• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain these Pokemon as well:

V9t9J.png

The anime is a non-canon pile of shit. It started all of that 'pokemon saying their own name' garbage. Go back to the awesome stadium cries!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So are you guys going to the church of Arceus to pray that the announcement would be worth the hype?

Rubius

The anime is a non-canon pile of shit. It started all of that 'pokemon saying their own name' garbage. Go back to the awesome stadium cries!

Well I think its more that we named the Pokemon about what they said.
Like why the word Mama exist. Babies first sound are Mama and Papa. So we picked this word to designated the Mother and Father.

PS_GUY

The fact that Pokemon are tiny is dumb.

The "pocket" part refers to being inside pokeballs. When outside, they should be huge and epic.

tumblr_llahb0yy2V1qjae8bo1_400.gif

The sizes of some Pokemon really don't make sense.

Excadrill for example is only about 2" tall. It should be at least 5" in my opinion.

PK Gaming

I'm not ripping on Luigi less so than the people who try to make him out as something other than he is portrayed , He is a lovable coward with a bit of misfortune and clumsiness and who's always got his bros back, but people who like him seem to prefer to ignore that in order to make him into this awesomesauce tough dude who kicks ass and takes names. But anyways, it's unfair to compare him to dunsparce , at the end of the day luigi's every bit as good mario just with the aforementioned quirks and dunsparce is...just there.

i'm the total opposite

i hate it when people (sometimes nintendo, see superstar saga and partners in time) exacerbate his cowardlyness to turn him into a pure joke. Super paper mario has the perfect characterization for luigi. He can be a bit of a coward (he isn't scared of fucking bowser, unlike in Superstar saga -_-) but can also be a kickass hero when the time calls for it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is crazy! We've got 1700+ comments and the Direct hasn't even started yet!
Just reading this thread made me hype, lol~.
For whatever reason, I'm more hyped about this then I was for Black/White. I think it's cause I have very little to be hyped about in gaming these days. I decided to skip B/W2, too, so I'm feenin for a new Pokemon game.

If I remember correctly, Pokemon Black And white country are based of New York right?
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/Hundera/127646811814.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=242"]http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=242[/URL]

[QUOTE]This time, region’s image is New York.

Did you know that?

Take a look for a moment for header of
this column’s back ground picture.

Yes, it’s NY!!

There’s Brooklyn Bridge on the right.

I’ve been there twice and it was stimulating fun city.[/QUOTE]

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah Unova is New York while Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are all Japanese prefectures.

Absolutely. Gonna make a few offerings to Giratina, too, just to make sure the bases are covered.

But what does the lord of Distortion want for offerings.

Further proving that lilipup is just a regular yorkshire terrier.

Does that mean Stoutland is a Terrier with a beard

Rubius

The Pokemon world is an analogue to the real world.

I'm pretty sure in their world Pokemon and Animal have become interchangeable too.

Yeah, but my point is, what if we get a Canadian city next with some inuit gods? Or Indian gods. Could be cool to see different culture gods. Could be cool to have a Egyptian Pokemon game.

Masuda sure is excited about something

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=556

At last! The time has come.
On Tuesday, 8th of January. At 8.00pm of Japan time,
we will announce some Pokémon news to everyone!!
I would like everyone to check it out!
I would like everyone to share this moment with
your family, love ones, friends and colleagues!!
Of course, everyone who love Pokémon,
but those who don’t know Pokémon yet are also welcome to join us!
I want everybody to check this info, therefore
please spread and share this information at office,
school, club activities, any circle!!
I would like everyone to share and spread this news widely!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The first reveal of Black and White was pretty boring, come to think of it...I mean beyond the titles, I mean the first screens.

It just showed the first town, a bit of Castelia, and the Electric Rock Cave, and at that point everything looked ugly. Very underwhelming.

Darryl

Banned
For whatever reason, I'm more hyped about this then I was for Black/White. I think it's cause I have very little to be hyped about in gaming these days. I decided to skip B/W2, too, so I'm feenin for a new Pokemon game.

same here, i played pokemon black but i wasn't as excited about it as i was for this one.

rouken

also i hope they go back to normal animal legendaries. legendary birds were awesome as well as legendary beasts. but rocks? weather? freaking lake monsters? cmon guys

January 22, 2027: Dr. Hagiru Sato and his team of scientists from Japan, America, Canada, and Britain begin work on a matter-energy transference machine.

February 11th, 2033: First machine is tested successfully after over a hundred failed tests. Controversy over the destructive nature of the technology ignites.

July 18th, 2033: A catastrophic incident with an energy-matter machine destroys the city of Hiroshima, in devastation not seen since the atomic bombs were dropped nearly 90 years prior. Japanese government officials move to ban work on this technology, though Western powers urge them to allow it, despite the mishap.

April 22, 2035: First sighting of infected idividuals. Most are animals, some humans are also shown to be susceptible to infection. Most seen around the ruins of Hiroshima, which had not been rebuilt.

May 13th, 2035: Northern Japan is split off from its southern half as a nation-wide quarantine is enacted. Anarchy soon spreads through the infected regions. 15% of humans exposed to the disease are immune and show no side effects. 84.9% are affected fatally by the disease, which causes cancerous growths. 0.1% of those exposed are shown to successfully mutate. The "virus" is found to be a spreadable corruption of genetic material, which causes rapid mutations in infected individuals. All large animal life is soon infected.

January 1, 2040: 98% of all animals in Japan are wiped out; ecosystems ruled entirely by infected individuals.

May 8th, 2048: Japanese Defense Force engages infected individuals to preserve quarantine. Co-ordinated attacks by infected humans and animals are seen. High levels of intelligence confirmed.

May 10th: They fail, and the nation of Japan ceases to exist.

October 13: The United States Carrier George W. Bush is attacked and sunk by an unknown force. Later revealed to be a co-ordinated assault by the infected. Use of atomic weapons to destroy all life on Japan considered, but denied.

February 12, 2052: Remaining inhabitants of Japan have appeared, by outward observers, to have begun adopting the infected into their religions. Part of this religion is a total-weapons ban, and the banning of violence against infected individuals. This is surprisingly effective at ceasing conflict with infected individuals.

April 2, 2055: Infected seen to have spread to North America. Military preparedness results in a far more contained infection. Hundreds of thousands in the United States, Canada, and Mexico die.

March 11, 2061: The United States Army begins experimenting with the combat prowess of infected animals, who are shown to have a friendly connection to humans who treat them well, much like dogs. Initial tests exceed expectations. Later that same year, China, Russia, Vietnam, and N. Korea react by signing the Kommu Pact, ensuring protection against the now utterly overpowered West.

July 2, 2063: The Kommu alliance declares war on the United States. Infected used to great effect.

November 9, 2066: The war ends. Communist states are dissolved, China and Russia (and all of Asia) are now under the jurisdiction of the NATO.

December 25th, 2072: The now divided regions that were once Japan begin to open up to the outside world. Mostly through scientific trade-off.

February 1, 2081: Japanese scientists sneak into heavily infected Brazil. They recover the DNA of one of the individuals believed to be one of the first infected.
Beliefs are that the infected are actually the next phase in evolution, and to find one of the originals would better help their understanding. There are many tried and failed cloning attempts, before a final experiment is successful. The result of this experiment, capable of self-induced energy-matter transference, is responsible for the death of dozens before escaping.

May 22, 2081: Ash Ketchum turns 10 years old

Well Arceus was alive before the universe EXISTED. Yeah. Wrap your head around that one.
Call me a heathen, but I suscribe to the Mew-in-a-test-tube theory regarding the birth of Pokémon. From artificial origns came all the rest, and the legendary mythology's a giant cover-up of pre-Pokémon history.

/conspiracy

Masuda's basically confirmed a game announcement, so it's gonna be good.

EDIT: Below post's what I'm talking about.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
January 22, 2027: Dr. Hagiru Sato and his team of scientists from Japan, America, Canada, and Britain begin work on a matter-energy transference machine.

February 11th, 2033: First machine is tested successfully after over a hundred failed tests. Controversy over the destructive nature of the technology ignites.

July 18th, 2033: A catastrophic incident with an energy-matter machine destroys the city of Hiroshima, in devastation not seen since the atomic bombs were dropped nearly 90 years prior. Japanese government officials move to ban work on this technology, though Western powers urge them to allow it, despite the mishap.

April 22, 2035: First sighting of infected idividuals. Most are animals, some humans are also shown to be susceptible to infection. Most seen around the ruins of Hiroshima, which had not been rebuilt.

May 13th, 2035: Northern Japan is split off from its southern half as a nation-wide quarantine is enacted. Anarchy soon spreads through the infected regions. 15% of humans exposed to the disease are immune and show no side effects. 84.9% are affected fatally by the disease, which causes cancerous growths. 0.1% of those exposed are shown to successfully mutate. The "virus" is found to be a spreadable corruption of genetic material, which causes rapid mutations in infected individuals. All large animal life is soon infected.

January 1, 2040: 98% of all animals in Japan are wiped out; ecosystems ruled entirely by infected individuals.

May 8th, 2048: Japanese Defense Force engages infected individuals to preserve quarantine. Co-ordinated attacks by infected humans and animals are seen. High levels of intelligence confirmed.

May 10th: They fail, and the nation of Japan ceases to exist.

October 13: The United States Carrier George W. Bush is attacked and sunk by an unknown force. Later revealed to be a co-ordinated assault by the infected. Use of atomic weapons to destroy all life on Japan considered, but denied.

February 12, 2052: Remaining inhabitants of Japan have appeared, by outward observers, to have begun adopting the infected into their religions. Part of this religion is a total-weapons ban, and the banning of violence against infected individuals. This is surprisingly effective at ceasing conflict with infected individuals.

April 2, 2055: Infected seen to have spread to North America. Military preparedness results in a far more contained infection. Hundreds of thousands in the United States, Canada, and Mexico die.

March 11, 2061: The United States Army begins experimenting with the combat prowess of infected animals, who are shown to have a friendly connection to humans who treat them well, much like dogs. Initial tests exceed expectations. Later that same year, China, Russia, Vietnam, and N. Korea react by signing the Kommu Pact, ensuring protection against the now utterly overpowered West.

July 2, 2063: The Kommu alliance declares war on the United States. Infected used to great effect.

November 9, 2066: The war ends. Communist states are dissolved, China and Russia (and all of Asia) are now under the jurisdiction of the NATO.

December 25th, 2072: The now divided regions that were once Japan begin to open up to the outside world. Mostly through scientific trade-off.

February 1, 2081: Japanese scientists sneak into heavily infected Brazil. They recover the DNA of one of the individuals believed to be one of the first infected.
Beliefs are that the infected are actually the next phase in evolution, and to find one of the originals would better help their understanding. There are many tried and failed cloning attempts, before a final experiment is successful. The result of this experiment, capable of self-induced energy-matter transference, is responsible for the death of dozens before escaping.

May 22, 2081: Ash Ketchum turns 10 years old, and sets out on a quest to capture some of the strongest mutant animals known to man.

I take it back, I am now interested in Pokemon's story.

oh my gooooddddddddddd

I would like everyone to share this moment with
your family, love ones, friends and colleagues!!

I want everybody to check this info, therefore
please spread and share this information at office,
school, club activities, any circle!!
I would like everyone to share and spread this news widely!

Gen VI practically confirmed. There's no way Masuda would go crazy like this over a spinoff...this is something really big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom