• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
E7RVxZR.jpg

half life, 3 screenshots

Evilisk

It looks cool but it's probably fake

Wasn't there a fake image of some fake UMVC3 update in the past? I definitely remember something, I think it was UMVC3X or something like that, and it was an image of a yellow X overlaid on some background

That being a thing makes me really skeptical of this image

I agree and disagree. I think Capcom's roster is still really huge and diverse but with series that has as many awesome and dynamic characters as Street Fighter and Darkstalkers it sucks that we see the same boring ones every time. Obviously there's no way you can cut them but I really wish there was more room to show off other characters (Hsien-Ko was awesome in 3).

Hsien Ko was ass in 3 though

mreddie

Asura.
MH rep.

But who else can you add to Capcom side? Call SNK and Namco to borrow some peeps?

I agree, MSH 2 sounds much better.

SaikyoBro

Hsien Ko was ass in 3 though

Well yeah she was definitely garbage, I just meant it was cool seeing one of the more quirky Darkstalkers characters being acknowledged and seeing all her animations in 3D. I don't know if I'd specifically want her to return but I'd like to see a third Darkstalker again for sure.

Evilisk

Asura.
MH rep.

But who else can you add to Capcom side? Call SNK and Namco to borrow some peeps?

I agree, MSH 2 sounds much better.

There's always Dragon's Dogma and Remember Me (lol)

For DD someone mentioned Daimon. We could also get Savan, the Arisen from the prologue of the game

Also I recall an interview where I think a Power Stone character and Gene were considered for Mahvel 3. I maybe remembering wrong but I think we have options.

Probably? It's a 4 on a black background.

UMvC3-Expansion.jpg

That's the picture

It's why I'm very skeptical of an image "leak"

Evilisk

Well yeah she was definitely garbage, I just meant it was cool seeing one of the more quirky Darkstalkers characters being acknowledged and seeing all her animations in 3D. I don't know if I'd specifically want her to return but I'd like to see a third Darkstalker again for sure.

Oh that makes sense

Personally I'd love Bulleta as the third Darkstalkers character instead. They should also add Cable so I could run Team Guns, Guns and More Guns (Bulleta, Cable and Deadpool)

Alternatively, Jedah would be awesome too.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oh that makes sense

Personally I'd love Bulleta as the third Darkstalkers character instead. They should also add Cable so I could run Team Guns, Guns and More Guns (Bulleta, Cable and Deadpool)

Alternatively, Jedah would be awesome too.

Hsien Ko would have bene a fine character if they had given her the mobility and cancels she had in Darkstalkers.

This takes me back to the days of MVC3. I was only a lurker back then, but reading various posts got me extra hyped. That's exactly how I'm feeling now.

Zaverious

To give some ideas, for Tatsunoko these Capcom characters were considered for the game:
Leon (Resident Evil)
Nash (Street Fighter)
Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara)
Ibuki (Street Fighter)
M. Bison (Street Fighter)
Z-AKUMA (Cyberbots: Metal Madness)
Tiara Hime (Gaia Masters)
Nero (Devil May Cry)
June (Star Gladiator)
Rouge (Power Stone)
Tyrant (Resident Evil)
Hinata Wakaba (Rival Schools)
Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)

Phoenix Wright, Arthur, and Hsien-Ko were considered but made it to MvC3 instead.

For (Ultimate)Marvel vs Capcom 3 these were considered or scrapped:

Marvel
Doctor Octopus (hacking the game to find files for him and Frank West in the 1st iteration)
Silver Surfer

Capcom
Gene (God Hand)
Mega Man
Hunter (Monster Hunter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom