• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Unless you can suddenly produce a role OM for the hutts that doesn't say they can recruit you, your argument is invalid.

OH PLEASE.

You and I both know I can't possibly produce that, and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to post it here because of the game's PM rules, stated on Page 1.

Do you understand what I'm saying, Terra?

I have been nothing but helpful and transparent to you all, and this is the thanks I get? An angry mob wishing to burn me at the stake simply for being a Hutt, a powerless one at that?

I am offering you solid game advice:

1. Keep me alive so that I may use my vote to help you win.
  2. Don't waste today's Detainment on a powerless individual who is USELESS AT NIGHT.
LISTEN TO ME

Zubz

Banned
I'm half convince Blarg is taking the bullet to make sure the Hutt can kill you two tonight.

I think we're on the same page here. Blarg is doing nothing to convince us he's worthwhile. He wins when the Hutts win, so there's no reason to be truthful about the holoprojector. Even if he doesn't know who the Hutts are, he's also relying on them getting voting power. Letting 2 Rebels get taken down in the night helps them out with that, and he's already made it clear that he's here to divert us. If we detain Blarg now, then we lose 1 Hutt, but 2 Rebels in the night (What kind of Hutt would pass a free kill like this up?). If we do the "Detain one of the Combat Buddies Plan," we only lose one. And I don't want to be awful and vote for Edge.

MattyG, would I be able to vote for myself if it's for legitimate strategic/not being terrible to a teammate purposes? Just promise me you guys will detain Blarg next.

CzarTim

Not detaining him is dumb.

But seriously blarg, please join us again next game. I was unsure about you at first, but you made this game interesting.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
Yeah, I don't see an upside to you staying. You say you'll help us, but your end game is still to remove us from the picture. You are just hoping we use your vote to to detain more rebels before we get a better idea on who the hutts are.

VOTE: blargonaut

Also, just incase it matters at this point.

UnGunVote: blargonaut

You were lobying pretty hard to get that gun. I wonder how you really planned to use it for...

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I think we're on the same page here. Blarg is doing nothing to convince us he's worthwhile. He wins when the Hutts win, so there's no reason to be truthful about the holoprojector. Even if he doesn't know who the Hutts are, he's also relying on them getting voting power. Letting 2 Rebels get taken down in the night helps them out with that, and he's already made it clear that he's here to divert us. If we detain Blarg now, then we lose 1 Hutt, but 2 Rebels in the night (What kind of Hutt would pass a free kill like this up?). If we do the "Detain one of the Combat Buddies Plan," we only lose one. And I don't want to be awful and vote for Edge.

MattyG, would I be able to vote for myself if it's for legitimate strategic/not being terrible to a teammate purposes? Just promise me you guys will detain Blarg next.
I have one main problem with this, namely that if we don't detain him today, we are probably doing it tomorrow. Then the game goes back to night. So let's look at these two possibilities:

1. We detain you, -1 rebel, but confirmation of Worthy. Someone dies due to hurt, since they will obviously not go for Worthy since he would be protected by a doctor(assuming we have one), we detain blarg the next day, Worthy dies since doctors usually can't protect the same person twice.

2. We detain blarg, one of you vet's protected and either you get lucky and survive, or you don't and you both die.

Possibility one, we have 3 practically guaranteed dead rebels with not much to show for it, if anything. Possibility 2 has 2 with not much to show for it, but at least we still have that extra guy.

I have one main problem with this, namely that if we don't detain him today, we are probably doing it tomorrow. Then the game goes back to night. So let's look at these two possibilities:

1. We detain you, -1 rebel, but confirmation of Worthy. Someone dies due to hurt, since they will obviously not go for Worthy since he would be protected by a doctor(assuming we have one), we detain blarg the next day, Worthy dies since doctors usually can't protect the same person twice.

2. We detain blarg, one of you vet's protected and either you get lucky and survive, or you don't and you both die.

Possibility one, we have 3 practically guaranteed dead rebels with not much to show for it, if anything. Possibility 2 has 2 with not much to show for it, but at least we still have that extra guy.

I can vest Worthy tonight, though I don't think he'll be a big target after the buddies link has been severed.

Zubz

Banned

... Huh. I guess this does save us some time, now that I think about; it gets Blarg out of the way tonight, and although Edge and I are 2 Rebels, we are literally useless (If anything, we're a detriment!). Leaving Edge for the next day means that the Hutts might kill a useful Rebel in the night instead (No offense!), preventing them from working their Jedi magic.

As fun as that strategy/Mad Max quote was...

Unvote: Setre

Vote: Blargonaut

Just promise me you'll look into Setre tomorrow.

You ready, Edge?

tumblr_mm4v5q6y411re9i0ko1_500.gif

Sorry Blarg, but I think you have to go.

You might not be able to bring yourself into the fold but it could quite possibly be a Hutt power role to do it from their side.
If we don't detain you who's votes are you going to go with? I don't see any situation where having one extra vote would be useful without you needing to choose sides yourself.

VOTE: blargonaut

On the Worthy/Zubz situation I edge towards thinking they are being truthful but I'm a long way from calling them confirmed rebels.

That is such a flimsy argument and I don't understand why you people are clinging to it.

How desperate do you want me to go, hm?

Okay, I'll bite:

I'll straight-up inform you if that happens. I'll literally tell on them.

---

You all need to understand the simple truths of this matter:

1. The Hutts won't dare kill me because I am a Hutt. I add to their player count, which they *need* to maintain at maximum if they want to win this game.
  2. The Hutts won't dare kill me at Night, because I am a Hutt; and, killing me under the cover of darkness unseen by any witnesses gains them no points towards pretending to be Rebels during the Day.
  3. Thus, the ones who are pushing the most to detain me TODAY, are LIKELY to be Hutts themselves. I am a utterly convenient target; detaining me today wastes the Rebels' lynch for Day 2 thereby keeping the Hutts' power roles safe from being luckily hit by the semi-random lynch that would've happened if I didn't Role-claim today, and the Hutts probably don't mind sacrificing one of their powerless members if it means they gain street cred with the Rebels during the daytime by voting a Hutt out, allowing their power roles to survive for longer.
  4. The Hutts will never trust me now. I have nothing to gain from helping them, BUT, they won't dare kill me during the Nights because I am a Hutt. They'll only risk killing me via legal detainment during the Day, for that aforementioned street cred that they stand to gain. I have effectively made myself immune to Night attack, unless I'm taken out during the Night by an amateur Mafia player who doesn't think about the long game, LIKE WHAT YOU'RE ALL DOING.
  5. I implore you to not detain me. You gain far more with my single vote on your side. It matters more than you all think. Every vote counts, and the Rebels need voters. I am a Rebel in all but Role. I swear no more allegiance to the Hutts, and everything I will do up to this point will be for the Rebel cause and the Rebel cause alone. FOR NOW, I AM ESSENTIALLY A NIGHT-IMMUNE REBEL.
  6. I AM OF VITAL IMPORTANCE DURING THIS EARLY STAGE OF THE GAME. THIS GAME WON'T END TOMORROW. IT WON'T END THE DAY AFTER. MY VOTE CAN HELP YOU FOR AT LEAST 2 MORE DAYS.

DRIVE THESE FACTS IN, PLEASE

Someone should make a current Vote Tally so we can see how deluded your collective judgments are. *hmph*

Re: Blargonaut

way I see it, there are a couple possible circumstances:

1. Blargo is actually a rebel and this is a total dick move. Least likely.

2. Blargo is indeed the other Imperial Agent. He has no powers and we know who he is.

3. Blargo is a regular Hutt. He tries to draw attention away from the actual Imperial Agent, bargaining for his life.

4. Blargo is a power hutt. Totally bizarre move because why risk a power role for an Agent who can't even directly communicate with you?

5. Blargo is a third party; possibly gets something by being detained.

I think we can all write off #1. IMO, #5 is most likely. If he IS the other Agent (#2), he has no reason to have actually admitted it. He can say he's a trooper of his word, but we have no reason to believe that.

That is such a flimsy argument and I don't understand why you people are clinging to it.

How desperate do you want me to go, hm?

Okay, I'll bite:

I'll straight-up inform you if that happens. I'll literally tell on them.

---

You all need to understand the simple truths of this matter:

1. The Hutts won't dare kill me because I am a Hutt. I add to their player count, which they *need* to maintain at maximum if they want to win this game.
  2. The Hutts won't dare kill me at Night, because I am a Hutt; and, killing me under the cover of darkness unseen by any witnesses gains them no points towards pretending to be Rebels during the Day.
  3. Thus, the ones who are pushing the most to detain me TODAY, are LIKELY to be Hutts themselves. I am a utterly convenient target; detaining me today wastes the Rebels' lynch for Day 2 thereby keeping the Hutts' power roles safe from being luckily hit by the semi-random lynch that would've happened if I didn't Role-claim today, and the Hutts probably don't mind sacrificing one of their powerless members if it means they gain street cred with the Rebels during the daytime by voting a Hutt out, allowing their power roles to survive for longer.
  4. The Hutts will never trust me now. I have nothing to gain from helping them, BUT, they won't dare kill me during the Nights because I am a Hutt. They'll only risk killing me via legal detainment during the Day, for that aforementioned street cred that they stand to gain. I have effectively made myself immune to Night attack, unless I'm taken out during the Night by an amateur Mafia player who doesn't think about the long game, LIKE WHAT YOU'RE ALL DOING.
  5. I implore you to not detain me. You gain far more with my single vote on your side. It matters more than you all think. Every vote counts, and the Rebels need voters. I am a Rebel in all but Role. I swear no more allegiance to the Hutts, and everything I will do up to this point will be for the Rebel cause and the Rebel cause alone. FOR NOW, I AM ESSENTIALLY A NIGHT-IMMUNE REBEL.
  6. I AM OF VITAL IMPORTANCE DURING THIS EARLY STAGE OF THE GAME. THIS GAME WON'T END TOMORROW. IT WON'T END THE DAY AFTER. MY VOTE CAN HELP YOU FOR AT LEAST 2 MORE DAYS.

DRIVE THESE FACTS IN, PLEASE

Someone should make a current Vote Tally so we can see how deluded your collective judgments are. *hmph*

But aside from you saying "I wont lie honest" how can we trust your one vote? Having an extra vote would only become useful at the point when you could also use it to win the game for the hutts.

CzarTim

Someone who is not blart explain why not detaining him is a pro-town move and who we would detain instead.

Because I'm not seeing it.

Zubz

Banned
Someone who is not blart explain why not detaining him is a pro-town move and who we would detain instead.

Ditto. I still feel like he wants to be detained, but I can't see why he'd want to do that with the "No Jesters" confirmation.

Detaining him is 100% a pro-town move. The only potential arguement is if there is a better pro-town move for tonight since we can detain him on any day (the risk being he potentially gets armed or something).

You know what?

I've realized something.

You people don't listen to reason and logic. You're all by-products of the holovid serial, all suspense and thrill and no content, all eager to slip in a peek of that tease before your breaks end.

You want a 100% die-cast Plasteel reason to not detain me today?

Because your stay on this blasted desert world would be boring without me.

The coming Days will be filled with the most boring, dull, mind-numbing conversations this side of the spiral, if you killed me off early.

F**k my vote, f**k your alliances.

I'm entertaining.

Vote on that.

It would only be useful today to save one of the combat buddies from being killed over the next two nights. We detain one of them today and then doc protects the other one and I'll send them a vest. If there's a cop type role, he can investigate to find out who's who.

CzarTim

It would only be useful today to save one of the combat buddies from being killed over the next two nights. We detain one of them today and then doc protects the other one and I'll send them a vest. If there's a cop type role, he can investigate to find out who's who.

I was under the impression that the doc saving one saves the other?

Palmer_v1

Re: Blargonaut

way I see it, there are a couple possible circumstances:

1. Blargo is actually a rebel and this is a total dick move. Least likely.

2. Blargo is indeed the other Imperial Agent. He has no powers and we know who he is.

3. Blargo is a regular Hutt. He tries to draw attention away from the actual Imperial Agent, bargaining for his life.

4. Blargo is a power hutt. Totally bizarre move because why risk a power role for an Agent who can't even directly communicate with you?

5. Blargo is a third party; possibly gets something by being detained.

I think we can all write off #1. IMO, #5 is most likely. If he IS the other Agent (#2), he has no reason to have actually admitted it. He can say he's a trooper of his word, but we have no reason to believe that.

1 is possible with the way he's posted.

2 is also possible with the way he's posted, and is as much of a dick move as #1.

3 seems incredibly unlikely. Why waste an actual mafia on a traitor role that has no night action, and cannot use their private chat?

4 is possible. He could have a revenge kill kinda role. It's even possible that it's a hidden part of their Imperial role, and that's what killed LoC. Doesn't explain what Mafia did last night, though.

5 is also possible. We know there's no joker, and I can't think of any other roles that WANT to die, but it's hard to say what MattyG might have done.

MattyG

Banned
Since that rule has been instituted after exmachina's detainment, votes for oneself won't be counted under any circumstances. Sorry!

Zubz

Banned

That's assuming we have either.

Since that rule has been instituted after exmachina's detainment, votes for oneself won't be counted under any circumstances. Sorry!

S'cool; thanks for answering! I forgot about that.

I'm going to bed and I've decided that it would be best to discuss our options for tomorrow night in more detail since theres still time before jumping on this.

im going to

UNVOTE: blargonaut

just now so we hopefully don't have a majority before I wake.

I will say that I definitely don't think blarg should be casting votes.

dude... why would you post that

like for real
The worst part of his role was already revealed, we need all the information we can to make an educated decision.

That's assuming we have either.

Shouldn't assume a cop exists, but we should assume a doc exists, as I said earlier

At this point I think it's best we assume there's a Doc until proven otherwise. The Hutt is going to be operating in the same way. The mere threat of saying there's going to be a doc on someone should deter the Hutt from the possibility of wasting a vote.

we really, really don't need more power roles outing themselves right now.

This. Don't out yourself doc.

Makai

I dont mean he reveals his identity, just shows that he's around by saving the combat buddies. Or do you think that's a bad idea?

5 is also possible. We know there's no joker, and I can't think of any other roles that WANT to die, but it's hard to say what MattyG might have done.

I suppose there is a 6th option I hadn't considered: He's a rebel power role who only gives information on death. Force Spirit type of thing. When he dies he comes back.

Top Bottom