• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl: First Look (~6 minutes of clips from the upcoming Fall CBS show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

gpOgluN.jpg

She's so adorable. How is she so adorable?

New 52? She's wearing the TV's costume in that bottom pic, is it only for the cover?

Yeah, it's only for the cover. You can only get that with a box of other stuff.

The only comic based on the show was a short one in an issue of TV Guide. It was like four pages. Supergirl was fighting some big alien monster guy, and then she goes to comfort some little girl that was scared.

Finaika

Yeah, it's only for the cover. You can only get that with a box of other stuff.

The only comic based on the show was a short one in an issue of TV Guide. It was like four pages. Supergirl was fighting some big alien monster guy, and then she goes to comfort some little girl that was scared.

DC should use this opportunity to make a new Supergirl comic series, why did they cancel her ongoing New 52 comic abruptly?

Really wasted opportunity here.

anaron

DC is so dumb. "let's attract all the new fans checking out Supergirl from the show with a cover featuring her female friendly design and then give them crotch guard Kara"

(Green's series is pretty good despite that tho)

All I read of the New 52 Supergirl was the Red Lantern stuff. I don't know why DC cancelled it. They haven't announced anything new yet, just re-releases of old stuff.

Usually, when a new show or movie comes out, DC/Marvel get some new stuff out there...but not this time. And it's weird. Hopefully they announce something soon. And hopefully it's good.

Oh, yeah, I actually own a New 52 Supergirl figure. I got her on Friday.

Melissa Benoist will be on Ellen on the 19th.
Then, look no further than our stage and you will see "Supergirl" fly through… MELISSA BENOIST is here! The actress stops by with a preview of the premiere of her new show!

Mehcad Brooks is teasing that Jimmy James Olsen will have his signal watch on the show. The New York Comic-Con panel is also officially uploaded on YouTube.

There's also a music video of that projection of Supergirl flying through New York, and a CBS local video with interviews with the cast.

Some comic book shops now have Supergirl plastic bags to store your purchases.

I once got a bag for that </SCORPION> show on CBS from the local comic shop, so I imagine they'll have these there, too. I was planning on stopping by soon. Hopefully I can get one of these bags there. I'd prefer a poster of it, though. Hah.

The official synopsis for the second episode was released: http://www.supergirl.tv/episode-2-synopsis-photo
DLKEBOC.jpg

"Stronger Together" &#8211;
When Kara&#8217;s attempts to help National City things don&#8217;t go according to plan, she must put aside the doubts that she &#8211; and the city&#8217;s media &#8211; has about her abilities in order to capture an escapee from the Kryptonian prison, Fort Rozz. Also, Cat pressures James to use his connection to Superman to get her an interview with Supergirl, when SUPERGIRL moves to its regular time period, Monday, Nov. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

I saw a commercial about how the critics are raving about the show during last night's episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, and it had a new shot from what looked like the scene in the picture above. Supergirl and Alex were talking, and then Supergirl is, like, "This looks like a job for Supergirl," and then she flies off at super speed.
I can't find that commercial online, unfortunately. It's the only commercial I've seen with footage that isn't from the pilot. There was also that shot of Reactron shooting an energy beam at Supergirl from the recent trailer of never-before-seen footage.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
getting positive reviews, will definitely watch the pilot when it airs since I haven't watched it yet.

edit: whats with the hate for this show, the like/dislike ratio on those youtube vids are ridiculous.

anaron

Yeah, they're advertising it on everything they can find. Hah.

Anyway, here's a pretty long and interesting interview with the producers: http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...-not-in-the-show-is-because-its-not-about-him

I had a feeling that episode 2 would be the show going all out fight wise and what not to demonstrate it's going to be on the same level as the Flarrow action scenes so I'm really psyched to see them confirm it:

There's a big action set piece early in the pilot, and then a big battle late between Supergirl and Vartox. Some combination of you four has worked on both "No Ordinary Family" and "The Flash," so you have some level of experience with doing super-powered action on network TV. Have you had a sense yet of whether you can do things that big weekly or not?

Greg Berlanti: There’s a bigger fight in the second episode than there is in anything in the first episode. I think we learned a lot from "Flash" is in terms of the prep work that happens. It starts months in advance. Before we even have outlines for the scripts we start, visualizing and storyboarding some of the sequences. And sometimes we don’t finish them until a day or so before air. So you have eight, nine weeks working on a shot and you have to be really organized about that element of the show and know that you have more flexibility. And you have to get the network and the studio to sign off on that element of it a lot earlier, so that you can actually start fabricating them.

Andrew Kreisberg: It’s actually a weird mix of "Arrow" and "Flash," because it obviously has the digital effects that "Flash" does but it actually has a lot more stunt work. There’s a lot more actual stunt people fighting.

Greg Berlanti: And more aerial stunt stuff than we have on either of the shows.

Sarah Shechter: And Flash has a mask, whereas we really need to put this girl front and center.

So do you have to start with the action and figure out everything else later to match it?

Sarah Shechter: Just with some of it. One of the things I think that made people fall in love with "Flash" was it didn’t feel like, "Oh, this is a level below film." It’s the same high standard regardless of where people are watching things. So I think with the things that have to be visual, you have to just plan in advance.

Ali Adler: I feel like the second episode really competes with or even bypasses the pilot.

Greg Berlanti: Right now it feels a little bigger than the pilot.

Can't wait to see episode 2...and everything after that. I've been waiting months to see past the pilot. I've been really liking what I've been seeing/hearing/reading.

Oh, here's a new commercial that was just posted a few minutes ago: Supergirl - Super Mondays On CBS! It's for the premiere night...though, it's a bit early, since it makes it sound like it's premiering this upcoming Monday, and not the one after that. Melissa Benoist will be on TV on Monday promoting the show on Ellen, though.

Also, I saw this earlier, but I'm not sure where it originates from. It's got a magazine style layout, but doesn't look like it came from any magazine, considering all of the CBS logos on it, and no page numbers or anything.

Snake

I've held off on the premiere until it airs properly and the wait has been getting to me. Probably my most anticipated Superhero media in a while.

So good. I can't believe two of my most hated characters/actors on Glee (Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin) suddenly became amazing superhero leads.

IGN review of the pilot: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/18/supergirl-pilot-review

IGN said:
It’s certainly not perfect (but what pilot is?) but Supergirl is a fun – if typical – superhero drama with an absolutely magnetic lead actress. Melissa Benoist fully inhabits Kara and her alter-ego, adding a sense of fun and optimism that one would expect from a Superman-inspired world. Though it suffers from cheesy villains, a bland Winn Schott, and too-fast pacing, Supergirl’s pilot is an exciting start to a series that will hopefully grow into something amazing with time.

7.0 Good
Supergirl’s debut isn’t perfect, but a charismatic lead in Melissa Benoist makes it a fun experience.

+Melissa Benoist is magnetic
+Fun take on Superman mythos
+Newsroom scenes

-Villains are cheesy
-Pacing is rapid fire
-Formulaic

Idk, I feel like they're still treating this show like a pilot by not updating the family crest on her suit. Has the production team responded to questions about the S? It is a glaring curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom