• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall retail screencaps (XB1) show 792p resolution? CBoaT ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm gonna say most of it is image compression if you look closely. The game not being a looker + 792p to 1080p upscaled pictures + horrible compression = yep.

I just don't get why you'd even upload pics like this to share in this condition?

It isn't like there aren't image services out there that'll easily let you upload and link uncompressed.

At least then I wouldn't be as WTF why does this look so much worse than the Beta screens.

indie24

If mods have banned other people for being wrong or misleading people on here then CBOAT must be banned too. You cant have preferential treatment regardless of how many times you are right or wrong. False information is false information and is looking to deceive people. Regarding this forum for a while it spears he has been wrong a few times so should have been banned then. R.I.P CBOAT and any other person thinking of posting bullshit on here.

IN&OUT

Banned
792p ? source engine? low quality textures? supposedly a next gen hardware?

360 to Xbone is the smallest console transition ever .

MGSGZ almost looks identical.
I bet TF 360 looks almost indistinguishable to xbone version. (unless Xbox fans started magically noticing the resolution differences after months of denying it)

Poor showing.

madmackem

Man sucks, no res bump and no cboat, double wammy of shit. Best insider gaf has seen so close to news season kicking off too. Gutted they couldnt up the res, game looks real funky on xb1, still getting it as its fun to play but damn.

Tomcat

I bet TF 360 looks almost indistinguishable to xbone version. (unless Xbox fans started magically noticing the resolution differences after months of denying it)

Poor showing.

ryse says hi

Freki

If mods have banned other people for being wrong or misleading people on here then CBOAT must be banned too. You cant have preferential treatment regardless of how many times you are right or wrong. False information is false information and is looking to deceive people. Regarding this forum for a while it spears he has been wrong a few times so should have been banned then. R.I.P CBOAT and any other person thinking of posting bullshit on here.

I hope I read something as enthusiastic as this about banning Albert Penello from you in the future.

Bsigg12

Fuck the beta says hi. Beta looks better than the shit posted in the OP.

I don't even get why they'd post shit that looks that bad.

Yea....I have the game. I've played a single game on the Xbox One and it does look better than what's posted. Servers are down again though so I can't play more.

Rojo

Damn those pics look bad are we sure its not 720p just stretched to 792p.

Also poor CBOAT i wonder if he wanted it to be like this, dancing too close to the fire.

StevieP

Banned
Sometimes people get it wrong - even those who are privvy to info. Especially as second hand sources like cboat. It was wrong to double down but as someone who's been on the money dozens of times (if not more) the account shouldn't be permed IMO. With that said, the game does look rough in its final state so perhaps that's where the "alpha textures" comment came from.

Fuck the beta says hi. Beta looks better than the shit posted in the OP.

I don't even get why they'd post shit that looks that bad.

Some games look better in motion than when captured in stills. This is one of them.

But to be sure, when comparing the visuals of this to something like Killzone SF, this game looks shockingly last-gen. I was taken aback when the Beta ended and I booted up some KZ. Maybe the next TF will be a next-gen exclusive made with tools and techniques that better capture what our expectations of next-gen visuals are. This is far from that target, imo.

BibiMaghoo

I find this mob and pitchfork shit kind of weird. The guy made two posts totaling about 20 words on the subject. One of these was made before the Beta started, the other was not. I get spanking the guy for causing a stir, but frankly, that is on you, me and every other person that went wild and made 50 threads on the possibilities of such a thing, not him. I see people saying how adamant he was, yet it was two posts, short posts at that.

The amount of people asking for his blood is quite disturbing. I wonder what anyone has to gain from such a thing.

Anion

H0vpXl1.jpg

Is that a dragon? Wtf

dan2026

So Titanfall runs at a crap resolution, who cares?

The majority of the people who buy this game wont be counting the pixels, they wont even care!

Freki

Yup. Penello did nothing but spew propaganda pre-Xbox One launch.

I'm still waiting for his apology...

"If it comes out after we launch that the difference between 3rd party games is maybe single-digit FPS between the two platforms, will I get an apology or concession?"

Poor showing.
This guy man, this guy.

792p... what a weird resolution.

No point in banning ass, he'll post elsewhere and people will make threads on GAF. Might as well keep it first party :p

And this game looks horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom