• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games announcing 'a little something extra' shortly after W101 Direct

stktt

Banned
Sure it does. The same reason a car dealership moves in next to another car dealer. Tons of people will be in Gamestop in that day, and Nintendo wants W101 and dat box art to be noticed.

You won't be able to notice the boxart due to the mob of people congregating to purchase GTA V.

jmizzal

Bayo demo comes with the wonderfull 101, Bayo 1 coming to the eShop or The Wonder 101 demo up on the eShop after the direct would make me very happy

And I doubt its anything Smash related

jmizzal

Not getting hyped for this. At least, not any more than I already was. I think this announcement will just be some bit of info about a W101 character or gameplay feature we haven't seen yet, not a new game or a Smash Bros. reveal or anything like that.

umm that is what the whole TW101 ND is for, it has to be something more

NMFried

I think something Viewtiful Joe could definitely be coming our way. Maybe he's an unlockable character in W101?

Though Wonder Red in Smash would be rather rad.

Shauni

People talking about Viewtiful Joe...do you not realize that's a Capcom IP? Platinum didn't even technically exist when those games were made, they were still Clover.

I'd be cool with a lot of suggestions here. Bayo 1 port (I have the 360 version and have 100% it, but I'd rebuy for support) or Wonder Red in Smash. I hope it's not just something lame like Mario and Luigi costumes. I would think they wouldn't tag on a statement to expect a new announcement over something stupid like that.

amnesiac

It probably is Smash-related. I'll still never understand the hype surrounding characters and stages in the game, though.

Oof, if Nintendo and Platinum announced a purchase of the company, the meltdowns would be glorious....and many gaffers would have to be on suicide watch.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
If it's a substantial announcement all I can think of is:

-Bayonetta 1 Wii U port
-Wonder Red in Smash
-MGR:R Wii U port
-Bayonetta 2 release date

It's probably something dumb like a new W101 character shown though.

they've been doing that all week on their blog, atleast think of something dumber =/

Neiteio

Oof, if Nintendo and Platinum announced a purchase of the company, the meltdowns would be glorious....and many gaffers would have to be on suicide watch.
Why would you wish for such a thing? It would probably reduce the chances of an MGR2 to nil, since I doubt Konami is going to want a sequel on the WiiU.

yeah I'm betting on Bayonetta 2 demo included with every copy of the W101 or Bayonetta 1 eshop release

but wonder red for smash would be crazy :eek:

Why would you wish for such a thing? It would probably reduce the chances of an MGR2 to nil, since I doubt Konami is going to want a sequel on the WiiU.

Naw, I actually wouldn't want that. While it would be good for Nintendo, I think Platinum works best solo, with partners but without heavy influence by a major company.

Thorakai

New Smash character but it won't be Wonder Red, it will be 100 little heroes fighting as one using their special attacks like in their main game. Make it happen Sakurai.

Subaru

If it's a substantial announcement all I can think of is:

-Bayonetta 1 Wii U port
-Wonder Red in Smash
-MGR:R Wii U port
-Bayonetta 2 release date

It's probably something dumb like a new W101 character shown though.

I'll make it better:

- Bayonetta 1 Wii U Port FREE for anyone that buys W101 until the end of year;
- Wonderful 8 main protagonists for Smashs Bros (something like Olimar)
- MGR:R Wii U Port
- Bayonetta 2 RElease: Summer 2014

It's good to dream =(

Shahadan

Bayo demo comes with the wonderfull 101, Bayo 1 coming to the eShop or The Wonder 101 demo up on the eShop after the direct would make me very happy

And I doubt its anything Smash related

Bayo demo with a game like W101 seems pretty unlikely.
Announcing Bayo 1 on the eshop would probably overshadow W101.
W101 demo is of the realm of the possible, but I wouldn't count on it.

Smash seems the most realistic, but even then I would be really surprised a completely new character from an unknwon franchise would be included after its first game.

It must be something else. Probably the 101th hero, tbh. Wonderful Mii.

Shauni

A bundle at the current price point in time for the holidays is my guess.

Of what? W101? Would they bundle together a game with a system months after it comes out. I would think we'd know if there was a bundle upon release since it's so close, too.

This is what I suggested a few months back lol

1228402097969_f.jpg

I already wrote it on Miiverse and got a couple of Yeahs.

Now we wait.

Drago

Dunno if it was already mentioned but it was said in the Nintendo Direct mini that the W101 Direct would be focused almost entirely on W101. With that in mind I'd assume this surprise is related to a different game. (so no Luigi in W101 yay)

Betting on Bayonetta 1 port or Wonder Red in Smash.

I'm not expecting anything too megaton-ish, but it's Platinum, so I'll be happy no matter what. Would love to see them working on a 3DS game that really takes advantage of everything the system offers though.

GC|Simon

Whatever it is, it's going to be great!

Hoping for a new game announcement. And man, I'm already way too hyped!

NateDrake

yeah I'm betting on Bayonetta 2 demo included with every copy of the W101 or Bayonetta 1 eshop release

but wonder red for smash would be crazy :eek:

But review copies are out in EU. Don't you think someone would have accidentally leaked such a thing?

Wonder Red, Pink, Green, Blue, etc. in Smash is the mostly likely thing.

Top Bottom