• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Well that was some weird shit to come back to after a couple of days.

The Imperial wording is a really interesting catch Quantum, i had noticed how much more often we were using the term after the roles were revealed but I never thought to go back and see who was using it before.

Everyone has piled onto Setre pretty fast, and it's not a bad choice. He was on my list of players that I wanted to look at in more depth on day 1 and never got round to. My main issue was his explanations about why he would maintain a low post count through the game and blaming it on this being his first mafia game. Theres no real way to know how experienced he is, but it was a noticeable claim to me as it was made at the point when people were cutting Worthy and Exmachina a little slack for inexperience. I'm not sure the best way to word this but his defense also seems a little too 'thematic'. Like maybe he's going a little too far to reach for an excuse?

I'd also point out that Rymuth also uses the term, and while a little less suspicious than setre in my eyes, I still feel the low post count is a bad indicator in a game where so much weird stuff has been going on.

Theres also Blagonaut who has used the term a lot on day 1. Generally I've been less suspicious of him since he started adding some content to his character, but its still worth mentioning.

Since we're all still waiting, I'd like to recommend that we nominate Zubz or TheWorthyEdge for being detained today.
1. We can't protect the both of them and they're probably the top Hutt targets tonight since they're a two for one special. If we detain one of them today, a doc can protect the other one tonight and that one will still be alive tomorrow.
2. We'll have a confirmed rebel member tomorrow.

I know it doesn't sound like a good idea, but it might be for the best. Any thoughts?

Worthy has been/is my 'last resort' vote for today, for both the reasons you mention. I think it's a good backup plan but I'm not sure we will get as valuable information from discussion/voting patterns as we will if we look at someone else since it's kind of an easy vote.

More likely, they attack Quantum's gun recipientand kill the combat buddies later.

I could see this happening if we detain one of the combat buddies. In that case, the best strategy would be to send the other one the gun/shield and have the doctor be on them.

Theres also Blagonaut who has used the term a lot on day 1. Generally I've been less suspicious of him since he started adding some content to his character, but its still worth mentioning.

I'm thinking he might be the other Undercover Imperial. I'm waiting for him to role claim before I post my thoughts on it.

I could see this happening if we detain one of the combat buddies. In that case, the best strategy would be to send the other one the gun/shield and have the doctor be on them.

If we even have a doctor. If you are telling the truth, and we hadn't killed exmachina, then we would potentially have a ton of shields in play. After the last game it wouldn't surprise me if that was an alternative to the doc and it would at least go some of the way towards addressing the Hutt/Rebel balance issue.

Makai

I should mention that Quantum is my #1 suspicion, but not because of anything he's said. I just refuse to believe we started with two armorers. Seems insanely OP. You said you had a trick up your sleeve and I have a feeling it's going to be "I'm actually not the armorer, I'm _________."

I keep my promises.

I will Role-claim.

I am swamped's partner, the other Undercover Imperial.

But WAIT, before you make the surface-obvious move to vote to detain me today, please, I want you all to pay attention as to why I'm publicly revealing myself (lewd).

Read our Role description:
(NOTE: I'm allowed to post it because it was already revealed word-for-word in MattyG's 'Day 2 begins' post a few pages back.)

Welcome!

You are an Undercover Imperial.

You are aligned with the Hutt Mob.

The Emperor may have entrusted the Hutt Mob with the elimination of the Rebel squadron, but his faith in them is not absolute. He has sent you and REDACTED to ensure their success. The only problem is that the Mob changed their agents at the last moment, so you who have no idea who the secret Hutt Mob agents are. The Hutt Mob do know that there are two Undercover Imperials - but they don't know who you are either. Your only power is voting, so you will need to work to a Hutt Mob victory by helping lynch town, and by managing to appear suspicious enough the Hutt Mob don't want to kill you by mistake while at the same time not appearing so suspicious that the Rebels lynch you!

You win when Hutt Mob-aligned players are at least half of the remaining players.

The "REDACTED" part in the Role PM originally showed the partner's name, it was redacted by MattyG when he publicly posted swamped's Role description in this thread after her death, for obvious reasons.

As Undercover Imperials, me and swamped had a private forum in which to communicate ONLY with each other, between the two of us. Separate from the rest of the Hutts. We weren't able to communicate with the other Hutts at all.

Between us, we agreed to play the part of "good cop, bad cop"; I think it's obvious from the actions of the pair of us, who the "bad cop" was ;) I had more free-time to play the part, and so I agreed to do it. swamped would remain in the background, while I pretended to be obnoxious and loud from the start, provoking the others into hating me and coming up with stupid stuff everyday to delay and confuse the detainment debate; e.g., that creepy straw drawing, this line/box game, the GIFs, my ridiculous comments. This "noise" was the best way we could help the Hutts, because the both of us only had the ability to vote, and nothing else.

We couldn't kill or hurt Rebels at night like the rest of the Hutt power roles. I don't have any investigative or protective powers. Essentially, I'm just a useless chunk of Imperial cannon fodder.

All I have is my one vote a day, that's it.

Hence, please listen to me. The Rebels should keep me alive until I'm the last Hutt left or until I need to be killed to tip the balance back in Rebel favour, or at least until most of the Hutt power roles have been eliminated. The Rebels can easily kill me without a struggle then. Essentially, I am offering the additional firepower of my single vote as assistance to the Rebels, until it's no longer needed once I'm finally and voluntarily sacrificed for a Rebel win. Every vote counts, and right now, you need it.

I'm asking you to put me in a sort of 'livestock farm' to await being led to the slaughterhouse until I've provided enough milk for you to make a profit, so to speak.

"Well, Blargonaut," you might say, "What if you're actually a Hutt power role trying to use this Undercover Imperial thing as a convenient cover, using it to weasel your way out of your Role-claim?"

Well, to that I say: I'm not. I could've easily pretended to be an Ordinary Rebel just like redhood, or some other benign Rebel role, but I didn't. Like I said, I'm a trooper of my word. A Hutt trooper, yes, but one of solid character. Lawful Evil, probably.

If there is a cop role among you, I volunteer to be investigated tonight so whoever you are can keep what you find as proof. However, I suggest you don't, because what I'm telling you in this post is the absolute truth and you'd be wasting your Night. Yes, I understand I sound quite suspicious saying that but trust me, there's no sense in lying to any of you now that I've posted all of this.

But, cop Role, if you do; I trust that, whoever you are you will confirm my Role-claim here, to rest of the crew when the time comes to finally reveal yourself and what you've found. I don't mind, please do so.

---

And to my fellow Hutts, whoever you are; please don't kill me for revealing myself and betraying you.

Remember, the Rebels currently outnumber you. That's a fact.

You gain nothing by killing a fellow Hutt member and reducing the amount of Hutts currently in the game; that just brings you closer to an early defeat. Even though my vote is potentially dangerous to the Hutts and it seems that I'm using it like a turncoat against you; right now, no one knows your identities for certain, and because of that, right now my vote remains just as deadly to the Rebels as it is to you, my Imperial comrades!

I say again; the game is still in its early days, and the Hutts have nothing to gain from killing me for vengeance right now.

---

I guess I'm a known quantity now. Do what you will; but, no matter how the game plays out, both factions absolutely benefit from keeping me alive for a little while longer. I've thought this through, believe me. All I'm asking is for all of you to do the same.

However, truthfully; I enjoy being a part of the game, and I just want to survive to participate in this for as long as possible, honestly.

FAKE EDIT:

Well that was some weird shit to come back to after a couple of days.

The Imperial wording is a really interesting catch Quantum, i had noticed how much more often we were using the term after the roles were revealed but I never thought to go back and see who was using it before.

*snip*

*snip*

That's something I would've never caught onto :eek: Subconscious influence from the wording in the Role PM that caused me to use the word 'Imperial' instead of 'Hutt' since Day 1? Far too deep, but it's apparently true, looking at my previous posts :/

*snip*

I'm thinking he might be the other Undercover Imperial. I'm waiting for him to role claim before I post my thoughts on it.

You're pretty good.

If we even have a doctor. If you are telling the truth, and we hadn't killed exmachina, then we would potentially have a ton of shields in play. After the last game it wouldn't surprise me if that was an alternative to the doc and it would at least go some of the way towards addressing the Hutt/Rebel balance issue.

If it was an alternative to Doc, I'd think the shields would become protect the same night they were sent. The roles not perfect either, sure you can send as many shields and guns as you want, but if one of them accidentally goes to a Hutt member, you done fucked up. It's a very doubled edged sword.

At this point I think it's best we assume there's a Doc until proven otherwise. The Hutt is going to be operating in the same way. The mere threat of saying there's going to be a doc on someone should deter the Hutt from the possibility of wasting a vote.

You're pretty good.

Well goddamn. I'm going to post all my evidence anyway, cause I didn't type it all up for nothing. But, you need to explain the straw picture for me, lol.

Evidence Post below...

So, I'm just going to come out and say it, I think Blargonaut is the second Undercover Imperial. Now before I begin, I'd like to remind everyone that I accused exmachina64 yesterday and look how that went. I'm probably wrong about this too, but I want to get some discussion going since we've got less than a day left and I also want Blarg to answer some questions.

General Weirdness
Since the beginning, Blargonaut's been posting in a very unique way, standing out among everyone else. However, there's some post that make me think it's more than just being weird for the sake of it, especially now that we know there's an undercover imperial out there.
*cough* 23 18 M:05/D:04/---- DECT, N LYN *cough*
HahhahYhahahaLYNhaa

How exciting!
I have taken a solitary walk in the desert to reflect upon our situation.

And, after much moral introspection, it is with a heavy heart that I must submit to you my fellow marooned, the painfully optimal solution to our 'double agent' conundrum:

mbQM1wO.png

We should draw straws.

Curly ones are hard to wash, but it's all hypothetical.
The picture in particular is driving me crazy since there has to be something there. Only thing I've found is 23, which leads to this post.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164196001&postcount=23
But that's probably just paranoia talking.
Mea culpa, ignore me if you wish.
Terabyte20xx - Likes me not?
Traube - Likes me?
Lord of Castamere - Likes me not?
Redhood56 - Likes me?
exmachina64 - Likes me not?
Palmer_v1 - Likes me?
CzarTim - Likes me not?
OceanicAir - Likes me?
Barrylocke - Likes me not?
Zippedpinhead - Likes me?
AbsolutBro - Likes me not?
Johnnyquickknives - Likes me?
TheWorthyEdge - Likes me not?
Matt Attack - Likes me?
Quantumbro - Likes me not?
Zubz - Likes me?
Raindoc - Likes me not?
Blargonaut - Likes me?
ejawa - Likes me not?
swamped - Likes me?
Setre - Likes me not?
Makai - Likes me?
Rymuth - Likes me not?

*sigh*

Petals, a flower!
My power for a flower;
Yet the sands yield not.

Told you he has cooties.

Lord Icky
This post feels like Blarg is trying to get the Hutt members to reveal themselves secretly.

Imperial Mentions
Blarg has referred to Imperials quite a few times.
Regardless of whether you're actually an Imperial agent or not... I tell ya, once I get off this forsaken hellhole of a planet, I'll be sure to raise a Coruscant Cooler in your honour.
Pure blather.

You're really giving me the vibe of an Imperial sleeper agent.

I'll drag you out of the shadows soon enough.
You could say it's just a simple mistake of confusing the Hutts and Imperial, but I don't think Blarg would make a mistake that easily.

swamped
swamped has two posts where she talks about Blarg
Aw, I think you're alright Blarg.

I think it may be a good idea to detain on the first day. So tomorrow we would only have 22 players and we would be able to perhaps pinpoint allegiances better. Question is who to detain? I'm against detaining someone just because they have a low post count or whatever. Mostly because that seems to be the reason people are targeting me...

I understand the argument against no detainment - that we don't want to expose power roles before they've had a chance to do their thing. But there are likely to only be a few power roles useful to the rebels. The chances that we get one of them are pretty low I think.

I don't want to vote yet as we still have some time until the day ends, but there are some suspicious people on my radar...more later as I have to run to lab!
There are labs on Tatooine?!?!?
and then a few minutes later...
Then again, Blarg is making himself a pretty easy target...I keep vacillating on how I feel about his actions...
This sort of feels like a partner trying to tell their other partner that they may be overdoing it.

Makai

:U .......

VOTE: Blargonaut

It's been fun, Blarg. You were definitely the coolest poster.

Blarg, thanks for being honest But there's no reason to keep you around.

vote: Blargonaut

Nooooo Czar

At this early stage in the game, you're making a big mistake, trust me; especially if you're a Rebel.

Read through my reasoning in my post above, would you kindly? :eek:

I'm freely offering my vote to help you and you bat it away :(

Also:

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

CzarTim

Nooooo Czar

At this early stage in the game, you're making a big mistake, trust me; especially if you're a Rebel.

Also:

You are awesome, please play with us next game. But if you are telling the truth, after you're gone there will be 2-3 hutts left, and so one extra vote for town isn't worth as much. Also you'd be playing against your win condition, which isn't very sportsman-like.

I am not going to Role-claim again in order to defend myself.

Rebels, you seriously need to reconsider voting to detain me today.

Please read my Role-claim post thoroughly and understand why.

---

Also, I'd like to point out that this HASTY BANDWAGON above me, might consist of HUTTS trying to appear like Rebels by voting me out.

I'M A KNOWN QUANTITY NOW.

ARE THEY?

Nooooo Czar

Also:

Funny enough, I agree with you. That's why I didn't vote for you.

You're no risk to the Rebels, unless I give you a gun, so we don't have to worry about that at night. You sticking around might get a Hutt to reveal themselves accidentally.

Will you tell us the full message you received today?

CzarTim

I am not going to Role-claim again in order to defend myself.

Rebels, you seriously need to reconsider voting to detain me today.

Please read my Role-claim post thoroughly and understand why.

---

Also, I'd like to point out that this HASTY BANDWAGON above me, might consist of HUTTS trying to appear like Rebels by voting me out.

I'M A KNOWN QUANTITY NOW.

ARE THEY?

This is my concern:

We don't know if the hutts have a way to bring the agents into their group, we have no reason to take that chance.

Makai

Who else do we vote for? As much as I like Blarg, he admitted to being Hutt. Will Blarg get the other Hutts to reveal themselves? Probably not.

Zubz

Banned
79911086_p.gif

Blarg, no...

I was scrolling down and was ready to discuss the idea of detaining myself or Edge so the other could live on as a Rebel with a perpetually cleared name. Heck, I was even going to ask if we could self-vote again so I could nominate myself so that Edge can prove his Worthiness to all of you, rather than bothering with another game (We discussed the possibility of a self-sacrifice in our mind link)... Then this megaton has to be dropped. I defended you, Blarg. I almost even called you my favorite, non-Buddy deputy. Even for a game of Mafia, I feel so betrayed...

6yPp94mxePuDV6zovkO7VpgZMfq5W.jpg

Thankfully, despite being a confirmed Hutt, you're toothless in the night. But it's better to take power away from the remaining ones that can kill in the night. I mean, Edge and I are probably dying tonight, too, but at least we can go down knowing that the most vile Hutt was sent into the Tatooine Swamps... Because it's the one I trusted.

I swear, if you're a Joker...

This is my concern:

Let's look at swampeds role-pm again
Welcome!

You are an Undercover Imperial.

You are aligned with the Hutt Mob.

The Emperor may have entrusted the Hutt Mob with the elimination of the Rebel squadron, but his faith in them is not absolute. He has sent you and REDACTED to ensure their success. The only problem is that the Mob changed their agents at the last moment, so you who have no idea who the secret Hutt Mob agents are. The Hutt Mob do know that there are two Undercover Imperials - but they don't know who you are either. Your only power is voting, so you will need to work to a Hutt Mob victory by helping lynch town, and by managing to appear suspicious enough the Hutt Mob don't want to kill you by mistake while at the same time not appearing so suspicious that the Rebels lynch you!

You win when Hutt Mob-aligned players are at least half of the remaining players.

You'll note that it says there only power is voting. Worth noting also, it doesn't mention that message board that Blarg claims exists.

Funny enough, I agree with you. That's why I didn't vote for you.

You're no risk to the Rebels, unless I give you a gun, so we don't have to worry about that at night. You sticking around might get a Hutt to reveal themselves accidentally.

Will you tell us the full message you received today?

Unless blarg is willing to reveal the sender and contents of the message he received? I'm thinking that has to be a hutt.

Very well, I'll grant your wish for transparency if it means I can live longer, but I'm worried about this rule that MattyG stated in the OP:

*snip*
11. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. This is to prevent players using screenshots of material I sent them as proof. You are allowed, however, to lie about any mechanics or things I may have told you (within reasonable bounds).
*snip*

I'll gladly post the PM I received on Night 1, word-for-word, if MattyG says it's okay to quote it.

CzarTim

You'll note that it says there only power is voting. Worth noting also, it doesn't mention that message board that Blarg claims exists.

It doesn't make a lot of sense though. If we had killed the other hutts first before finding swamped and blarg, would it have been game over or would they have gotten the faction nightkill?

It doesn't make a lot of sense though. If we had killed the other hutts first before finding swamped and blarg, would it have been game over or would they have gotten the faction nightkill?

If it works like other mafia games, the game wouldn't be over, but they also would be able to kill. They could still win if they convince the town to lynch everyone but them.

It was linked to me in a separate PM.

I like your collection of my posts btw, I'm making another post right now to explain the meaning behind their madness (and yes, there actually was). ;)

CzarTim

If it works like other mafia games, the game wouldn't be over, but they also would be able to kill. They could still win if they convince the town to lynch everyone but them.

Ok then, I'll unvote if blarg gives us the name of who sent the message or if the message leads us to the sender.

Zubz

Banned

Yeah... Ours explicitly makes it clear we can talk to one another... But it also has a link to the private forum at the bottom of our Role PM. Only Edge, MattyG, and I have posted there, so I can see Matty not including that bit.

I'd switch my vote to Blarg, but now I'm honestly beginning to wonder if I should go down, so that Edge may live!
Plus, the pressure remains on Setre.
Either way, I just want to hear about this message before proceeding.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
It's possible that the Hutt role PM says something about recruitment, as THEY would be the one using the ability, not the spies.

Also, I'm almost positive that Blarg was lying about that message, insurance since his buddy died. Come to think of it, his insistence on the possibility of being a third party during that whole ordeal sets of TONS of alarms in hindsight.

^To Terra above:

Nope, I wasn't lying about the holoprojector message. I told you, I'm a trooper of my word! :eek:

I don't want to break the game rules by directly quoting it here word-for-word, though. I'd like MattyG's permission to do so first.

79911086_p.gif

Blarg, no...

I was scrolling down and was ready to discuss the idea of detaining myself or Edge so the other could live on as a Rebel with a perpetually cleared name. Heck, I was even going to ask if we could self-vote again so I could nominate myself so that Edge can prove his Worthiness to all of you, rather than bothering with another game (We discussed the possibility of a self-sacrifice in our mind link)... Then this megaton has to be dropped. I defended you, Blarg. I almost even called you my favorite, non-Buddy deputy. Even for a game of Mafia, I feel so betrayed...

6yPp94mxePuDV6zovkO7VpgZMfq5W.jpg

Thankfully, despite being a confirmed Hutt, you're toothless in the night. But it's better to take power away from the remaining ones that can kill in the night. I mean, Edge and I are probably dying tonight, too, but at least we can go down knowing that the most vile Hutt was sent into the Tatooine Swamps... Because it's the one I trusted.

I swear, if you're a Joker...

LlWpDSn.gif

It was linked to me in a separate PM.

I like your collection of my posts btw, I'm making another post right now to explain the meaning behind their madness (and yes, there actually was). ;)

Yay! That means I didn't waste my time staying up till 3 while looking through all your day 1 posts for nothing.

Yeah... Ours explicitly makes it clear we can talk to one another... But it also has a link to the private forum at the bottom of our Role PM. Only Edge, MattyG, and I have posted there, so I can see Matty not including that bit.

I'd switch my vote to Blarg, but now I'm honestly beginning to wonder if I should go down, so that Edge may live!
Plus, the pressure remains on Setre.
Either way, I just want to hear about this message before proceeding.

I'm half convince Blarg is taking the bullet to make sure the Hutt can kill you two tonight.

Palmer_v1

This type of hidden traitor role can often have a hidden mechanic where they get brought into the fold instead of killed if they are targeted by Mafia at night. If he's not lying entirely, this could be a bid to have them do just that. From then on, he can just be the one that posts their nightly kill to keep heat off other mafia, while playing lip service to town during the day. The only way we can be certain about his role, and avoid any night time shenanigans, is to detain him. He can also be baiting us into wasting power roles on him.

Vote: Blargonaut

Adding a new type of policy lynch for next game: Anyone that acts too quirky.

I don't understand the self-destructive behavior this game.

so this is probably a post that will get me killed one way or another, but I'm not entirely convinced on the TWE / Zubz team up. Zubz has been mostly clean about it, but TWE has a few posts that make me question this battle buddies thing.

1: When discussing voting to detain low-posting players, Czar suggests Rymuth to have TWE counter with:

Zubz only posted on first page, and never again. I think if we do vote someone that hasnt posted in a bit he's my first choice.

2: He is the first to vote for Zubz, 3 posts after suggesting posting for Zubz instead of Rymuth.

Unvote: Swamped

Vote: Zubz

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
Well this changes things...

unvote: Rymuth[/unvote]

Blarg, I have to commend you. I didn't quite like your style at first. Then you toned it down and started to contribute, which won my trust. You were entertaining, so I wanted to belive you were one of us. I am very tempted to vote for you, but as others have stated, there may be other motives behind your coming out. Need to think about it.

I will say that leaving a known imp around for too long is a mistake. The hutts may have ways of using him against us, if they think we won't vote for him.

Fake edit post: it took me so long to parse that post that I missed the utter insanity that just went down. I don't buy this guys. Not one little bit.

so this is probably a post that will get me killed one way or another, but I'm not entirely convinced on the TWE / Zubz team up. Zubz has been mostly clean about it, but TWE has a few posts that make me question this battle buddies thing.

1: When discussing voting to detain low-posting players, Czar suggests Rymuth to have TWE counter with:

2: He is the first to vote for Zubz, 3 posts after suggesting posting for Zubz instead of Rymuth.

Good, I'm not the only one then.

Palmer_v1

To be fair, if I was in that kind of position, I would cast aspersions at my partner as well, as long as it was fairly certian nothing could come of it.

Though I realize as I type that that there's not a lot of reason for TOWN to do that, but plenty of reason for Mafia to do it.

Terrabyte20xx

On the Worthy Zubz thing, I noticed that too, but notice how fast Worthy backs off of Zubz , and the context of that vote. Worthy was making a point of voting low posters, and seeing his partner among that list, chose to use him as an example. Zubz responds and Worthy imidiately invites with the words 'Well there you have it'.

I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN:
IT IS IN THE REBELS' BEST INTERESTS TO KEEP ME ALIVE FOR NOW.

READ MY ROLE-CLAIM POST ABOVE FOR MY REASONING.

---

^Ah, okay, thanks Matty ;)

Here you all go then, the 'Mysterious Message' itself:

MattyG said:
Star Wars Mafia: A Mysterious Message

In the middle of the night, you hear the "thud" of a very solid object striking your shelter. Looking outside, you discover a holoprojector. The person speaking in the holorecording is impossible to see clearly, but you can just barely make out what they are saying:

I will share what I know on some nights. Tell the others.

This holoprojecter was given to you by one of the other survivors... but who?

That's literally it. I have not tampered with it in any way.

AND, it's another reason why you gibberlings need to keep me alive for a while longer.

You all need to step back, reconsider your bandwagoning and LISTEN to me.

I am an open sharer, a known quantity that can provide you with both potential information and a VERY REAL vote.

You all have EVERYTHING TO GAIN by keeping me alive for at least a couple more Days.

YOU LOSE EVERYTHING IF YOU DETAIN ME.

CzarTim

Worthy is inexperienced and hasn't been playing super well (given his full claim). Also I feel like mafia would have just claimed full lovers to scare us out of voting for them.

It's an easy claim to test, but not exactly something we need to worry about today as it's just as likely mafia will take them out.

To be fair, if I was in that kind of position, I would cast aspersions at my partner as well, as long as it was fairly certian nothing could come of it.

There's not a whole lot of reason to though. Czar has already suggested Rymuth as a target; already voted for him even! Where others suggest giving Zubz time to even get online, TWE immediately jumps from unvoting Swamped to voting for Zubz. It doesn't feel right to me.

Terrabyte20xx

I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN:
IT IS IN THE REBELS' BEST INTERESTS TO KEEP ME ALIVE FOR NOW.

READ MY ROLE-CLAIM POST ABOVE FOR MY REASONING.

---

^Ah, okay, thanks Matty ;)

Here you all go then, the 'Mysterious Message' itself:

That's literally it. I have not tampered with it in any way.

AND, it's another reason why you gibberlings need to keep me alive for a while longer.

You all need to step back, reconsider your bandwagoning and LISTEN to me.

I am an open sharer, a known quantity that can provide you with both potential information and a VERY REAL vote.

You all have EVERYTHING TO GAIN by keeping me alive for at least a couple more Days.

YOU LOSE EVERYTHING IF YOU DETAIN ME.
No Blarg, we lose NOTHING. You are a role we can not afford to live, you received a message that promised mose messages, something that ANYONE can receive as it is not exclusive to you. And as we now know your true colors, you won't be receiving any messages even if we DID keep you alive.

VOTE: Blargonaut

1HWQIPa.gif

This type of hidden traitor role can often have a hidden mechanic where they get brought into the fold instead of killed if they are targeted by Mafia at night. If he's not lying entirely, this could be a bid to have them do just that. From then on, he can just be the one that posts their nightly kill to keep heat off other mafia, while playing lip service to town during the day. The only way we can be certain about his role, and avoid any night time shenanigans, is to detain him. He can also be baiting us into wasting power roles on him.

Vote: Blargonaut

Adding a new type of policy lynch for next game: Anyone that acts too quirky.

I don't understand the self-destructive behavior this game.

Listen, Palmer.

I cannot be brought into the Hutt fold. I am cut-off.

All I have is a vote.

I currently have no idea who the main Hutt force is, but if you keep me alive I can help you do this.

Detaining me *today* is a mistake and you KNOW it.

Well this changes things...

unvote: Rymuth[/unvote]

Blarg, I have to commend you. I didn't quite like your style at first. Then you toned it down and started to contribute, which won my trust. You were entertaining, so I wanted to belive you were one of us. I am very tempted to vote for you, but as others have stated, there may be other motives behind your coming out. Need to think about it.

I will say that leaving a known imp around for too long is a mistake. The hutts may have ways of using him against us, if they think we won't vote for him.

eJawa, they LITERALLY have no way to lead me, no way to contact me.

Read my Role-description; what you see is what you get.

For ALL intents and purposes, I am basically at the same pay-grade as an Ordinary Rebel. All I have is a vote, I cannot stress this *FACT* enough. I just happen to have 'Imperial' stuck to my name and add +1 to the Hutt count.

REBELS.

YOU ARE WASTING TODAY'S DETAIN.

I may be a confirmed Hutt, but I am a known quantity now, and A HARMLESS, POWERLESS ONE AT THAT.

You should be detaining the NON-VOCALS at the very least, who contribute NOTHING to this game and could be privately speaking in their own chatrooms.

Does my offered vote assist mean nothing to any of you?

---

I swear, If I die today due to your INCOMPETENCE, I want you ALL to remember who voted for me.

Remember them.

Terrabyte20xx

Listen, Palmer.

I cannot be brought into the Hutt fold. I am cut-off.

All I have is a vote.

I currently have no idea who the main Hutt force is, but if you keep me alive I can help you do this.

Detaining me *today* is a mistake and you KNOW it.

eJawa, they LITERALLY have no way to lead me, no way to contact me.

Read my Role-description; what you see is what you get.

For ALL intents and purposes, I am basically at the same pay-grade as an Ordinary Rebel. All I have is a vote, I cannot stress this *FACT* enough. I just happen to have 'Imperial' stuck to my name and add +1 to the Hutt count.

It's possible that the Hutt role PM says something about recruitment, as THEY would be the one using the ability, not the spies.

Also, I'm almost positive that Blarg was lying about that message, insurance since his buddy died. Come to think of it, his insistence on the possibility of being a third party during that whole ordeal sets of TONS of alarms in hindsight.
Unless you can suddenly produce a role OM for the hutts that doesn't say they can recruit you, your argument is invalid.

Sorry Blarg, but I think you have to go.

You might not be able to bring yourself into the fold but it could quite possibly be a Hutt power role to do it from their side.
If we don't detain you who's votes are you going to go with? I don't see any situation where having one extra vote would be useful without you needing to choose sides yourself.

VOTE: blargonaut

On the Worthy/Zubz situation I edge towards thinking they are being truthful but I'm a long way from calling them confirmed rebels.

Top Bottom