• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl Costume Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a large woman but I feel like I could snap her in two with ease. What is she, 5"0'?

i+don%27t+even+care+who+wins.png

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
It's hard to tell whether she's on set or at a generating station in long beach.

jelly

No skirt and better bottoms would have looked great. Give her some stature and presence.

Not sure of the actor, she seems, I dunno maybe dull and way older than she probably Is but not looking old if you know what I mean. Maybe she'll be better in motion.

I still just feel that the costume could use a bit more yellow. Otherwise I think it looks fine. Far better than what I was expecting it to be like.

The Cowboy

I still think the lack of yellow/gold colour on the shield looks terrible, i think overall the costume looks decent enough in stills (will be interesting to see it in live action) - but I'd easily rate it better if the shield had the yellow/gold in it instead of blue.

In effect, the background of the S should match the colour of her belt.

Busty

Banned
I like the Superman Returns 'vibe' that the costume but I'm still not sure what kind of tone this series is going for.

Is it going to be similar to The Flash or lighter still and closer to something like ABC's old Lois & Clark show?

I'm interested all the same.

The S kills it for me. The costume itself is already "meh" but that horrible symbol takes it down even further. When MoS Superman said "this isn't an S" I could believe it. It looks just alien enough to think it's a character from an alien language. If this Supergirl ever says "this isn't an S" I'm going to be like, "girl stop."

Horrible, bland, uninspired and completely unimaginative costume.

CantBeSureIfSerious..

Guess you don't watch any of the MCU films or The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Live-action SUPERMAN Costume - I was speaking about superman suits, not suits in general.

Although honestly, that suit goes over all the batsuits in Nolan's trilogy (those suits weren't great - Begins was the best one easily, Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises looked like Wayne got hit with hot glue and walked through a tornado of plastic) and most superhero offerings, really. Also up there is Spidey's costume in Amazing 2, Iron Man, Cap's costume in First Avenger, Cap's costume in Winter Soldier - Deadpool isn't out yet, but that suit is pretty much perfect.

strafer

Live-action SUPERMAN Costume.

Although honestly, that suit goes over all the batsuits in Nolan's trilogy (those suits weren't great - Begins was the best one easily) and most superhero offerings, really. Also up there is Spidey's costume in Amazing 2, Cap's costume in First Avenger, Cap's costume in Winter Soldier - Deadpool isn't out yet, but that suit is pretty much perfect.

What about Iron Man?

Shaanyboi

Banned
I still feel the design has too much of a "first pass" feel to it. Not enough detail to make it visually interesting. If the skirt wasn't so flat or had a more triangular design to it, if the belt were more interesting to look at, if the shirt had more of a pattern to it... I dunno. I like the shield atleast.

Live-action SUPERMAN Costume - I was speaking about superman suits, not suits in general.

Although honestly, that suit goes over all the batsuits in Nolan's trilogy (those suits weren't great - Begins was the best one easily, Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises looked like Wayne got hit with hot glue and walked through a tornado of plastic) and most superhero offerings, really. Also up there is Spidey's costume in Amazing 2, Iron Man, Cap's costume in First Avenger, Cap's costume in Winter Soldier - Deadpool isn't out yet, but that suit is pretty much perfect.

I don't think they've nailed the Captain America costume yet. The one in Winter Soldier is flexible and works well for the martial arts action scenes and all, but it doesn't make you believe he stepped off the comic page the way that Reeve's Superman suit, Tobey's Spider-Man suit, or Iron Man's suit did.

Will be this be canon with the Man of Steel, Batman, DCU?

No. The television shows have their own continuities. They're, effectively, separate universes unto themselves, although it's possible Supergirl might, in the future, cross over with Arrow/Flash, should the show prove successful enough to get 2 or 3 seasons.

But the movies are their own thing, separate from the live action shows, separate from the animated stuff, separate from the comics.

I don't think they've nailed the Captain America costume yet. The one in Winter Soldier is flexible and works well for the martial arts action scenes and all, but it doesn't make you believe he stepped off the comic page the way that Reeve's Superman suit, Tobey's Spider-Man suit, or Iron Man's suit did.

The Winter Soldier one is Reeeeeeeeeealy close to looking like one of his comics variants, though.

(I really liked the all-felt USO tour costume, honestly.)

Well, the same people nailed the casting for the Arrow and Flash leads. So obviously if they picked her for Supergirl, they see something that you don't.

I mean... how do you know until you actually see her on screen?

Shadownet

Banned
My opinion isn't far removed. It might not be the best, but the MoS costume is easily in the top tier.
Still dislike the pointless yellow dot that try to distract itself from his junk.

I would have liked it more if it was similar to the New 52 suit.

The Winter Soldier one is Reeeeeeeeeealy close to looking like one of his comics variants, though.

(I really liked the all-felt USO tour costume, honestly.)

Right, that's what I mean. It looks like a variant, or some Elseworlds suit (if Marvel did Elseworlds). It's a good twist on the primary design, but we still haven't gotten that primary design nailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom