• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Glee and Whiplash’s Melissa Benoist has been cast as Supergirl in upcoming CBS series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

How we not got a costume yet? Why are they being coy about the fact she's going to be Supergirl?

Weird.

First they make Superman a factor (albeit a small one, but still) and now they're playing peekaboo with her costume.
We only got Flash pictures when it was actually being filmed.

We only got Flash pictures when it was actually being filmed.

True, but we also didn't have articles where writers were like "we don't even know if there's going to BE a costume."

Maybe people are just used to what happened on Smallville? I dunno.

That S-shield makes people do dumb things sometimes.

Penguin

True, but we also didn't have articles where writers were like "we don't even know if there's going to BE a costume."

Maybe people are just used to what happened on Smallville? I dunno.

That S-shield makes people do dumb things sometimes.

But we've heard about the costumers for Greg and Supergirl herself and the head of CBS

IconGrist

I should have known better than to go in that thread, lol. Suit looks good. I just hope the show is good. More Flash than Arrow. Unless season 2 Arrow.

Froli

66B6fOK.jpg
I don't like the belt line and the S emblem. It looks so cheap
Just gonna post my obligatory "use some variation of this costume" pic

Jp7gSX0.jpg

Way fucking better.

OFFICIAL: Owain Yeoman Joins CBS' "Supergirl" as DC Comics' Villain, Vartox

vartox-feature-e6206.jpg

CBR has confirmed with WBTV that Owain Yeoman ("The Mentalist," "Extant") has been cast as DC Comics supervillain Vartox in CBS' upcoming "Supergirl" series. Yeoman will appear as a guest star in the show's pilot episode.

According to the official description of the role, "Owain Yeoman plays longtime DC Comics villain Vartox, an alien convict, who has been hiding on Earth for the past twelve years. After Supergirl's emergence on Earth, Vartox seeks her out to ascertain her identity and do battle with her."

This news follows an earlier report given to io9 by an unnamed source close to the production.

Created by Cary Bates and Curt Swan, the alien Vartox first appeared in 1974's "Superman" #281. The character, who hails from the planet Valeron, was originally established as a slightly older comrade of Superman's possessed of many of the same powers, including flight, invulnerability and super strength. A modern Vartox storyline involved the alien traveling to Earth in search of the perfect mate following the release of a "contraceptive bomb" on his home planet that rendered all the women of Valeron sterile. While on this mission, Vartox set his sights on Power Girl -- the Earth-2 version of the Supergirl in CBS' series.

"Supergirl" stars Melissa Benoist as Kara, Mehcad Brooks as Jimmy Olsen, Laura Benanti as Alura Zor-El, Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant, Chlyer Leigh as Supergirl's sister Alex, David Harewood as Hank Henshaw and Jeremy Jordan as Winslow Schott.

The pilot is directed by Glen Winter, a veteran of "Smallville," "Arrow" and "The Flash;" while "Arrow" veterans Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg are both on board as executive producers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom