having a character from TW101 in Smash is already an exciting prospect for you.

Top Bottom