• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl Costume Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think at absolute worst it will just be one sided.
WB(also the other half of CW)/DC will have no problem sharing with Supergirl.
Since WB owns DC it helps them either way.

CBS might(purely hypothetically) not be as open to letting a license they pay for be on a lesser channel they only own half of.
If CW was WB/Fox i could see the same thing with Fox not wanting Ra's and such on Arrow.

I think at absolute worst it will just be one sided.
WB(also the other half of CW)/DC will have no problem sharing with Supergirl.
CBS might(purely hypothetically) not be as open to letting a license they pay for be on a lesser channel they only own half of.

IIRC the CBS President said they didn't want any crossover stuff at least early on. They want to establish it separately on their own first.

I don't just mean big stuff though, even small stuff like referencing Central City, Starling, Coast, etc.

I don't think CBS would really have control of that anyways. I mean Arrow/Flash have had references to Gotham and Bludhaven despite being told be WB they can't use Batman and Nightwing apparently going to be in the TNT show produced and run by a different group than Berlanti's.

But that's just location mentions. I don't think they'll reference events from the other shows. Not at first anyways. Too close a connection.

PreFire

I like it.

Had no idea this was going to be on cbs though. Guess that means no Flash or Arrow (I don't watch Arrow anyway) appearances :(

Bs Edit: holy shit just read that quote a few posts before mine. They are in the same universe. Yes!

Penguin

Via Deadline:

I'm not sure how accurate the "powers she shares with her famous cousin, Superman" is though as it was originally said there would be no Superman in the shows Universe but later there were reports that conflicted with that so I have no clue. But the casting should be accurate at least.

Meant the Titans show, sorry.

I know there's been no Metropolis mention but are you certain on Gotham? I thought it was mentioned in one of the articles about Wayne Enterprises...
Maybe in the fine print on the article about the Queen/Wayne merger but they definitely can't actually say that name based on a couple interviews.

Ithil

The only CBS show I watch is Person of Interest and apparently that's a total anomaly, so what can I expect from a Supergirl show?

With Arrow/Flash, they're CW and I know what style and budget to expect, and what kind of casting and story structure they go for.

Finaika

Super happy this finally got picked up!

S_SupergirlEating_Cake.jpg

Penguin

Seems like going head-on with Superman in this world, but how?

Also seems to be competing directly with GOTHAM on Fox
The series will debut in November and air on Mondays at 8 p.m

SUPERGIRL is an action-adventure drama based on the DC Comics character Kara Zor-El (Melissa Benoist), Superman’s (Kal-El) cousin who, after 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Twelve-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton with her parents’ help at the same time as the infant Kal-El. Protected and raised on Earth by her foster family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex (Chyler Leigh), and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later at 24, Kara lives in National City assisting media mogul and fierce taskmaster Cat Grant (Golden Globe Award winner Calista Flockhart), who just hired the Daily Planet’s former photographer, James Olsen (Mehcad Brooks), as her new art director. However, Kara’s days of keeping her talents a secret are over when Hank Henshaw (David Harewood), head of a super-secret agency where her sister also works, enlists her to help them protect the citizens of National City from sinister threats. Though Kara will need to find a way to manage her newfound empowerment with her very human relationships, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl to fight crime. Greg Berlanti (“The Flash,” “Arrow”), Ali Adler, Sarah Schecter and Andrew Kreisberg are executive producers for Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. The pilot was directed by Glen Winter (“Arrow”).

CE5AJKrWEAENT8C.jpg
CE5AJPAWIAA1ynz.jpg

Effect

gNovember is interesting.

The same time slot as Gotham is a bit worrying but It might not go head to head with Gotham in the end . The shows could be different enough to attract difference audiences with both getting high ratings. That said both will get the DVR treatment and both will have season premieres to help me decide which one I continue to watch live and which one gets watched after the first goes off.

The time slots are getting full. You want to keep it early in the week and during primetime. If anything this could force Gotham to up it's quality if Supergirl turns out to be really good. I just hope the judge the ratings for the show fairly given that there could be some cross over with audiences with Gotham that will be in it's second season.

We should be getting the first trailer today too I think.

Edit:

With this Jimmy being from the Daily Planet I wonder if he'll already know Clark is Superman. Or if they'll have been friends and that will play a part in the show. It make sense if Superman is already in this world, has been for a while, that people like Cat and Jimmy would be further in their careers. That's a nice touch.

Wiktor

Oh..come on CBS. Don't be such dicks. Don't put it on the same hour as Gotham. That's not just a dick move, but also a dumb one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom