• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
aWhCfKq.gif

Never before has that picture comparing the two games been more true than these last couple of hours. it's been fun on one level, but seriously I cannot believe that you guys played at the way that you just did. in all of the games of Mafia but I played, I've never seen anything happen the way it just did.

Chaos. Utter chaos.

MattyG

Banned
Due to Traube's override ability, Barrylocke, the Ordinary Rebel was lynched.

Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Rebel.

You are aligned with the Rebel Alliance.

You have no abilities other than voting.

You win when no remaining players are Hutt Mob-aligned.

The night phase has begun. The night phase will end on Saturday 6 June at approximately 06:00 PM EDT.

Please do not post in the thread until the night phase ends.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The best part is that Barrylocke was killed by his own power from last game.

Oh, that sweet, delicious irony. :3

MattyG

Banned
A new day dawns...

At sunsrise, the group hears a bloodcurling shriek from one of the shelters.

They frantically rush to find the source, searching the tents one by one.

Soon, they find their screamer. QuantumBro, the Rebel Armourer lay beside a pile of blasters and personal energy shields. A spent blaster, still smoking, has been dropped a few feet away, while an unactivated shield is still clutched in their hands.
Welcome!

You are a Rebel Armourer.

You are aligned with the Rebel Alliance.

Once per night phase, you may send a blaster or a personal energy shield to one player. To do so, PM me the command BLASTER: MattyG or SHIELD: MattyG. The blaster may be used by the owner one time to kill another player, while the shield will protect the owner once from any form of death (aside from lynching). Players who have already received an item may not receive another.

You win when no remaining players are Hutt Mob-aligned.

Day 4 officially begins...

t1433984400z1.png

Makai

So we all know what role Palmer claims to be:

So, more role info: I have a specific rebel that I have to keep alive. That's why I can't win if rebels don't win. I will not name them unless they are very close to getting detained during the day. If I get detained/killed, it does not affect my target at all. I've also confirmed with MattyG that their name is redacted on my full role reveal. I have no idea if they're aware of any of this.

Palmer said something interesting in yesterday’s chaos:

Back from my ticket! Luckily it was a monitor that needed to be turned on. End users are morons.

So, to add to the insanity, my client is actually 1 of the 4 people voting for me right now!

Hint: It's obviously not TWE.

Vote: Makai

I am literally just shifting my vote so I'm not the one detained. Really surprised by the Barrylocke votes out of nowhere.

The people who voted for him were:
TheWorthyEdge
raindoc
Makai
trauma

Who of these four is his client? I am assuming “client” means Palmer's lynchee and not the guy who couldn’t find the power button on his monitor. Palmer pushed for my detain, so we can definitely rule me out. He left more clues yesterday and I think the identity of his lynchee is obvious.

So Blarg votes for raindoc and then Palmer gives us an ultimatum: “Blarg dies or I die.” Thanks for finding this post, CzarTim:

He's trying to sneakily get someone detained, and I know via my role, that he's wrong. I have an early lose condition that will likely trigger because of him. Basically, you're going to lose him, or you're going to lose me.

Then he changes his mind and says we need to vote Setre. I have no idea if this got resolved:

I have a theory but we need to detain setre to help prove it. Im not saying a goddamned thing more. Just trust in the magic and be entertained. Or lynch me if im wrong.

Trust me or dont, whatever. Its a coincidence that we already had some reason to lynch him anyway.

vote: setre

raindoc asks why people are unvoting Blarg and Palmer tells him to keep his head down:

Just trust me for today, keep your head down, and you may survive this yet.

Remember karkador, veterans.

raindoc is Palmer's lynchee...or at least who Palmer wants us to think is his lynchee. Palmer left these clues in plain sight - like, way in plain sight, especially the one narrowing his lychees to those who voted for him. “Hey, this is my lynchee. Please don’t kill him, guys! : D”

When questioned about why he declared either Blarg or he would die:

Bluffing at that point. I was trying to get Blarg to back down so we could lynch someone else, but he wasn't going to drop the act.

How would telling everyone that either Blarg or you must die lead to Blarg unvoting raindoc and everyone voting for somebody else? I do not understand this tactic at all. I really don't buy his story.

Zubz

Banned
Man, I feel really bad for doubting, like, half the people who've been killed in the night at this point.

How would telling everyone that either Blarg or you must die lead to Blarg unvoting raindoc and everyone voting for somebody else? I do not understand this tactic at all. I really don't buy his story.

Interesting... I mean, even if he's not telling the truth, this is something he's been setting up for awhile. Granted, they could just as easily be Hutts trying to defend one another, but it could also be real, I guess? I dunno. I want to see how this day progresses before going anywhere.

But hey! Plus side? We know Traube's a Rebel!

CzarTim

Makai, good post, thanks for the effort. Here's my theory:

I think Palmer was convinced there was a Lyncher to counter his role. I think there is likely not one (but can't say for sure.) I think the way this works is if his Lynchee dies, Palmer dies too, but if Palmer dies, his Lynchee stays alive.

I think blarg voted for raindoc, who I think you are correct in assuming is the Lynchee (let's take a moment to appreciate the irony).

Palmer, realizing he could lose soon, pretends to have a "theory" about setre to change the vote. But I think Palmer then had the thought that blarg was in fact the Lyncher trying to push a raindoc vote. So he turns on blarg. I'd need to reread day 2 *shudder* to be sure, but that kind of makes sense to me now. Palmer was acting in his own best interest that day, but he also came forward with all that info after. And there was only one nk again. So is your theory that he's a hutt?

Of course they go after our armorer.

Bastard hutts.

Only one murder last night. The longer we go without a second murder makes me believe that we do not have a consistent way of having two murder nights OR we have had our hutts target Quantumbro the last two nights and a secondary murder targeting others (and last night being blocked or targeting some one that had previously been outfitted with a shield.

It makes me wonder that if you have a shield and have been targeted and survive, do you get told that your shield is gone?

Another question, did Quantumbro's night time action from last night occur or did his murder occur first?

I feel like we are all screwed,

CzarTim

BTW I went back and tried to count the votes from yesterday (which is super hard), and I'm pretty sure we had a tie at the end unless I missed something. So traube, you're a hero in my book even if barry was a rebel.

Oh no! We lost a Rebel Armourer :(

I have a question for setre's role!

If he's a motion detector why is the PM stating "suspicious activity" detected or not detected? Would it not say "movement" detected or not detected?

I'm new to this sorry, but this question has been swimming in in my head for a bit.

Re: traube, Wow a governor! And still alive!! We should keep him safe guys, from here onwards guys, somehow......

Makai

Palmer, realizing he could lose soon, pretends to have a "theory" about setre to change the vote. But I think Palmer then had the thought that blarg was in fact the Lyncher trying to push a raindoc vote. So he turns on blarg. I'd need to reread day 2 *shudder* to be sure, but that kind of makes sense to me now. Palmer was acting in his own best interest that day, but he also came forward with all that info after. And there was only one nk again. So is your theory that he's a hutt?
I thought he was a Serial Killer, but Occam's Razor points to:

Lord of Castamere kills swamped
Hutts kill Lord of Castamere
Hutts kill Terrabyte
Hutts kill QuantumBro

I have no theory. Whether he's telling the truth or lying - neither make sense. If Palmer is Unlyncher, why did he narrow down his lynchee shortlist? If he's anything else, why did he hitch his wagon to the survival of some pissed off dude that doesn't want to play this game? Judging by the last three days...maybe he's a rebel? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RIP Quantum. It was a fairly likely outcome having both outed himself and stated that he had lost his shield but it's shite to be down another strong role.

Going to have to think a bit about how to progress today. Not looking forward to trawling through the clusterfuck that was the last hour of yesterday :p

Damn that sucks. I still don't like how Palmer is still in this but whatever. Will have to vote someone else if no one else is going to vote Palmer.

CzarTim

I have a question for setre's role!

If he's a motion detector why is the PM stating "suspicious activity" detected or not detected? Would it not say "movement" detected or not detected?

I'm new to this sorry, but this question has been swimming in in my head for a bit.
Flavor
BTW I went back and tried to count the votes from yesterday (which is super hard), and I'm pretty sure we had a tie at the end unless I missed something. So traube, you're a hero in my book even if barry was a rebel.

I was wrong. It actually looks like Makai had the most votes, even though we were thinking it was redhood at the time.

Makai

But hey! Plus side? We know Traube's a Rebel!
I don’t see any reason to believe a Hutt can’t have the override ability. We’ve seen a few very powerful rebel roles, and it follows that the Hutts would have strong roles to match them. It would be a very powerful Hutt ability in the late-game. If traube and redhood are Hutts, what he did yesterday makes perfect sense - save a comrade in a (perceived) pinch. I am not accusing either, just questioning your claim. Apparently, I owe traube my life.

2422514-1046964230-galle.gif

Flavor

I was wrong. It actually looks like Makai had the most votes, even though we were thinking it was redhood at the time.

Is it just flavour? How does the motion detector knows which movement is 'suspicious' and which ones are 'not suspicious' or 'safe'?

Would it be based on the role's alignment, since a motion detector can be either townie or hutts?

Makai

Is it just flavour? How does the motion detector knows which movement is 'suspicious' and which ones are 'not suspicious' or 'safe'?

Would it be based on the role's alignment, since a motion detector can be either townie or hutts?
It just tells you if anything happened to or by the person watched.

It just tells you if anything happened to or by the person watched.

So if anything moves, it's 'suspicious activity'? OK. Thanks for clarification. I thought maybe, if say a town-aligned power role moved, if the motion detector person is also town-aligned, it would not trigger a suspicious activity report. But ok, understand that any movement will be reported as suspicious. Though, in a way, that kind of run counterintuitive against the definition of the word 'suspicious'.

But moving on!

Did we ask Setre to monitor anyone in the previous night ? I can't remember. I guess will go back and comb through posts.

Palmer_v1

So if anything moves, it's 'suspicious activity'? OK. Thanks for clarification. I thought maybe, if say a town-aligned power role moved, if the motion detector person is also town-aligned, it would not trigger a suspicious activity report. But ok, understand that any movement will be reported as suspicious. Though, in a way, that kind of run counterintuitive against the definition of the word 'suspicious'.

But moving on!

Did we ask Setre to monitor anyone in the previous night ? I can't remember. I guess will go back and comb through posts.

Welcome to the game!

For everyone else. Still camping and posting from phone. Surprised about quantum. I thought he was our doctor for sure, and the armorer thing was a ruse to stay alive. I guess this confirms the thief thing. The paranoid rebel should be careful now.

Makai is incorrect about my client. When traube, who i trusted completely, voted for me, i kinda panicked. Ive been dropping hints to a handful of players, in the hope that they would think i was protecting them at night. A few of you obviously havent fallen for it and are still voting for me.

As for me being a killer, note the lack of double deaths again.

Welcome to the game!

For everyone else. Still camping and posting from phone. Surprised about quantum. I thought he was our doctor for sure, and the armorer thing was a ruse to stay alive. I guess this confirms the thief thing. The paranoid rebel should be careful now.

Makai is incorrect about my client. When traube, who i trusted completely, voted for me, i kinda panicked. Ive been dropping hints to a handful of players, in the hope that they would think i was protecting them at night. A few of you obviously havent fallen for it and are still voting for me.

As for me being a killer, note the lack of double deaths again.

Thankie!!

Appreciate your dedication! Posting even from camping 😃

I don't quite trust you, honestly!

>:O

Zatoth

So QuantumBro was telling the truth. Damn. Don't want to know what power roles the Empire has.

Guess I should explain myself first. So why did I switch the vote? Looks like Makai received more votes than redhood?

I did not know that. I assumed redhood received most votes and I don't think he would lie about his role after the time for voting was over. But there is still the possibility that he is an empire player. Should he be Empire, well that would make me look incredible bad.

Why Barry? First of all. Sorry Barry. I took you out of the game twice now. I feel really terrible about that.

Like I said before I thought Barry's changed posting style compared to the first game seemed odd to me. When QuantumBro suddenly jumped to his defense when we started to vote against Barry caught my attention. QuantumBro looked very suspicious to me. So I thought this was some risky move to safe Barry.

Turns out I was wrong about both of them. :(

About my role: I am FORMER SENATOR. At the beginning of the game I was a Senator. But then someone posted in the thread that there is not senat anymore. So MattyG decided to change my role's name to stick with the lore. This did not change my power.

I am sided with the Rebels. My role is similar to Barry's role from the former game. But there is minor difference. Barry could use his power only once. Same goes for me. But there is a chance I can recharge my power if certain conditions are met.

Oh and now to something completely different:

During the night someone placed a holo projector in my shelter with this message:

BLARG: Palmer is neutral

Top Bottom