• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
0fnrw.gif

That's me in PokeGaf Hype. I'm losing, I'm spinning, I can't control it anymore. Too many people are hyping right now, and I can't resist it anymore.

I must held on my own sanity.

Bully.gif

Tehalemi

What the Hell is this? What are You all still doing uP at this hour, go to bEd.

Damn thing doesn't start for another 5zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NeoGAF: the forum that never sleeps...even when it's unconscious.

Heh, this is pretty much me at the moment:

shakecg0.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If its Snap 2 it needs to have a 3DS and Wii U version.

And upgradeable cameras and lenses.
It would be cool if there was a geotagging element or something with it and you could take the 3DS version on the go and bring it back to the Wii U to continue playing around your living room. Not sure if 3DS is capable of that though.

I'm curious if a WiiU PokeMon game would be seriously in the cards. PokeMon seems to operate on a level almost independent of Nintendo. B/W2 could have been 3DS exclusives and juiced sales of the system when it needed it most. But instead, it released on DS with the 3DS as an afterthought.

So, would they want a PokeMon game on WiiU? Or would they stick to the handheld bread & butter? It's a fascinating thought, and I'm very curious what tomorrow brings.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm curious if a WiiU PokeMon game would be seriously in the cards. PokeMon seems to operate on a level almost independent of Nintendo. B/W2 could have been 3DS exclusives and juiced sales of the system when it needed it most. But instead, it released on DS with the 3DS as an afterthought.

So, would they want a PokeMon game on WiiU? Or would they stick to the handheld bread & butter? It's a fascinating thought, and I'm very curious what tomorrow brings.

Nah, making it WiiU only would be getting rid of the pocket in pocket monsters. The most we could see is a game that is both at the same time, you can play 3D on the road or HD at home. That would be pretty cool. Shared save between consoles.

I just checked all of Masuda's blog, and I can confirm that he's ONLY made entries for the latest and greatest Pokemon core titles. Not a single entry anywhere about any spinoff game / anything not made by Game Freak.

He talked an awful lot about Pokemon Black and White 1, and he seemed really excited about it after it was announced, so there's even more proof that his excitement with this new post correlates with something big, not Pokemon B&W 3 or something like that.

CorvoSol

That makes no sense within the context of the games, though for the following reasons:

1)Mewtwo was not born in Cerulean Cave. As of RBYG, nobody even knew that Mewtwo had gone there after the incident on Cinnabar.
2)Dittos cannot be found on Cinnabar, where Mewtwo was born and the experiments were conducted, and it CAN be found outside of Fuschia city, which has nothing to do with Mewtwo and Mew.
3)Mewtwo isn't stated to be a clone of Mew in the games, but the genetically altered child of Mew. While that doesn't rule cloning out, it does suggest that Mewtwo was born naturally, which would not explain the origins of an entire SPECIES of Pokemon. Furthermore, Mewtwo's poor disposition in the games is attributed to the horrible experiments conducted on it, suggesting Mewtwo was alive when altered, or rather, was in all likelihood born a regular Mew and subsequently altered afterward.
4) Mew is only genderless because all legendaries must be. In the games, The Mew is described as being pregnant and giving birth to a child.
Ditto theory is bogus.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Honestly though guys the Nintendo Australia site (which the HTML that's been shown around) is a mishmash of the UK/Europe site.

I doubt they specfically made that page with for this event and so the 3DS tags are likely a hold over. Seriously, go through any other page of Nintendo.com.au and look at all the edits and comments made to the Nintendo.co.uk core base. It's a mess.

It probably is the new generation and on the 3DS but yeah - this is just a coincidence.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That makes no sense within the context of the games, though for the following reasons:

1)Mewtwo was not born in Cerulean Cave. As of RBYG, nobody even knew that Mewtwo had gone there after the incident on Cinnabar.
2)Dittos cannot be found on Cinnabar, where Mewtwo was born and the experiments were conducted, and it CAN be found outside of Fuschia city, which has nothing to do with Mewtwo and Mew.
3)Mewtwo isn't stated to be a clone of Mew in the games, but the genetically altered child of Mew. While that doesn't rule cloning out, it does suggest that Mewtwo was born naturally, which would not explain the origins of an entire SPECIES of Pokemon. Furthermore, Mewtwo's poor disposition in the games is attributed to the horrible experiments conducted on it, suggesting Mewtwo was alive when altered, or rather, was in all likelihood born a regular Mew and subsequently altered afterward.

Ditto theory is bogus.

Pokemon theory, especially Gen 1 era tend to be terrible.

Teknoman

4) Mew is only genderless because all legendaries must be. In the games, The Mew is described as being pregnant and giving birth to a child.
Ditto theory is bogus.

Speaking of which, whats up with tube thing sticking out of Mewtwo's neck?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
As long as I'ma be up all night why not take in a movie or two?

Got Arceus and the Jewel of Life playing right now!

Should be enough time to catch another afterwards so what'll it be? I got all of 'em released on dvd in english thus far!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
As long as I'ma be up all night why not take in a movie or two?

Got Arceus and the Jewel of Life playing right now!

Should be enough time to catch another afterwards so what'll it be? I got all of 'em released on dvd in english thus far!

I recommend watching Unown, Celebi, Lati@s, or Lucario for all of the feels

Then with the way he's hyping it it could either be MMO or some major Wii U- 3DS cross play or something.

GF has never been given Wii U dev kits iirc

As much as I want to get hyped, I'm just gonna keep my expectations in check. This is Nintendo were talking about it could easily be a Pokemon themed 3DS or something.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This thread is weird.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Gotta love how the movies had continuity between the Sinnoh legend focused movies.

"Giratina's rage is just to strong."

But is it stronger than Hugh's?

I recommend watching Unown, Celebi, Lati@s, or Lucario for all of the feels
There's no time for all of those! I remember the Celebi one being nice & relaxing... might be a good choice.

Teknoman

Second spinal cord, AFAIK.

"One of Mewtwo's most notable features is the tube extending from the back of its skull to its spine. It is most likely a secondary spinal cord, or a system of nerves, allowing for an increased amount of blood and sensory transmission to the brain, heightening its psychic powers."

I knew it was a mutant but damn...I need to go to bed before I start asking about Deoxys.

This announcement can't come soon enough, If it was just GEN VI, I'll be dissapointed, I want something for both 3DS (Fen VI) & Wii U (Kanto HD w/ old art style).
pokemans_083.gif

Rubius

Ditto theory is bogus.

Except that, do you really think they would keep Mew Two failed copy hanging around the office? They would throw them away. In a secret place.
Pokemon
Mewtwo is a Clone. Its confirmed in the game.
"Mewtwo is a Pokémon that was created by genetic manipulation. However, even though the scientific power of humans created this Pokémon's body, they failed to endow Mewtwo with a compassionate heart.
Emerald
A Pokémon that was created by genetic manipulation. However, even though the scientific power of humans made its body, they failed to give it a warm heart.
FireRed
A Pokémon whose genetic code was repeatedly recombined for research. It turned vicious as a result.
LeafGreen
It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene-splicing and DNA-engineering experiments."

The theory make sense. You never succeed the first time with a clone, and ditto being the only Pokemon outside of mew who can transform into 648 Pokemon, shows that its linked.

Hey guys! Guess where I just was? With one of my best friends while he got a tattoo of this:

There's a bit of orange coloring on it, it turned out completely awesome. My other friend got a Mewtwo one several months back in the same vein.

Anyway, now I'm back and rolling full speed ahead on the hype train. I'm considering staying up, but in case I fall asleep I have my alarm set for 4:50 a.m.

LET'S DO THIS

CorvoSol

Speaking of which, whats up with tube thing sticking out of Mewtwo's neck?

I think it's allegedly a spinal cord or pumps more blood. Whatever it is, it probably wasn't naturally meant to be there.

Mew can be found in a cave - commonly??

At first I thought it said that, then I realized it was just bad syntax.

"One of Mewtwo's most notable features is the tube extending from the back of its skull to its spine. It is most likely a secondary spinal cord, or a system of nerves, allowing for an increased amount of blood and sensory transmission to the brain, heightening its psychic powers."

I knew it was a mutant but damn...I need to go to bed before I start asking about Deoxys.

Suddenly Mr. Fuji and Blaine don't seem like such nice guys, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom