• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl Costume Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I still feel the design has too much of a "first pass" feel to it. Not enough detail to make it visually interesting. If the skirt wasn't so flat or had a more triangular design to it, if the belt were more interesting to look at, if the shirt had more of a pattern to it... I dunno. I like the shield atleast.

Yeah, the skirt's design just kills any and all potential. She goes from having great fashion taste like here:

D9NRp9q.jpg

..to a weird dated look with a hammy belt and boring cape.

Edit: that is a set costume pic right?

Shadownet

Banned
The New 52 suit is ass. Jim Lee is a very good artist and a shitpoor costume designer.
You guys are crazy. The New 52 suit is awesome. Its an updated design on a classic. Love the high collar and the lines. I don't think its actually armor but the line give it that impression. Its supposed to be kryptonian bio-tech or something.

Never been a fan of costumes that have dresses or skirts just because. You can make the argument for Wonder Woman because the battle skirt was very common back then but here it's just pointless. Would prefer something more akin to to Superman's than a fitted top and a skirt.

Never been a fan of costumes that have dresses or skirts just because. You can make the argument for Wonder Woman because the battle skirt was very common back then but here it's just pointless. Would prefer something more akin to to Superman's than a fitted top and a skirt.

Pteruges, the strips of leather and cloth that make up the skirt a-la Kratos or Xena are called Pteruges.

Vyer

It's a mistake. In due time, it'll be seen as the 2010s version of Electric Superman.

Electric Superman was panned by most from the beginning. There's no 'looking back' necessary.

New suit has had a much better reception. I think the N52 look is pretty solid.

Razmos

Ah, good news. Looking forward to it. Though I definitely need to get around to starting Arrow and The Flash first.

Ah, good news. Looking forward to it. Though I definitely need to get around to starting Arrow and The Flash first.

There is only two seasons of Arrow so it isn't a huge task.
don't watch 3, ruins the series
And Flash has had an amazing first season.

Heck even Gotham turned great 6 or 7 episodes in.

Hope this also turns out well.

foxtrot3d

Banned
There is only two seasons of Arrow so it isn't a huge task.
don't watch 3, ruins the series
And Flash has had an amazing first season.

Heck even Gotham turned great 6 or 7 episodes in.

Hope this also turns out well.

Stahp. Seriously.

As BAD as S3 Arrow has gotten at times it is still miles ahead of Gotham.

Don't listen to this drivel. Season 3 has picked up great. First half was shaky, but since midseason it has been consistently good.
Wut, episode before last was the worst of the entire series by miles.

As BAD as S3 Arrow has gotten at times it is still miles ahead of Gotham.
I wasn't comparing them just saying even Gotham which started out awful had turned great quickly.

but i'd easily take Gotham over Arrow S3, season final was the first disappointing episode since it kicked into gear around 6or 7.

lmao gotham is so much more entertaining than current arrow. y'all are just attached to the latter because you sat through 46 (!!) episodes of it prior to season 3.

gotham started off cheesy and shit and now has become cheesy and unabashedly entertaining. arrow's s3 is a drag. fake deaths on fake deaths on lies for the sake of dragging the plot out.

Wut, episode before last was the worst of the entire series by miles.

I just don't agree at all. I've liked almost all of what they've done since the break. I will definitely agree the first half of the season wasn't great though.

lmao gotham is so much more entertaining than current arrow. y'all are just attached to the latter because you sat through 46 (!!) episodes of it prior to season 3

Or maybe people have different opinions. Imagine that.

Xemnas89

Glad to hear it got picked up though I think we all knew it would. Sounds like people are liking the pilot which is exciting. I wonder if it'll be like the arrow and flash pilot where they put in alot of easter eggs that they actually end up delivering on. Also have they said whether or not they'll cross over with the Arrowverse?

For some reason I was always under the assumption it was ordered straight to series. I would've been devestates if it didn't get picked up, not everyday thirty year old intern secretaries get a chance at being a hero....

Glad to hear it got picked up though I think we all knew it would. Sounds like people are liking the pilot which is exciting. I wonder if it'll be like the arrow and flash pilot where they put in alot of easter eggs that they actually end up delivering on. Also have they said whether or not they'll cross over with the Arrowverse?

There have been conflicting reports all over the place. At this point it may be unlikely, but we won't know for sure until the show is closer to airing.

Xemnas89

There have been conflicting reports all over the place. At this point it may be unlikely, but we won't know for sure until the show is closer to airing.

Ah ok thanks for clarifying. If they do I think it might be best if they wait till season 2 at least. Have references in all the shows just so we know they exist in the same world but let Supergirl stand on it's own two feet for a little while.

I am of the camp that it needs to be seperate and stand on its own. Sure it can have Easter eggs and allude to the others, but Arrow has been such a drag I don't want Supergirl to get bogged down. That and I hope it's tone is different.

Have we heard anything on that since like the char list?

Via Deadline:

Born on the planet Krypton, Kara Zor-El escaped amid its destruction years ago. Since arriving on Earth, she’s been hiding the powers she shares with her famous cousin, Superman. But now at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Co-starring as regulars are Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant, Chyler Leigh as Alexandra “Alex” Danvers, Mehcad Brooks as James Olsen and David Harewood as Hank Henshaw. Berlanti, Adler and Sarah Schechter executive produce.

I'm not sure how accurate the "powers she shares with her famous cousin, Superman" is though as it was originally said there would be no Superman in the shows Universe but later there were reports that conflicted with that so I have no clue. But the casting should be accurate at least.

Don't listen to this drivel. Season 3 has picked up great. First half was shaky, but since midseason it has been consistently good.

I've found recent Arrow to be trash--it doubled down on the CW relationship drama and continues to fuck up the Ras al Ghul arc. Instead of being like it was in Batman:TAS, we get this incredibly dumb arc that feels drawn out and has unnecessary twists.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
lmao gotham is so much more entertaining than current arrow. y'all are just attached to the latter because you sat through 46 (!!) episodes of it prior to season 3.

gotham started off cheesy and shit and now has become cheesy and unabashedly entertaining. arrow's s3 is a drag. fake deaths on fake deaths on lies for the sake of dragging the plot out.

S3 of arrow sucks because its a Batman story, not an Arrow story. LoA were better when they were only peripherally in involved.

I don't know Green Arrow's rogues gallery very well but they can at least pick a general DC villain like Deathstroke last year, not one that is so distinctly Batman.

delSai

First time hearing of this. I enjoy Flash and Gotham so this is now on my watchlist. Also Henshaw is in? Awww yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom