• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed they said no mutant namely x-men. Does that still leave the fantastic 4 in? Dr. Doom?

breh, the Fantastic Four doesn't have an ongoing right now, I doubt Marvel is going to add them

but Dr. Doom is definitely in since he's an Iron Man now and was a big part in Battleworld

TreIII

Well, one good thing to come from no STINKIN MUTANTS? It does mean other aspects of Marvel are that much more likely.

Bring on Devil Dinosaur and Moon Girl. At least that'd be one Inhuman besides Captain Marvel I'd care about!

Marvel

could never
hwhmzZD.jpg

Negaduck

Can we fix hsien ko's movement speed please.

God if every bad character in Mvc3 for good quality of life buffs and were actually good.

Thor commeth

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just so there's documentation in this thread and I like to read as close to primary sources as I can, McWhertor's response about X-Men and another about how he has no information about FF/other characters.

In response to @TotalMackerel:
@MikeMcWhertor Is the no X-men bit from your source or just an assumption based on the current state of Marvel?

@MikeMcWhertor
@TotalMackerel both from sources and Marvel's business practices

@MikeMcWhertor
@AgeOfMyself all I've heard is to expect zero mutants — unsure of how that extends to Fantastic Four, Deadpool, etc.

MoxManiac

Wolverine hasn't always been the poster boy. In x-men vs SF it was ryu/cyclops hence the handshake title screen, and in mshvsf (and i guess mvc1) it changed to ryu/cap.

FStop7

Banned
Damn, I remember when the X-Men and Spidey were the only things Marvel could count on. This arrangement with Fox has sort of ruined what used to be their best franchise. At least they worked something out with Sony for Spidey.

Neonep

Damn, I remember when the X-Men and Spidey were the only things Marvel could count on. This arrangement with Fox has sort of ruined what used to be their best franchise. At least they worked something out with Sony for Spidey.
Spider-Man is a guarantee for this game 100%.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not gonna do the whole roster thing because we have little to work off ATM and it only gets interesting when the quirky picks start coming out, but I am a simple man with simple requests.

I know we'll be getting Iron Man, but one of the only requests I'd have is for Quake to make it in. In the MCU she's one of the most fleshed out characters that we've seen develop quite a bit over the years, so it would be cool for her to get a nod. Or at the very least, as an assist character.

Otherwise I want to be surprised with the choices
not really leak dat shit pls

What would happen if the sources are saying the no X-Men part on purpose just to let fans be surprised at the reveal by showing Wolverine or someone else?

Yeah, I know that's a bit too much, tried to persuade myself about the idea of not having them.

Buzzati

Banned
What would happen if the sources are saying the no X-Men part on purpose just to let fans be surprised at the reveal by showing Wolverine or someone else?

Yeah, I know that's a bit too much, tried to persuade myself about the idea of not having them.

That's a bit too much. Just come to terms with the fact that Marvel doesn't give a shit about the iconic legacy of the characters in Marvel games.

C: "It's like not having Ryu in Streetfighter!"
M: "What? I was too busy diddling myself. Did you say something about Fox being fuckers?" *sniffs fingers*

That's a bit too much. Just come to terms with the fact that Marvel doesn't give a shit about the iconic legacy of the characters in Marvel games.

C: "It's like not having Ryu in Streetfighter!"
M: "What? I was too busy diddling myself. Did you say something about Fox being fuckers?" *sniffs fingers*

Yes, I'll have to get used to the idea.
At least we have a new game and maybe the addition of X-Men via DLC...

MoxManiac

So if these rumors are real, does it mean that we won't have to worry about future installments anymore, that a MvC5 or whatever is likely some day?

amtrack

Neo Member
theyre gonna put in mags, wolverine, doom, deadpool and sentinel right? please don't tell me marvel is really doing this nonsense...right guys?

MADGAME

Statements by Jeremy Latcham informed us that Phase 4 of MCU will be changing things up quite a bit. I'd expect to see characters in MvC4 that may not seem immediately relevant but will in the not too distant future. I wonder if any of the below could be possibilities, along with some obvious ones.

Falcon
Thanos
War Machine
Mephisto
Wasp
Doc Oc
Green Goblin
Sandman
Whatever other villain(s) in the upcoming Spidey movie.

Edit: Meant to post in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom