• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actress Daniele Watts reported for lewd acts, goes nuts at police investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.

PogiJones

Banned
I suppose that's reasonable. At the same time, there's something to be said for Occam's Razor. When one situation is simply more likely than the other, it's more reasonable to go in that direction. I don't even think that the deniers or moderates suggested that Watts was outright lying, as that's something that could be so career damaging.

That said, I somewhat agree with you on the emotional outbursts from the majority. They're not *that* common, and I can understand where the anger comes from, but certain posts in recent race threads that are particularly prejudiced against white people are pretty bad. I personally don't agree with shit like that at all.

Yes, I again completely agree with everything you said. I would just add that, in order for Occam's Razor to be effective in the court of public opinion, you should have a big enough pebble of evidence to slice.

(And for the record, I didn't think she was outright lying either. I figured that if her accusation did turn out to be unfounded, it would have been because of a misunderstanding. Usually these unjust accusations stem not from fabrications, but from a skewed perspective of the events, which is why I think it's so valuable to wait for a response from the accused before any sort of public judgment is made, except in rare cases like a video recorded incident. I probably would have commented when I first read the thread before it all came out, but I've limited myself to only posting on GAF one hour per night. This forum is too addictive!)

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
The most ridiculous part about all this is that no charges or official report were made by the police, and no one would have known anything about this situation had she not attempted to become a martyr of some kind.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
lmao at that car, that doesn't look dodgy at all.

I still think that people passionately kissing/grinding (tbh you can't tell shit from those photos so I'm not sold on the fact that they were banging) shouldn't be questioned by police, but Watts has really brought all this negativity upon herself now.

Jarrod38

"Django Unchained" actress Daniele Watts and her BF were victims of racial profiling by cops in Texas ... months before they accused the LAPD of the same thing -- or so they claim.

Brian Lucas posted on his Facebook page May 23rd, "We just got pulled over for speeding & were actually "profiled" as a bi-racial, queer couple by a rookie Texas State Trooper." He also posted a selfie of him and Watts posing next to a silver Mercedes.

We broke the story ... Watts played the race card in a big way last Thursday ... when L.A. cops responded to reports of a couple having sex in a parked, silver Mercedes. They deny they were banging ... and said officers targeted them because he's white and she's black.

As for the Texas incident, Lucas called it a magical experience, adding "we are ok and spirit even supported us in a RAWKin' cool way that we couldn't even plan."

Maybe TX was just the opening act for L.A.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/18/djang...e-racial-profiling-lapd/#comments-fullwrapper

Particle Physicist

"Django Unchained" actress Daniele Watts and her BF were victims of racial profiling by cops in Texas ... months before they accused the LAPD of the same thing -- or so they claim.

Brian Lucas posted on his Facebook page May 23rd, "We just got pulled over for speeding & were actually "profiled" as a bi-racial, queer couple by a rookie Texas State Trooper." He also posted a selfie of him and Watts posing next to a silver Mercedes.

We broke the story ... Watts played the race card in a big way last Thursday ... when L.A. cops responded to reports of a couple having sex in a parked, silver Mercedes. They deny they were banging ... and said officers targeted them because he's white and she's black.

As for the Texas incident, Lucas called it a magical experience, adding "we are ok and spirit even supported us in a RAWKin' cool way that we couldn't even plan."

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/18/djang...e-racial-profiling-lapd/#comments-fullwrapper

Huh? Queer couple?

Not a dismissal of this thread's continued existence, but after reading the major sequence of events involved in this story, can anyone tell me what's left to be argued about? Reading the last couple pages didn't really clear that up for me.

Zozz

Banned
Sounds like someone is crying shit wolf.

I hope she gets slapped as a sex offender for playing the race card. Nobody wants to see nobody fucking in public.

Chariot

Not a dismissal of this thread's continued existence, but after reading the major sequence of events involved in this story, can anyone tell me what's left to be argued about? Reading the last couple pages didn't really clear that up for me.
Well, the investigation isn't finished yet. I love to see what will happen to her, now that her lies are exposed and how she will react to that.

Ain't that something.

Facebook is still anecdotal so I'd love to hear what the troopers from Texas say when they're eventually dragged into the mess.

TMZ is going full steam on her and her bf.

Is the ACLU and NAACP going to still take her case?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Huh? Queer couple?

queer
kwi(ə)r/
adjective
adjective: queer; comparative adjective: queerer; superlative adjective: queerest

strange; odd.
"she had a queer feeling that they were being watched"
synonyms: odd, strange, unusual, funny, peculiar, curious, bizarre, weird, uncanny, freakish, eerie, unnatural

I'm assuming she's saying bi-racial = strange.

Particle Physicist

I'm assuming she's saying bi-racial = strange.

Yeah, except that the term for the longest time was used derogatorily against LGTB, and only in relative recent times they have 'taken it back.' Rubs me the wrong way if that is how she is using it.

I have an old high school friend who is dating a white girl, and she constantly posts things about biracial couples and how they are stigmatized and whatnot. She immediately posted this story when it first broke as well. It's as if she feels that her relationship is breaking new grounds and they are pioneering race relations just for being in an interracial relationship. It's kind of weird.

Particle Physicist

Sitting in a car with a shirt like that? Probably in the passenger seat? I don't think I would.

Well, if that was it, I doubt the cop even assumed they were a couple. Unless they were kissing as he approached. We all know what her voice sounds like. As soon as she spoke anything I am sure the cop knew she was a woman. I seriously doubt the cop made any assumptions about relationship status between the two.

just saw pics that this woman was fucking in broad daylight in some beat up car lol. this makes the original first few pages of this thread hilarious. sometimes "need more information actually has a purpose haha.

Loofy

Remember when she played a cop in weeds.

tumblr_m9di1trHp71r7nkj8o4_250.gif

Booshka

That police audio is absolute Gold. The cop is so cool and collected, all the bulllshit stories he has been told and now he has to listen to another one. His dry, nonchalant trolling is amazing as well.

This chick is crazy, psycho hose beast for sure.

thumb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom