• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl: First Look (~6 minutes of clips from the upcoming Fall CBS show)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. This isn't good. How will we all cope when the show is actually airing?

tumblr_ns06izoAIK1srbpfno1_500.gif

...oh, wait.

Just watched the comic con panel, I really wasn't sure about this show at first. But I'm definitely getting hyped for it now.
Really just want the comic shows to return!

Future

I wonder if female love interests on typical cw shows look as ridiculous to women as overly sexy jimmy Olsen does to me on super girl.

Joni

I always hate it when they list "actor known from series I watch" and I can't remember them. Always turns out it is a bit character. Like here where Browning appeared in two episodes, via flashbacks.

Raistlin

"Earth doesn't just have one hero anymore..."

So, no Flash, confirmed.
At this point in his 'career', the Flash is more of a regional hero like Arrow and Batman. Even if he already has the ability, he isn't generally globetrotting to save people.

I think the bigger point of differentiation though is that many of her opponents are alien. So basically her and her cousin are protecting the Earth from 'outsiders'. That isn't the typical situation for the Flash, et al.

So I'm not sure that statement inherently means no crossovers with other DC TV characters?

It was confirmed a few weeks ago that there's no crossovers. CBS wants Supergirl to themselves. Whether that can change later on is up in the air.

Joni

No cross-overs in the first season anyway. But I still feel they should do more subtle stuff like Felicity reading Iris' blog about the streak was last year. Even go as far as set-upping a meeting between Waller and her Supergirl counterpart or something. The heroes don't need to cross-over, it doesn't need to be big. Just establish them as one universe if you want to go that route later.

Shaanyboi

Banned
It was confirmed a few weeks ago that there's no crossovers. CBS wants Supergirl to themselves. Whether that can change later on is up in the air.

I'm assuming they don't want to commit to anything yet. Being a different network, they probably want to see how this performs first.

BokehKing

Banned
Looks better than Man of Steel
So it's OK in my book

(truthfully, Smallville should have fast forwarded during season 5 to something like this, would have been fun)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
No cross-overs in the first season anyway. But I still feel they should do more subtle stuff like Felicity reading Iris' blog about the streak was last year. Even go as far as set-upping a meeting between Waller and her Supergirl counterpart or something. The heroes don't need to cross-over, it doesn't need to be big. Just establish them as one universe if you want to go that route later.
There is that issue of the flying brick cousin not actually existing on the Arrowverse though :p
I'm guessing they could handwave it with Barry messing with the timeline or something

Did you see the pilot? Literally every word is spoken trying to be as charming as possible.

Superman told him to look out for his cousin.

I mean come on... It's Supergirl... I'd hit on her every chance I could get.
Especially if she found you the least bit interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom