• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$300 jeans on, does that mean we dream wrong? - Official Denimhead Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
prodystopian said:
Thanks, I was planning to hit them up. Any other recommendations welcome.

Self Edge really is the best denim shop in the bay area. It's been a while since I visited SF for some jeans, but I think there was some other shop called Azalea in the Hayes Valley district that carries some stuff like APC, Nudies, and Acne. Villians in Lower Haight carries and pushes Naked & Famous. I think the Villains across the street is the more higher end stuff that carries Acne.

I've been wearing new cure A.P.C's for some time now (got 3 pairs) love them but i'm looking for something new that don't stretch too much. (I size down 2 on my apc and they still stretch too much).
I looked into Dior jeans but not sure about it.
Suggestions ?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
casablanca said:
I've been wearing new cure A.P.C's for some time now (got 3 pairs) love them but i'm looking for something new that don't stretch too much. (I size down 2 on my apc and they still stretch too much).
I looked into Dior jeans but not sure about it.
Suggestions ?
The only Diors to get are 19cm. 21 if you're bulky. A little tough to find.

Tenks

I've been wearing my Context Nudie Average Joes every day since Christmas and I plan on wearing them for maybe 3-6 more months before washing. They're nice but not my favorite pair of jeans. The front rise seems to be shorter than the back rise so I get weird crotch bunching. Prefer my Ralfs.

Ermac said:
The only Diors to get are 19cm. 21 if you're bulky. A little tough to find.
Do you happen to know the difference between the 19cm brut and the 19cm nostalgy brut ?

EDIT: got my answer : nostalgy are MIT others are MIJ.
EDIT2: Order placed !

Received the jean !
w1eFx.jpg

They are very long (i'm 1.80m) .
They feel sooo good but they aren't as tight as i tought they would be.
If i buy another one it will be a 17,5cm.

Azzurri said:
Anyone own a pair of Naked and Famous Skinny guy? How do they fit?
I think the Skinny Guy is the same as the weird guy, except they have different rises. Mid vs. Low or something, I'm not sure. In the case of the Weird Guys, they fit really well. Slim fit, tapered leg, just how I like it. I think they are more or less true to size as well.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Just got back from the APC store here in Manhattan. These jeans look freakin great (New Cure) Well worth the $$$. Highly recommended them. Can't wait to start breaking them in.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
dior MIJs and APC new cures are both solid - welcome aboard!

i've been almost exclusively wearing my flathead X self edge jeans the last couple months. i put a few pounds and my somet 003s hurt my dick now -_-

Zilch

Banned
140.85 said:
Just got back from the APC store here in Manhattan. These jeans look freakin great (New Cure) Well worth the $$$. Highly recommended them. Can't wait to start breaking them in.

I bought the same pair Monday night. Thumbs up!

Ermac

casablanca said:
Received the jean !
w1eFx.jpg

They are very long (i'm 1.80m) .
They feel sooo good but they aren't as tight as i tought they would be.
If i buy another one it will be a 17,5cm.

Where did you get them?

Alucrid

Banned
My APC NS's need to fade faster so I can grab a pair of Samurais. Also to the guy who said he's getting the NC's hemmed, I'd probably just stack them. I got my PS hemmed and now I'm iffy on them. Well that and the tightness of them.

lupin23rd

Been rocking LVC 1944 since March and although they are probably not ready for a wash, they are getting a bit stretched out.

What's the best way to remedy this without having them lose more than a negligible amount of indigo?

I've heard both a cold soak and throwing them in the dryer will do the trick.

Ermac

Willectro

Banned
Just bought a pair of Naked and Famous - Slim Guy - Broken Twill.

They are just being tailored. Can't wait, best pair of jeans I have ever owned were from Abercrombie... who don't make very good jeans at all.

Azzurri

I would really like to pick up two pairs of Japanese Denim, Momotaro and Samurai. Does anyone have some picks I can see to see if I like the look and style.

Eric WK

threenote said:
Unghhh, I got my Rogue Territory Dark Stantons a few days ago.

BEST JEANS EVER.

Dk.-Stanton-1.jpg

(not my picture)

I love everything Karl puts out. Probably next spring I'm going to be looking to get a pair of SKs (or APC Petite Standards, not sure yet).

BlueWord

Just copped some Tellason JGM in their new 14.75 oz denim. Shit is dark, but I like the details. The fit isn't bad, either, though the top block is a little funny, with the high rise in the back and the lower rise in the front. Feels weird, but I think they would fit a slightly bulkier frame (as in, someone who actually has an ass) pretty well.

Jake.

BlueWord said:
Just copped some Tellason JGM in their new 14.75 oz denim. Shit is dark, but I like the details. The fit isn't bad, either, though the top block is a little funny, with the high rise in the back and the lower rise in the front. Feels weird, but I think they would fit a slightly bulkier frame (as in, someone who actually has an ass) pretty well.

i felt these, but didn't try them on. quality for the price-point (and that is australian retail, too) seemed spot on, though.

Alucrid

Banned
mooooose said:
Nice fit. Makes me miss buying premium denim instead of wearing my old Sams and Uniqlo crap.

Hop back on that train with a new pair of Samurais man. Honestly, after wearing these I probably couldn't go back to levis or something from uniqlo, etc. Hell, even going back to something like APC is tough.

Also, I lied three pages back. Slubbiness is fucking awesome.

Ermac

Alright, I want to buy a pair of 19cm.

Anyone know the best site or store to get them from? I live in DC.

Hi all, bought my first raw jeans the APC New Standards a year ago after reading this thread so i thought I would share the results with you. One wash back in June, had the crotch mended.

APCFront.jpg

APCBack.jpg

Working on a pair of Naked & Famous Elephant 19oz Weird Guy now.

Ermac

Alucrid said:
Nice fades. I wish my NS would fade faster so I could grab a new pair of jeans.

You gotta not give a single fuck man. I find skateboarding puts the most wear on my raws, but I don't know if you're into that.

Climb things, run from things, fall down, go to crowded as hell places, fuck, kick things you see on the ground, slide down rails, help friends move their heavy shit, etc etc etc.

Alucrid

Banned
Ermac said:
You gotta not give a single fuck man. I find skateboarding puts the most wear on my raws, but I don't know if you're into that.

Climb things, run from things, fall down, go to crowded as hell places, fuck, kick things you see on the ground, slide down rails, help friends move their heavy shit, etc etc etc.

Haha, nah, that's not the problem. I only really get to wear them on the weekends due to work. I mean, I do it around the house on week nights but that obviously doesn't do much.

Ermac

Alucrid said:
Haha, nah, that's not the problem. I only really get to wear them on the weekends due to work. I mean, I do it around the house on week nights but that obviously doesn't do much.

Ah makes sense. I work for the govt but I'm lucky enough to wear jeans to work, plus I'm moving around servers and other heavy shit often.

Alucrid

Banned
Ermac said:
Ah makes sense. I work for the govt but I'm lucky enough to wear jeans to work, plus I'm moving around servers and other heavy shit often.

Yeah...if I could wear jeans to work I would be the happiest person alive. Should have been an engineer dammit.

Alucrid said:
Nice fades. I wish my NS would fade faster so I could grab a new pair of jeans.

Cheers! Mine is mainly the result of walking to work for half an hour each morning and sitting on my bum for the next 8 hours. I would also always carry my wallet in my back pocket to get the outline there!

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
When you guys wash for the first time to get the fade, what temperature are you guys washing in? Warm, Hot, or Normal?

Ermac

I do cold, low spin speed, about 30 mins. Turn em inside out too. Hang dry.

Alucrid

Banned
SephCast said:
When you guys wash for the first time to get the fade, what temperature are you guys washing in? Warm, Hot, or Normal?

Well you don't really get fades by washing, you get them by wearing. Washing can make it more apparent by reducing the overall amount of indigo in the jeans, but it doesn't really 'create' fades. As for the temperature it depends. I generally don't care too much and just do a hot/warm soak. If you're going for mad contrasting fades then you'll want to wash cold or just hold off on it entirely for a while.

way more

Gah dammit. The Levi's store was having a sale so I figure I'd pick up a pair. Ninety fucking dollars. All this Japanese crafted, selvedge denim has inflated the market. Back in my day we broke in our jeans without making a fetish about it.

Alucrid

Banned
mac said:
Gah dammit. The Levi's store was having a sale so I figure I'd pick up a pair. Ninety fucking dollars. All this Japanese crafted, selvedge denim has inflated the market. Back in my day we broke in our jeans without making a fetish about it.

They probably weren't mij.

Honestly though, I can't ever see myself going back to just some levis thought.

TylerD

Alucrid said:

Same. I want to "wear" my jeans. :(

I do wear them every chance I get though.

Got some skinny guy 15 oz. deep indigo selvage coming in tomorrow. My fourth pair of Naked and Famous. Also, welcome to the slub train Alucrid, glad you learned to stop worrying and love the slub

Pilgor

So my Elephant 2's came in. So awesome, yet so so uncomfortable. I'm going to stretch them out at home for a few days before I'm brave enough to wear them out.

Question for you denim-GAF, how do N&F weird guy or slim guy compare to something like 514s or GAP Standard fit? My 34-32 514's fit me pretty much perfect and I tried on some of the GAP standard fit slevage and those fit pretty well too. I want to get a decent pair, but dropping almost $200 on something I can't try on makes me nervous.

Pilgor

WeirdGuys are tapered so they are slightly slimmer at the leg hole than at the thigh. I like the profile though. Just size down one, they stretch quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom