• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth announced for NA - PS4 Retail / PSVita Digital

Fuck. Yessssssssssssssssss.
So glad this is getting localised!

Hope we get it in AU too, don't care if it's digital only, would love to play this on my Vita but PS4 is fine if not.

Gamestop save us. They've done limited physical releases for Vita games before with One Piece: Unlimited World Red and Tales of Hearts R. Those games are BAMCO games too.

SeanTSC

Hell yes, I am definitely going to grab this on my PS4.

And I hope Kyle Bosman gets excited for this, he fucking loves Digimon.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Gamestop save us. They've done limited physical releases for Vita games before with One Piece: Unlimited World Red and Tales of Hearts R. Those games are BAMCO games too.

Yes please. I believe this is the first PS4 localized game to go DD-only as well?

Either physical form is fine, might even take both if they offer it.

Sealtest

It might not be a big deal, but my amazon.ca preorder for digimon cyber sleuth which re-directs currently to 404 just had its image updated to saying Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth in English, Maybe they just don't know its digital only.

Here are some screens of the Vita version for those that haven't followed the game much

digimon-story-cyber-sjustv.jpg

digimon-story-cyber-sn8sdr.jpg

digimon-cyber-sleuth5zsbh.png

digimon-story-cyber-shcsdb.jpg

digimon-story-cyber-sebsqa.jpg

digimon-story-cyber-srvste.jpg

digimon-story-cyber-strs8e.jpg

digimon-story-cyber-s1ms5l.jpg

9696898_origiqsui.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It might not be a big deal, but my amazon.ca preorder for digimon cyber sleuth which re-directs currently to 404 just had its image updated to saying Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth in English, Maybe they just don't know its digital only.

The fact that there was hope of a physical makes me sad with that making an appearance :( Honestly it would be awesome if it was a situation like Jojo where you could only get it physically off Amazon or the Namco store. Maybe a sign for that?

Sifl

At least it's coming out on PS4 so I don't have to find my Vita.
it will likely be $39.99 for the vita version and $59.99 for the ps4 version. Sword art online was also a digital only release and it was the normal $39.99 vita price at launch.
Ugh nvm, finding my Vita

zulux21

Awesome. Hope there's a retail release in Europe.

I personally hope there isn't
and I really hope there isn't a physical LE in europe.

as much as I prefer physical to digital, I really don't want to have to spend extra money to import a digimon game.

though my wife has already confirmed that she would be willing to pay $100 for merely a physical version of the game that has a case that when opened plays this

Etria

Yeah, easily one of the best announcements of the Expo already :D
Hopefully retail is good to go for Europe!

Voror

YES!

Now to figure out which version to get. Probably go Vita for the portability, though is there cross saves between the two or anything like that?

Fuck yeah!
Now announce God Eater 2, Bamco!

*Btw in the title US should be North America. Was not sure if it would have fit or not. Sorry for any confusion caused.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth will be released PSN only in North America Brazil + Latin America in 2016 for PS4 / PSV.

Shouldn't it be simply "America" then? Not North America.

neemmss

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I will buy day one! Have been waiting for this game to get localized and released for a while.

Isotope

Wait a minute (Via Gematsu):

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is coming to North America, Latin America, and Brazil for PlayStation 4 via retail and PS Vita via PlayStation Network in 2016, Bandai Namco announced during its RPG panel at Anime Expo.

So PS4 IS getting a retail version, or is Gematsu wrong?

Edit: Damn, just beaten, but PS4 IS getting a retail release!

God yes! I have been watching Digimon with my nephews this past month so I'm ready for more Digimon on my life. I'll buy both versions but I really wish there was a limited phisical run specially for the Vita version.

Edit: PS4 getting physical version, Sony what are you doing to me?! I'm gonna go broke on 2016 with so many good games releasing XD.

Top Bottom