• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New gen AND 3D explains all this.
Something their certainly proud of.

Also holy shit 3DS could have MH AND Pokemon in one year...
Sunglasses-shocked-reaction.gif

i'm the total opposite

i hate it when people (sometimes nintendo, see superstar saga and partners in time) exacerbate his cowardlyness to turn him into a pure joke. Super paper mario has the perfect characterization for luigi. He can be a bit of a coward (he isn't scared of fucking bowser, unlike in Superstar saga -_-) but can also be a kickass hero when the time calls for it.

Well as I said, he's every bit as good as Mario in terms of skill (with a bit of minute differences) and I will concede that he is portrayed on varying scales in terms of his quirks (though I'd say one side of the scale , even if only recently, outweighs the other) . I personally like the quirks be it when it's exaggerated or just subtle, I find it more interesting and endearing especially since he still does a bunch of awesome stuff in spite of it and that's probably why I find it amusing when people would rather play up other things that I just find either boring or uninteresting about the character(like his stint as "Mr.L (?)").

Roto13

January 22, 2027: Dr. Hagiru Sato and his team of scientists from Japan, America, Canada, and Britain begin work on a matter-energy transference machine.

February 11th, 2033: First machine is tested successfully after over a hundred failed tests. Controversy over the destructive nature of the technology ignites.

July 18th, 2033: A catastrophic incident with an energy-matter machine destroys the city of Hiroshima, in devastation not seen since the atomic bombs were dropped nearly 90 years prior. Japanese government officials move to ban work on this technology, though Western powers urge them to allow it, despite the mishap.

April 22, 2035: First sighting of infected idividuals. Most are animals, some humans are also shown to be susceptible to infection. Most seen around the ruins of Hiroshima, which had not been rebuilt.

May 13th, 2035: Northern Japan is split off from its southern half as a nation-wide quarantine is enacted. Anarchy soon spreads through the infected regions. 15% of humans exposed to the disease are immune and show no side effects. 84.9% are affected fatally by the disease, which causes cancerous growths. 0.1% of those exposed are shown to successfully mutate. The "virus" is found to be a spreadable corruption of genetic material, which causes rapid mutations in infected individuals. All large animal life is soon infected.

January 1, 2040: 98% of all animals in Japan are wiped out; ecosystems ruled entirely by infected individuals.

May 8th, 2048: Japanese Defense Force engages infected individuals to preserve quarantine. Co-ordinated attacks by infected humans and animals are seen. High levels of intelligence confirmed.

May 10th: They fail, and the nation of Japan ceases to exist.

October 13: The United States Carrier George W. Bush is attacked and sunk by an unknown force. Later revealed to be a co-ordinated assault by the infected. Use of atomic weapons to destroy all life on Japan considered, but denied.

February 12, 2052: Remaining inhabitants of Japan have appeared, by outward observers, to have begun adopting the infected into their religions. Part of this religion is a total-weapons ban, and the banning of violence against infected individuals. This is surprisingly effective at ceasing conflict with infected individuals.

April 2, 2055: Infected seen to have spread to North America. Military preparedness results in a far more contained infection. Hundreds of thousands in the United States, Canada, and Mexico die.

March 11, 2061: The United States Army begins experimenting with the combat prowess of infected animals, who are shown to have a friendly connection to humans who treat them well, much like dogs. Initial tests exceed expectations. Later that same year, China, Russia, Vietnam, and N. Korea react by signing the Kommu Pact, ensuring protection against the now utterly overpowered West.

July 2, 2063: The Kommu alliance declares war on the United States. Infected used to great effect.

November 9, 2066: The war ends. Communist states are dissolved, China and Russia (and all of Asia) are now under the jurisdiction of the NATO.

December 25th, 2072: The now divided regions that were once Japan begin to open up to the outside world. Mostly through scientific trade-off.

February 1, 2081: Japanese scientists sneak into heavily infected Brazil. They recover the DNA of one of the individuals believed to be one of the first infected.
Beliefs are that the infected are actually the next phase in evolution, and to find one of the originals would better help their understanding. There are many tried and failed cloning attempts, before a final experiment is successful. The result of this experiment, capable of self-induced energy-matter transference, is responsible for the death of dozens before escaping.

May 22, 2081: Ash Ketchum turns 10 years old

Ha ha ha, I wish I had read that somewhere besides a Pokemon thread

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The real reveal was HYPE AS FUCK

Well, we got the CoroCoro leaked a bit before that (like usual for Smash News!), so that Smash was all stuff we knew haha.

I imagine the next CoroCoro will probably just repeat the information tonight more or less too...it'd be funny if it leaked tonight before the announcement.

Well I think its more that we named the Pokemon about what they said.
Like why the word Mama exist. Babies first sound are Mama and Papa. So we picked this word to designated the Mother and Father.

But that still started in the anime.

In the early canon games they just made cries. In Stadium they took it to the next level by having them use the same cries in the games, but using animal noises to mimic the pitch and tone of the 8-bit cries.

It was cool as hell.

I mean they even made Jynx sound like a real animal.

Blue/Red/Green: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3D2Me5BxUE

Stadium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApPJACXCdoM

chrono01

we need more unrealistic expectations and unfulfillable fan dreams in here

I think the creation of real-world Pokemon is about as surreal as anyone might theorize.

...And it could very well be true! Check back in at 20:00 [Japan Time] to find out!

Watch Da Birdie

He's never personally introduced a Gen before if you think about is (atleast from IV and up), usually it's revealed suddenly on a website, and then through a kid's magazine, CoroCoro, and then the nutty Pokemon Smash dudes freak out over SNES-era walking technology.

I'm glad Nintendo's giving Pokemon more of a spotlight honestly, it's a big seller, but they usually shove it to the side when it comes to E3 and such.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If they do Eevee starter the Internet might explode but I would absolutely love it, from a gameplay perspective too. Give you stone early on as a choice. It would also show they're not afraid to shake the formula drastically.

But even I feel it's a bit sacrilegious though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think the creation of real-world Pokemon is about as surreal as anyone might theorize.

...And it could very well be true! Check back in at 20:00 [Japan Time] to find out!

Dear god, can you imagine? Holy shit man, every person's childhood dream come true. Of course it won't happen, that would be much bigger news. Just think about it for a moment though.

will probably be asleep at 6 am but i will get my lol prediction out of the way

Gen 1 blue/red remake (yup again B^) and only gen 1 :p for 3DS.

real prediction, its a new gen for 3DS :O

Is he usually THAT excited about a new gen? That hype makes me think is something even bigger than just GEN VI, and that makes me go on board to the supersonic HYPE TRAIN
wich is likely to explode in disappointment in a couple of hours

Well Masuda has only really directed the main Pokemon games, not any of the spinoffs. So if Masuda is super hyped about revealing this thing, it's more likely than not going to be Gen VI, whatever form that may take.

I think the Pokemon Rainbow rumor is a bit silly, to be honest. They're not going to leave out Gen V Pokemon.

Watch Da Birdie

If they do Eevee starter the Internet might explode but I would absolutely love it, from a gameplay perspective too. Give you stone early on as a choice. It would also show they're not afraid to shake the formula drastically.

But even I feel it's a bit sacrilegious though.

It's been done.

In Pokemon XD (the second Gamecube one) you got Eevee at the beginning and during the early part of the game you got Evolution Items for all his current forms, this was pre-Leafeon and Glaceon.

rouken

we need more unrealistic expectations and unfulfillable fan dreams in here

here's mine: online play

You gain furniture instead of badges then you put that furniture in your home in pallet town, you can design your house and put pokemans in there. You harvest berries and fish for magikarps. Its my dream pokemon game

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's been done.

In Pokemon XD (the second Gamecube one) you got Eevee at the beginning and during the early part of the game you got Evolution Items for all his current forms, this was pre-Leafeon and Glaceon.
Is XD the one with the dark Pokemon as part of the plot?

Never paid attention to console games much after Stadium 2.

chrono01

Dear god, can you imagine? Holy shit man, every person's childhood dream come true. Of course it won't happen, that would be much bigger news. Just think about it for a moment though.

I'm thinking about it.
...I'm thinking some more.
...I'm loving what I'm thinking about.

*chrono01 waits [as patiently as he can] for 20:00 [Japan Time]*

Watch Da Birdie

Is XD the one with the dark Pokemon as part of the plot?

Never paid attention to console games much after Stadium 2.

It and its prequel, Colosseum, have "Shadow Pokemon"...they start with unique moves, but are hard to control. XD is the one with Shadow Lugia.

They're pretty fun, but lite on the Stadium aspect, and the Shadow Pokemon mechanic can get a bit frustrating and annoying. Colosseum is cooler, imo, because you start out with a badass Espeon and Umbreon and the music rocks.

Oh shit, what if Nintendo isn't announcing a new Pokémon game at all? What if they are actually announcing they're going to be selling real Pokémon? I will look into this and report back my findings.

EDIT: Apparently I'm not the only person on this road. Fingers crossed!

an online co-op feature but it requires you beating the game three times, finding an item held by a 1% encounter rate Pokemon in a cave, and walking to a specific shack in the woods, and it only lasts for 30 minutes

gosox333

This is like when you were a kid, and the weather forecaster was predicting a blizzard a couple days off. At first you don't want to get too excited, but in the back of your mind you start freaking out about the possible snow day. But as the days roll on, the predictions just keep getting better and better, until you're at the point where they're saying it's going to be the biggest storm of all time.

So now you're all "fuck yeah snow day" and go to bed knowing there won't be school tomorrow, but you wake up and there's barely two inches of snow on the ground.

tldr; too much hype, and I'm scared.

CorvoSol

Legendaries pokemon are gods. I dont think its fair to allow Pokemons who can destroy space and time into a fight between normal pokemons.

But Mewtwo is like the Jesus of Pokemon. You know, the bridge between PokeMan and PokeGod. Plus he was man-made, like Porygon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom