• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr0st

Banned
teaser trailer? MVC remastered?
looks like inspired by Marvel Studios new logo intro. Also same "4" logo design
wPoToqD.jpg

P4DSaqU.jpg

oh lord please help me

SaikyoBro

Before I head to bed here's a mock-up I threw together in Photoshop of the 44 character roster I posted a few pages back. I mostly just wanted an idea of how some of the new characters and designs could mesh visually with the rest of the cast (I probably somehow know even less about current Marvel comics than I did when 3 was coming out so please forgive me if I used any outdated designs).

Seeing them together one of the big things I noticed is a lack of villains, especially on the Capcom side with Wesker, Firebrand, Nemesis, and Akuma all cut... I'd love to see any of them come back (and I think Firebrand and especially Akuma have an OK chance), especially Wesker since he was so popular in 3. Is there any hope for him even though he's been dead for 7 years or so?

I leave GAF and twitter for like two days and this shit goes down.

If MvC4 is real and ends up being announced... I can't even think of a proper "I would do such-and-such", absolutely nothing would prepare me for this, not even potential prior knowledge.

Also, David_hayter you gotta stop man, this is brutal, you can't play us like this.

Da-Kid

OK GUYS LETS TALK CHARACTER REHAULS!

For one... Iron Man needs a complete moveset rehaul.
He needs this:
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F05%2FgqYhD.gif

His unibeam needs to be replaced with a simple repulsers blast.

teaser trailer? MVC remastered?
looks like inspired by Marvel Studios new logo intro. Also same "4" logo design
wPoToqD.jpg

P4DSaqU.jpg

I gotta give props if that's fake, that just looks cool. Keeps in line with how UMVC3 trailers used the old "page flip" Marvel logo and made something similar for Capcom.

PLEASE BE REEEEEEAL!

sinkfla87

If they do stick closer to the MCU and try to avoid Fox properties, then we could see the following newcomers join the roster:

Black Widow
Vision
Black Panther
Winter Soldier
Ant Man
Scarlet Witch
Falcon
Daredevil
Punisher
Luke Cage
Any of the Guardians of the Galaxy...

I know I'm missing a lot, help me out here lol.

The one thing that I can't get out of my head that makes me still think this has to be fake, is it sure seems like neither Capcom or Sony came out all that great on the SFV deal. It didn't sell well, and it didn't seem to have any hardware impact on Sony's side.

Would just be really surprising to me to see them partner again for another fighter after that. But then again, I'm reminded how much Marvel has said they want to push hard into console gaming.........

Buzzati

Banned
I have to get out of this thread because if this turns out to be fake, I can't guarantee I won't find and kill you people for doing this to me.

TreIII

The one thing that I can't get out of my head that makes me still think this has to be fake, is it sure seems like neither Capcom or Sony came out all that great on the SFV deal. It didn't sell well, and it didn't seem to have any hardware impact on Sony's side.

Would just be really surprising to me to see them partner again for another fighter after that. But then again, I'm reminded how much Marvel has said they want to push hard into console gaming.........

And that's what I think could make the difference. If Marvel is already in bed with Sony for the likes of an exclusive Spider-Man game, how many more "dream projects" may have gotten greenlit in efforts of helping to get back in the console game?

Could be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

eggandI

Banned
If they do stick closer to the MCU and try to avoid Fox properties, then we could see the following newcomers join the roster:

Black Widow
Vision
Black Panther
Winter Soldier
Ant Man
Scarlet Witch
Falcon
Daredevil
Punisher
Luke Cage

Quicksilver
Loki
Thanos

Black Widow
Vision
Black Panther
Winter Soldier
Ant Man
Scarlet Witch
Falcon
Daredevil
Punisher
Luke Cage

I'm almost certain they'd throw in Ms. Marvel. Punisher would be neat as they could pull and remix music from Capcom's Punisher game. Peter Quill / Star Lord would make for an interesting gameplay mechanic with his Elemental Gun (kinda like Ammy)

I just hope they could find a way to add Stan Lee as an optional announcer somehow. Come on Capcom, you made 8 Marvel games (9 if you include Ultimate), there's just no excuse you can't work him into the game somehow.

One nitpicky thing that bothers me... "ALMOST 20 years"?

It's been more than 20 years since Akuma showed up in X-Men:CotA. It has been a little more than 20 years since X-Men vs Street Fighter.

Like I said, it's nitpicky, but if that's real it is actually underselling how long Marvel and Capcom have been partnering together on fighters.

One nitpicky thing that bothers me... "ALMOST 20 years"?

It's been more than 20 years since Akuma showed up in X-Men:CotA. It has been a little more than 20 years since X-Men vs Street Fighter.

Like I said, it's nitpicky, but if that's real it is actually underselling how long Marvel and Capcom have been partnering together on fighters.

Yeah I was thinking that too. Plus, the image posted shows artwork from MSH vs SF which seems weird to me, just what counts as "Marvel vs Capcom"? Like I said, if it turns out to be fake (the initial 4 picture looked kinda funky to me), I'll gotta give the guy props for making it look cool.

xaosslug

peeps cry 'fake' at the pics and even say the '4' logo is from the last Fantastic 4 movie poster... but where are the receipts to debunk 'em, y'all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom