• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games announcing 'a little something extra' shortly after W101 Direct

MarkusRJR

If it's a substantial announcement all I can think of is:

-Bayonetta 1 Wii U port
-Wonder Red in Smash
-MGR:R Wii U port
-Bayonetta 2 release date

It's probably something dumb like a new W101 character shown though.

Bayonetta 2 release date. Summer 2014.

Wonder red in smash confirmed.

Viewtiful Joe 3

ibzw6Y7tUnElH9.gif

No matter how many times we're burned, the hype LIVES. Never change GAF.

Neiteio

I want hundreds of little heroes to swarm out of the game case when I open it and smother my body in a writhing sea of warm flesh.

javac

Any new character reveal for Smash would be exciting.

Indeed for many that's a megaton. I was grinning like the Joker when I saw Mega Man in the E3 trailer. Still gets me hyped.

...just don't tune in expecting Nintendo to announce it's purchase of Platinum Games or something and your good to go :)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Viewtiful Joe 3

I swear to god I would buy a Wii U.

Kinsei

Banned
I really hope it's an announcement for Wonder Red in Smash and/or a release date for a demo on the eshop. Both of those would really help drum up interest in the game.

I really want TW101 to succeed.

One of these has been my guess since the direct with Bill Trinen. My money is on Smash reveal since a Bayonetta 1 seems out of place with the rest of the Direct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLWBcd43RTo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Go to 14:33 and you'll hear Bill specifically said that the W101 direct would "be focused almost entirely on this game". Note he used the term this game, indicating another game being present, so I doubt it'll be bonuses within the game. It'll be Bayonetta or Smash.

Yepper, that caught my eye when I first saw that. Pretty cryptic.

And WHY do people want Bayo 1 only on eShop? :(

Yepper, that caught my eye when I first saw that. Pretty cryptic.

And WHY do people want Bayo 1 only on eShop? :(

Less costs involved? The same reason why many niche titles only get eShop releases. I think they're just thinking of what would be most likely if Bayo ever got a Wii U release.

Also I'd love to see Viewtiful Joe on Wii U, an HD collection and Joe 3 all exclusive, and I still haven't tried the games. And I had 2 and RHR for GC and never tried them, I might still have them, but they'd be very far and I'm not likely able to get them back. :(

neo2046

- Wonder Red in Smash
- Viewtiful Joe in Wonderful 101
- Wonderful 101 demo immediately available after the Direct
- the US/EU version will be released at the end of August

Isn't it kind of pointless to promote Wonderful 101 in Smash Bros when Wonderful 101 is coming out very soon and Smash Bros is at least a year away from release ?

Smash bros promoted (indirectly, I admit) Earthbound years after it's release and now a whole bunch of people know about the game than they did in 1995 when it first came out. It even did pretty dang well on Virtual Console from what I heard.

Isn't it kind of pointless to promote Wonderful 101 in Smash Bros when Wonderful 101 is coming out very soon and Smash Bros is at least a year away from release ?

Well, you can look at it this way.

If Wonder Red is in smash, people might want to buy the game to be familiar with the character, before they get to play as him in smash bros.

Id be completely fine with a demo. This type of game can turn certain people off because they don't get it. So a demo would help.

Haven't read through the thread yet so this has probably already been stated.

Buy TW101; get Bayo 2 Demo.

BOOM

Tuck

It'd be great if it was a new game announcement... but thats likely not happening.

Wonder what they have in store.

Joqu

Simply Wonderful.

It would be Viewtiful.

Joking aside, I'm going to agree that it's most likely Wonder Red in Smash. I mean look at him, it would be perfect.
I just don't see a Bayonetta 1 port happening anytime soon, though I'd love to be wrong about that.

...Or it's something far less exciting.

Drago

oh really? then why just US version be released in September and just before GTAV? this doesn't make sense :|
NoA

Anyways would be cool if it's a Bayonetta 1 port. My only way of playing it is on a PS3... judging by what I've heard I'd rather not play it there. :p

Kamiya has talked a lot about how he's going on take a break after finishing TW101. This announcement almost certainly isn't going to be for a new Kamiya game.

jmls1121

Banned
oh really? then why just US version be released in September and just before GTAV? this doesn't make sense :|

Sure it does. The same reason a car dealership moves in next to another car dealer. Tons of people will be in Gamestop in that day, and Nintendo wants W101 and dat box art to be noticed.

Top Bottom