• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Lloris has these games every few months where he looks like an absolute idiot imo

Overall he's class though. Sexy bastard as well, which is where De Gea, Courtois, Sczezhny and Mignolet fall down :p
If Courtois was exposed like Szczesny, Mignolet and Lloris get exposed by their respective teams he would make bad decisions too. I've seen Courtois make some silly goals too.

Courtois has a wall in front of him. That helps a lot.

If Courtois was exposed like Szczesny, Mignolet and Lloris get exposed by their respective teams he would make bad decisions too. I've seen Courtois make some silly goals too.

Courtois has a wall in front of him. That helps a lot.

Honestly, Mignolet contributes to our shaky defense. We don't do a good enough job of keeping him from having to get involved, but he doesn't do a good enough job of helping them and himself.

Casillas is just the worst

GorillaJu

I've never felt like my tastes differ so greatly from game reviewers as I have this new gen.

In other words: DriveClub is fucking great.

Phlebas

Banned
:lol

Jf4RHIu.jpg

Is there a FootyGaf club?

Isn't the max for a club like 6 people? Lol

Everything I've seen from it has looked mediocre, it doesn't even look all that good graphically and it just looks and seems bareboned as fuck.

But I've not actually played it, I just don't understand the surprise from gaf when it comes to the reviews, we have been able to see all this from miles away.

Time to announce gt, Sony.

bjaelke

"We’ll never find another like him [Cristiano] He’s getting better every day and will continue to improve until he gets to 40 years of age. Cristiano is happy at Real Madrid and always has been. He’s going to beat all records and will retire here", he [Jorge Mendes] continued.
So much for flying a plane over Bernabeu.

GorillaJu

It's not mediocre unless you define games by very different measures from how I do. The driving model, sense of speed, graphics, music and sound design—essentially all the stuff that matters most—are really good. Yes it's "bare bones" but I have never enjoyed games that offer quantity of content as a selling point. The lack of a tuning system where you modify your car and accrue currency is a benefit more than a bother to me. I don't mind grinding as a rule, but it's only when the base gameplay is so fun that I want to repeat it, not because I feel compelled to due to Skinner box item or currency systems. I didn't mind grinding in Initial D for example where car tuning means at most a 5-8% increase in performance, I just ran the same races over and over because it was fun as hell. Mechanical depth over depth of content any day for me.

Graphics are amazing. Maybe it needs to be witnessed in person to understand that, but the lighting is something special.

It would have been cooler as an open world game, purely from an experiential standpoint but the fact that it's not an open world game isn't something I can hold against it because the tracks as they exist are great.

Is it a 5-star/perfect 10? No. It's not. But it's much much better than a "yellow" game on Metacritic.

Carbonox

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

fuck the war on ebola, the war on getting out of your nice warm bed when its cold is the real frontier.

Goddammit. My dad bought a ps4 for only 230 pounds, as some new store opened and had a bunch of opening sales. Of course he didn't tell me about it.

Now I'm waiting for him to message me asking why it demands money to go online lol.

Carbonox

Shadow of Mordor is really quite great.

innit

Even though it's a mish mash of Batman and Assassin's Creed gameplay-wise, it does it really well. Then there's the Nemesis System which is glorious. Nothing quite gets me tense like going afer a Warchief and some Nemesis Captain has tracked me down as well. Shit gets hot.

Plus Celebrimbor is a badass. His backstory and role is the only part of the game's plot that interests me.

GorillaJu

I think I permanently murdered my nemesis. I can't fucking help it I did too much exploration and experimenting early on, now I'm overpowered and I haven't even hit the 50% mark on story. ;_;

I think I permanently murdered my nemesis. I can't fucking help it I did too much exploration and experimenting early on, now I'm overpowered and I haven't even hit the 50% mark on story. ;_;

It's weird I don't think I've really had a proper nemesis since I've nearly always managed to kill my targets. Hasn't reduced my enjoyment of the game though.

I also like how much of a hardcore motherfucker you become by the end. I love games that empower you massively compared to the start of the game.

It's way more fun in Shadow of Mordor when you don't take out the bodyguards first and just take them all on at once. Another thing, that throw move is so overpowered if they are not invunerable to it. You can just chuck them to the ground again and again.

bud23

BIG clubs need to be protected says Real Madrid vice-president. Pedro Lopez Jimenez believes European elite clubs should be rewardedHOUG rather than punished.

“There is a need to defend big clubs because we are not only in the biggest sport in the world, we are in the biggest show business in the world,”

“We talk about the spending and, probably, we are talking in many cases about investing so really clubs are maybe spending more than they earn but they are investing in players who are young and, when they are young and do not reach their potential, there are economic consequences,”

“We understand that we have to do something for solidarity but, at the end of the day, what attracts hundreds of millions of people to the game is the top clubs.”

XbrF8Ao.png

I haven't played PGR4, so the most I can say is

Driveclub reminds me of Rage Racer. Fantastic.

I cannot say R4, because it lacks that sweet weird dating/racing graphic novel shit R4 had.

That would have been too perfect.

EDIT: Sigh.

wG1oqsv.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom